Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How long do you guys expect to wait before sex?

• 07-12-2019 7:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Ok so i get people have one night stands and sex on a first date that can turn into a relationship.

I get there is no SET time.

But how long is too long??

I would expect to wait like 6 to 8 weeks. Maybe shorter if we are seeing each other a lot or we are just feeling like we are a couple etc.

Is that mental?:(

Yeah if i was really taken with a guy ..it could be shorter ..but on average ..it takes a while for me to get comfortable emotionally with someone

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Samuri Suicide

How long did you and mr_fegelien wait??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

I'd say he's waiting for you to step away from boards for the three-and-a-half minutes it'll take him to empty the nut purse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Creepazoid wrote: »
    Any guy wants sex as soon as they meat a women on a first date. While your talking all that is going through a guys head is banging you. He is also thinking what can he say so he can bang you as soon as possible.
    While your talking and he's nodding along he's thinking about banging you.

I'm sorry but if a woman wants to wait 6-8 weeks it's a no no for me. It just tells me their is no spark there and would imply to me there will be further issues down the line. If the woman seriously likes the guy she should put out, after three dates I'd expect a blow job at least and stinky fingers

You’ve the right username anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,106 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Is sex not something for both of you to decide and want ?

Mad concept altogether I know...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Dont expect sex.....respect sex.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Yamanoto wrote: »
    I'd say he's waiting for you to step away from boards for the three-and-a-half minutes it'll take him to empty the nut purse.

Brag much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Creepazoid wrote: »
    Any guy wants sex as soon as they meat a women on a first date. While your talking all that is going through a guys head is banging you. He is also thinking what can he say so he can bang you as soon as possible.
    While your talking and he's nodding along he's thinking about banging you.

I'm sorry but if a woman wants to wait 6-8 weeks it's a no no for me. It just tells me their is no spark there and would imply to me there will be further issues down the line. If the woman seriously likes the guy she should put out, after three dates I'd expect a blow job at least and stinky fingers

So how long are you planning on been a virgin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Youd have some case of blueball after 8 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

About a month, or in terms OP would understand, 6,421 posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

6 to 8 weeks is a long time and wouldn't reflect normalised human sexual behaviour. There's a couple of reasons why it's the case though and top of that list is it probably points to underlying emotional instability or insecurities which you need to sort out. The way to sort that out is not by stringing a guy along. It's quite selfish. A guy is not your tool to fill those voids. He is a person too and deserves respect as much as you do.

And at the other end of the list is simply that you are not a match. If so that's grand, don't flog a dead horse.

The way to sort it out is not by stringing a guy along. And the way to definitely not sort it out is by knocking boots because there is a societal pressure to do so after X amount of time. Take care of yourself first and foremost. Focus on developing friendships and relationships and self esteem. The rest will follow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

myshirt wrote: »
    snip
    wtf that's sick and not funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

6 to 8 weeks is a long time and wouldn't reflect normalised human sexual behaviour. There's a couple of reasons why it's the case though and top of that list is it probably points to underlying emotional instability or insecurities which you need to sort out. The way to sort that out is not by stringing a guy along. It's quite selfish. A guy is not your tool to fill those voids. He is a person too and deserves respect as much as you do.

And at the other end of the list is simply that you are not a match. If so that's grand, don't flog a dead horse.

The way to sort it out is not by stringing a guy along. And the way to definitely not sort it out is by knocking boots because there is a societal pressure to do so after X amount of time. Take care of yourself first and foremost. Focus on developing friendships and relationships and self esteem. The rest will follow.

Nobody owes anyone anything sexually and people have different sex drives, there is not one normal. There are people that aren't into casual hook-ups that are perfectly content with who they are.

These threads always follow the same caveman logic: "All men brainless horny stallions, all women dried up, frigid bores."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Later I realised you can just take full physical control during sex and not have to tolerate being touched too much at all.

You mean sort yourself out?

Sure your partner was delighted to be relegated to a mere observer.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Holly13

6 to 8 weeks is not necessarily a long time. It depends how much time you spend with the person and if you knew them beforehand you started dating. You could be “dating” for 6 weeks and barely see the person

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

anewme wrote: »
    Its like winning Euromillions without having to buy a ticket.

At least that's what he wants to believe :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,939 ✭✭✭✭banie01

How long did you and mr_fegelien wait??

Jesus!
    That's put thoughts of an ILYV and MF offspring into my head and it has terrified me!

Imagine, the lucidity of ILYV combined with the outright yet strangely compelling stupidity of MF?!?!

