Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BGW and DGW 20/21 Discussion thread

Options
1575859606163»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Guess I'm using the TC on Harry Maguire now?

Not a situation that even I ever considered possible :pac:

I’m considering the same, and also a -12 or maybe even a -16 to have 11 dgw (3 of which are tgw). I mean it’s a foolproof plan, what can possibly go wrong??

• Registered Users Posts: 32,971 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Is this not really really dangerous? None of Villa away or Leicester or Liverpool at home scream clean sheet, especially with the likelihood of rotation among the other players in the team.

I'm a big fan of high risk, high reward strategies at this stage of the season, but I'm not sure the reward on this one is actually that high. Maguire doesn't score anywhere near as many goals from corners as he should. Somehow only 3 league goals in his United career.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

CSF wrote: »
    Is this not really really dangerous? None of Villa away or Leicester or Liverpool at home scream clean sheet, especially with the likelihood of rotation among the other players in the team.

I'm a big fan of high risk, high reward strategies at this stage of the season, but I'm not sure the reward on this one is actually that high. Maguire doesn't score anywhere near as many goals from corners as he should. Somehow only 3 league goals in his United career.

Oh it's probably terrible, and I still don't actually have him in my team yet, but in theory he's best placed to start all 3 games?

You could then argue that he plays his former club in Leicester, and "narrative" may suggest a goal? Plus the Liverpool vs Man Utd games have been scoreless quite a lot, and you're certainly the Villa expert here, but have they been as threatening as earlier in the season?

Considering the nature of 3 games in quick succession (Plus Roma) then perhaps a less aggressively attacking and energy sapping approach will be taken?

Who the hell even knows if the home games will even go ahead?

Mosr important point: I've had the worst run in my 10 plus years playing the game over the entirety of 2021, so I've got nothing tangible to play for. It's hilarious if he scores well and also hilarious if he misses his first PL games in forever and I get 3 points out of the punr

It's that or get PVA who may not even play...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Not totally sold on the Bruno TC idea. Ole will surely rest him (or break him by playing all 4 games).

There is some Egyptian lad at Liverpool who has Southampton at home and 5 days rest before facing a possibly knackered Man U.

Food for thought at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭skippy15

Even if I was to sign maguire this week, hate him so much I'd still bench him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

I've worked out my two transfers for this week and for next week, -4 both weeks, which gives me an additional 2 DGW players this week and then brings me to 11 players playing next week.

Any time I've planned this in FF this year, there's been an inevitable injury. So I'm waiting on this to happen :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Yes and no.

There is no guarantee that the team will be weakened or what exactly that means. I think Bruno will start all 3 PL games but may be taken off early.

Matic/Fred/McTominay will each start at least one game.
    James/VDB will probably start one of Villa/Leicester
    Likes of Mata will probably get game time
    Cavani/Rashford/Greenwood will interchange

So while they may be different players they aren't going to be weakened dramatically imo. Do you think that United are more likely to concede or blank with a "weaker" team?

There is also the issue that Leicester also blank in 36.

Will Bruno be the highest captain pick of the season?

I think Utd will put out their first choice team against Liverpool and a lot of those players wont start against Leicester on the Tuesday.

Oh it's probably terrible, and I still don't actually have him in my team yet, but in theory he's best placed to start all 3 games?

You could then argue that he plays his former club in Leicester, and "narrative" may suggest a goal? Plus the Liverpool vs Man Utd games have been scoreless quite a lot, and you're certainly the Villa expert here, but have they been as threatening as earlier in the season?

Considering the nature of 3 games in quick succession (Plus Roma) then perhaps a less aggressively attacking and energy sapping approach will be taken?

Who the hell even knows if the home games will even go ahead?

Mosr important point: I've had the worst run in my 10 plus years playing the game over the entirety of 2021, so I've got nothing tangible to play for. It's hilarious if he scores well and also hilarious if he misses his first PL games in forever and I get 3 points out of the punr

It's that or get PVA who may not even play...

I would agree that Maguire is best placed to start 3 games, I’m just not sure that’s the criteria that gives you your high reward differential that you want. I would say in your spot that might just be someone who you think has a great chance of scoring well in 2 games, that others might not pick. Eg. If you think everyone will go with United players, maybe go Salah, Trent, Vardy or Iheanacho.

In relation to Villa, we’ve just come off our best attacking performance since Grealish went out, it’s defensively we’ve regressed in terms of underlyings. Leicester will likely be the game that sees the most rotation and Liverpool is Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭JPup

I think Utd will put out their first choice team against Liverpool and a lot of those players wont start against Leicester on the Tuesday.

I agree. Combined with Liverpool's dire home form, Icheanacho might be the best captain choice this week. Home to Newcastle and then potentially playing an under strength United team.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

I see relatively strong teams being played against Liverpool and Leicester. Liverpool, well because. And Leicester because they are not that far behind in third.

So, i definitely see Bruno and Maguire for example starting those two.

The Villa game is potentially the danger. However if the two players above( (for example) don't start tonight, then i don't seem them not starting two games in a row..... if that makes sense?

