Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BGW and DGW 20/21 Discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭claw

Thats my take on it. It would mean.
    Southampton have Palace and fulham at home
    Palace have southampton at home and Villa away
    Villa have Everton at home and palace away
    Everton have Villa away and Sheff utd at home.
    It would suit me perfect as I have the FH and it works better than if they are in GW 35 .

If it is that it isn't too bad. I have a bench boost to play, I don't want any blanks in that gameweek ideally.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭COH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭claw

COH wrote: »

Would much have preferred it the other way. Starting to hate my bench boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,619 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Great that its been confirmed and the fixtures have been updated in the game itself

Have 7 players doubling and 4 players blanking, thankfully still have the free hit as well so can target it either way. If I FH the DGW that gives the opportunity to get Bruno in as captain v Villa and Leicester. Nothing else really stands out in the other double fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Have 10 DGW players and then 7 missing GW36 with no chips left. Hard to know what to do as dont particularly want SOU or CPL players and not many villa players either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Have 10 DGW players and then 7 missing GW36 with no chips left. Hard to know what to do as dont particularly want SOU or CPL players and not many villa players either

Remember the last DGW palace had - double CS's.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Anyone want to throw up a FH team they wpuld pick for next week. Hard to leave Salah and Kane out is my thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Ace2007 wrote: »

Thanks for the reminder on this! A palace defender might be a good bet to cover both 35 and 36 - Ward maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Ace2007 wrote: »
    You have completely undersold this episode in FPL lore.

It was the year 2016 and all was right with the world. Vardez had entered the lexicon of the day and ElTel was en route to 7th place overall.

It was the week before the big double game week and Everton and Palace had a random double. Palace hadn’t kept a clean sheet in the calendar year. Lukaku was on fire. Common sense called for a Lukaku captaincy, triple captaincy was common.

Into the scene strode a young GetWithIt with a red hot wildcard and triple Crystal Palace defence. The rest, as they say, is history.

^^^ I was talking about GW26 this season where they got 2 clean sheets in the DGW against Fulham and United.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

I’m not listening. That’s the only double I care for.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

DGW coming up for Liverpool and United I guess after today, unless they can turn around and play tomorrow or something (United play Europa on Thursday).

Doesn't look like any obvious slot to play the game before the end of the season, without rejigging a host of fixtures. And at the end of the season United will have the EL final the following midweek.

I'd guess..
    West Brom V Liverpool moves to Wed 12th
    Liverpool V United is the Sunday 16th @ 4.30pm

Still waiting to see what happens with Liverpools fixture. I see Ben is now walking back the idea of them having a DGW of Brom and Southampton in 35. He now thinks they will have a double in 36 of Brom and United

https://twitter.com/BenCrellin/status/1389575996945301510

Its a mess, just hoping they announce what is going on today or tomorrow. If there is no announcment before the deadline Friday then that probably makes DGW36 for Liverpoool more likely as if there is to be a DGW35 for them they kind of need to be announcing it very soon as the Brom fixture would be played on May the 12th, i.e. one week from now

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mieletech

Latest amended fixtures
    (all times BST)

Tuesday 11 May
    18:00 Man Utd v Leicester (BT Sport)
    20:15 Southampton v Crystal Palace (Sky Sports)

Thursday 13 May
    18:00 Aston Villa v Everton (Sky Sports)
    20:15 Man Utd v Liverpool (Sky Sports)

Tuesday 18 May
    18:00 Man Utd v Fulham (Sky Sports)
    18:00 Southampton v Leeds (Sky Sports)
    19:00 Brighton v Man City (BT Sport)
    20:15 Chelsea v Leicester (Sky Sports)

Wednesday 19 May
    18:00 Everton v Wolves (Sky Sports)
    18:00 Newcastle v Sheff Utd (Sky Sports)
    18:00 Spurs v Aston Villa (Sky Sports)
    19:00 Crystal Palace v Arsenal (BT Sport)
    20:15 Burnley v Liverpool (Sky Sports)
    20:15 West Brom v West Ham (Sky Sports)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

mieletech wrote: »
    Latest amended fixtures
    (all times BST)

Tuesday 11 May
    18:00 Man Utd v Leicester (BT Sport)
    20:15 Southampton v Crystal Palace (Sky Sports)

Thursday 13 May
    18:00 Aston Villa v Everton (Sky Sports)
    20:15 Man Utd v Liverpool (Sky Sports)

Tuesday 18 May
    18:00 Man Utd v Fulham (Sky Sports)
    18:00 Southampton v Leeds (Sky Sports)
    19:00 Brighton v Man City (BT Sport)
    20:15 Chelsea v Leicester (Sky Sports)

Wednesday 19 May
    18:00 Everton v Wolves (Sky Sports)
    18:00 Newcastle v Sheff Utd (Sky Sports)
    18:00 Spurs v Aston Villa (Sky Sports)
    19:00 Crystal Palace v Arsenal (BT Sport)
    20:15 Burnley v Liverpool (Sky Sports)
    20:15 West Brom v West Ham (Sky Sports)
    Big Sam must have kicked up a fuss. Which 3 Utd? I have Bruno and Shaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Man utd have a triple gameweek in 35!

Liverpool double

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Holy mother of god. Sunday, Tue and Thursday tho, they’ll have to rotate everyone for that. And there’s no easy fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Maguire will play them all, I'm getting him in

• Registered Users Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

ShaneU wrote: »
    Maguire will play them all, I'm getting him in

I think so too, Shaw and AWB are rarely rotated too.

Maguire the most nailed.

Dont forget UTD have no game on week 36. Risky having more than 2. Better with pool players, likely to play three times in two game weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Hopefully SolskJaer rests Bruno shaw in rome now with those 3 games in quick succession

That United triple followed by a blank is really punishing players with only Bruno with or no United assets at all. Ive no United players and neither do my rivals but still have the free hit whereas theyve no chips left. Will be hoping to make hay by tripling up on United players.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,439 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Muahahaha wrote: »
    That United triple followed by a blank is really punishing players with only Bruno with or no United assets at all. Ive no United players and neither do my rivals but still have the free hit whereas theyve no chips left. Will be hoping to make hay by tripling up on United players.

It's hard to know really. How many players will realistically start 3 games and get more than 60 mins in them?

A lot will probably get 180 mins combined over the course of the GW, rather than 270 mins. Rashford, Cavani, Greenwood, Pogba, Shaw all won't start 3 games IMO. Lindelof maybe but not likely. The likes of Fred & McTominay are not FPL assets.

That leaves Henderson, AWB, Maguire, Bruno as the players with a chance of starting 3.

In theory, a Luke Thomas could be just as valuable as a Shaw, with both players playing 2 games. AWB or Maguire could be the smart defender to bring in with more chance of a treble start. Henderson probably more likely, depending on your GK situation.

If you don't have Bruno, and have been getting by without him for this long, I think it's possible to get by without him. Bold statement I know. 2 returns in 8 but then it is Bruno and he could get a couple monsters hauls. There isn't really an other attacker for 3 games so you're going for an attacker for 2 games really. And there are other clubs with doubles. Is Bruno worth a -4 or -8, only to have no fixture the game after? And then possibly be rested for EL final so missing the final game after too.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I did my WC last week in order to bench boost this gameweek. Brought in Rashford in addition to Fernandes who I already had. This has been a big bit of jammy luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

I'm without Bruno the last couple of GWs and have Greenwood only from United with Salah & Jota too. Think I'll just go without Bruno and bring in AWB/Maguire and Zaha. Zaha is the one who has always let me down in the past though so very apprehensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

bantee wrote: »
    I'm without Bruno the last couple of GWs and have Greenwood only from United with Salah & Jota too. Think I'll just go without Bruno and bring in AWB/Maguire and Zaha. Zaha is the one who has always let me down in the past though so very apprehensive.

Zaha possibly carrying in an injury so would be best to wait until presser to see if there's any news.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭touts

No Utd player is safe from rotation. Even Maguire and Bruno will be rested. Could even see Goalkeeper rotation. 4 games in a week is just too much. Especially assuming they get through to the Europa league final and City win the league this weekend. Ole will have little to play for in the league and won't risk Maguire etc getting injured in this crazy schedule and missing the Europa final.

So in effect this is a double for Utd followed by a blank. Most of their players will play two games. You might pick up one point in the third if they come off the bench. Other teams have a double and a single. That's better overall. Looking over 2 weeks lots of players will have three games vs two and a bit for the Utd players.

I had planned two Utd players for this gameweek anyway. Bruno and Shaw. Sticking with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I think it makes Leicester players become better options. They will get to play a weakened Utd team and now have an extra day rest before the FA cup final.

I think it makes Leicester players become better options. They will get to play a weakened Utd team and now have an extra day rest before the FA cup final.

Yes and no.

There is no guarantee that the team will be weakened or what exactly that means. I think Bruno will start all 3 PL games but may be taken off early.

Matic/Fred/McTominay will each start at least one game.
    James/VDB will probably start one of Villa/Leicester
    Likes of Mata will probably get game time
    Cavani/Rashford/Greenwood will interchange

So while they may be different players they aren't going to be weakened dramatically imo. Do you think that United are more likely to concede or blank with a "weaker" team?

There is also the issue that Leicester also blank in 36.

Will Bruno be the highest captain pick of the season?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Guess I'm using the TC on Harry Maguire now?

Not a situation that even I ever considered possible :pac:

Advertisement