Therefore i think there is a relatively high percentage chance of some players starting all three games but of course with the risk of substitution early in them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Degag wrote: »
    I see relatively strong teams being played against Liverpool and Leicester. Liverpool, well because. And Leicester because they are not that far behind in third.

The Villa game is potentially the danger. However if the two players above( (for example) don't start tonight, then i don't seem them not starting two games in a row..... if that makes sense?

Therefore i think there is a relatively high percentage chance of some players starting all three games but of course with the risk of substitution early in them.

I think Maguire and Bruno start all 3 games. They started all 5 games in a 15 day period over Christmas. They are the leaders in the team and the type that want to play every game... Resting them would be unusual from Ole.

As a Bruno owner, I would like to see him benched tonight. But I think I would still be confident if he starts.

AWB was injured over that Christmas period, I think he's nailed on to start all 3 as well.

Degag wrote: »

I think what’s being described (3 games in 5 days) is exceptionally difficult. I’d be much less sure than you and therefore Leicester seems the most obvious game from a conditioning standpoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The problem with the United triple is the frequency of the fixtures with just one days rest between them
    9th May Villa
    10th ones days rest
    11th Leicester away
    12th ones days rest
    13th Liverpool

Even if Ole was planning on using Bruno, Maguire, etc in all three with only one days rest between the games theres good chance of dead legs, cramps because of the lack of recovery time between games, Id say the physios are freaking out about this schedule. Im working off the assumption that its 2 games per player and if you get a third its a bonus. Henderson in nets might be the best bet to play all three.

Its still very hard to look past Bruno as the captaincy choice in the hope of him playing 3 games. I think he plays Liverpool & Leicester for sure but he might also see half an hour vs Villa if the game isnt decided by 60 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭Shedite27

The triple gameweek just gives a better chance of getting 180 minutes out of a player, if ya get anything more you're in bonus territory.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    The triple gameweek just gives a better chance of getting 180 minutes out of a player, if ya get anything more you're in bonus territory.

That’s true, especially for someone like Shaw or Greenwood

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

CSF wrote: »
    That’s true, especially for someone like Shaw or Greenwood

Or Cavani to make 3 scoring cameos:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Maguire I think is the best shout for 3 matches. People saying AWB and Shaw are nailed, the amount of running they get through I just don't think 3 matches in that space of time is feasible. Totally different physical demand playing full-back compared to CB.

I won't be bringing in extra United players, as I'm already looking thin for 36. Think it will be Ward in for Rudiger for me (unless there's a better Palace defensive option?), and roll over one of my transfers to next week.

The interesting decision for next week is captaincy - not an easy one at all, but I imagine most will be between Bruno, Salah and Ianacho

• Registered Users Posts: 10,509 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Morzadec wrote: »
    Maguire I think is the best shout for 3 matches. People saying AWB and Shaw are nailed, the amount of running they get through I just don't think 3 matches in that space of time is feasible. Totally different physical demand playing full-back compared to CB.

I won't be bringing in extra United players, as I'm already looking thin for 36. Think it will be Ward in for Rudiger for me (unless there's a better Palace defensive option?), and roll over one of my transfers to next week.

The interesting decision for next week is captaincy - not an easy one at all, but I imagine most will be between Bruno, Salah and Ianacho

Telles is definitely playing 1 of the games. No way Shaw could be trusted to play that often.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Muahahaha wrote: »
    The problem with the United triple is the frequency of the fixtures with just one days rest between them
    9th May Villa
    10th ones days rest
    11th Leicester away
    12th ones days rest
    13th Liverpool

Even if Ole was planning on using Bruno, Maguire, etc in all three with only one days rest between the games theres good chance of dead legs, cramps because of the lack of recovery time between games, Id say the physios are freaking out about this schedule. Im working off the assumption that its 2 games per player and if you get a third its a bonus. Henderson in nets might be the best bet to play all three.

Its still very hard to look past Bruno as the captaincy choice in the hope of him playing 3 games. I think he plays Liverpool & Leicester for sure but he might also see half an hour vs Villa if the game isnt decided by 60 minutes.

I can actually see Bruno playing a lot of minutes. Wouldn't be surprised to see 45/60-90-90, as you said. Especially if he is rested tonight.

Will be interesting to see how many minutes Greenwood gets tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

Bruno, Shaw, Wan Bissaka, McGuire starting for United despite the big lead !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

thomasm wrote: »

Bad news this for the triple gameweek!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Bad news this for the triple gameweek!

Or shows that they will play regardless the score, or team they are up against.
    For somebody with Lindelof - nice to see him getting a rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭JPup

Of the 4 games in the next week, this is the most important. Ole can’t take it for granted even with the big lead. He couldn’t rest more than one or two of the first team. If they are still 4 goals up going into the second half I’d say they will take it handy for the rest of the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Being able to have 5 subs in CL Defo helps the case

• Registered Users Posts: 6,439 ✭✭✭touts

And Greenwood.

That means at best these will only start two of the PL games.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

Id expect utd to have their weakest team out against leicester big changes there

Advertisement