That's frankly enough to have me turn into Herod!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Ok so i get people have one night stands and sex on a first date that can turn into a relationship.

I get there is no SET time.

But how long is too long??

I would expect to wait like 6 to 8 weeks. Maybe shorter if we are seeing each other a lot or we are just feeling like we are a couple etc.

Is that mental?:(

Yeah if i was really taken with a guy ..it could be shorter ..but on average ..it takes a while for me to get comfortable emotionally with someone
    Considering you have over 7000 posts in 7 months I'm surprised you have time to date someone let alone think about letting him throw the mortar mix into your mixer lol

Jesus have a conversation with the guy your dating and put down the phone things might progress the way you want then

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

At least 3 drinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Reviews and Books Galore

From your son?

Jesus, what type of thread is this?

What are you insinuating?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

Don't wait, just lob it in there boss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,160 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

If she's a virgin, patience is called for.
    3 months has been my experience.
    But you build up to it. It's not like there's nothing happening for 3 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Alecto

A few dates I suppose. I have a weird relationship with sex due to my past so if I want to be in a relationship with someone I tend to wait, I've found that having sex right away leads to a more casual arrangement. I've had enough of that to last a lifetime.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Vita nova

If you were to take your cues from American TV and films then it's usually the third date, sometimes know as the third date rule.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

six weeks isnt long at all

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

The word " wait " sticks out like a sore thumb.

As soon as sex gets evaluated it gets destroyed.

All the best sex I have ever had has come without an expectation or a demand or pretension. I have never felt on a " clock" or that I was being evaluated.

Anytime I ever come across any bullshít with a partner I walk, not that dramatically or anything, but if does not feel right I am out. I am a hot blooded male, but I have turned down some hot babes in the past because I simply felt they hadn't a clue what was going on, in hindsight it turns out I have dodged a few bullets.

Keep it natural and fun. No one should be expected to have a " time limit " or set amount of dates before putting out. The whole point of dating is getting to know someone better. Treat it that way. It is great opportunity to find someone you might care about and maybe have a future with.

Sex should be exciting and enjoyable, not some bland requirement you read about in a magazine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

My experience varies between 5 hours and 5 weeks. When you both want to sleep together that's when you're ready.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

If it is going to take more than 3 minutes after I wake him up and wiggle my eyebrows for him to start responding then, sorry, I'm out of there. Come on, like. Breakfast is calling and I'm starving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Rufeo

Seriously, the standard of thread on here these days.....mega yawn.

Rufeo wrote: »
    Seriously, the standard of thread on here these days.....mega yawn.

You do know there's no requirement to read them all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Usually after the third date mr_fegelien Vibes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,568 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Vibes, what have you done with Mr F ? I kinda miss him.
    Come back MrF xxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

cjmc wrote: »
    Vibes, what have you done with Mr F ? I kinda miss him.
    Come back MrF xxxxx

He's back visiting Africa obvs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Anybody putting a timeline on when they are going to "allow" sex is messed up in my opinion. Either you want to bang each other or you don't, attraction is supposed to be spontaneous, not just one part of a ten step guide.

Frankly, if a girl said she wanted to wait 8 weeks I would probably be gone. Not because I can't wait 8 weeks, but because she obviously has deeper issues there and my days of entertaining that teenage drama bull**** are long, long in the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

About 5 minutes after the cash has been handed over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,832 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

OSI wrote: »
    a fanny like the cliffs of moher
    Yamanoto wrote: »
    empty the nut purse.
    throw the mortar mix into your mixer

wTSLxA8W8bpc.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭20Wheel

Third date. That's the rule.

And if they're a 'not the on the third date' type then you're not a 'let's wait' type either.

Third date or call me when you're up for it.

No more food excursions.

Putin is a dictator. Putin should face justice at the Hague. All good Russians should work to depose Putin. Russias war in Ukraine is illegal and morally wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

The "rule"?

Just have sex when ye both want to. Crikey!

Raconteuse wrote: »
    The "rule"?

Just have sex when ye both want to. Crikey!

OP seems to be afraid hanging on till she 'really wants to' might be putting some guys off...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I had one (what I intended to be) one night stand and he wanted a relationship. So if that's what worries you, it doesn't seem to be an issue for men. They'd be a bit hypocritical it was, but sure, double standards are not new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Alecto

I'm surprised so many people see waiting as a control thing. When I've wanted to wait it's because I like someone and don't want them to feck off as soon as we've had sex.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭chrissb8

What are you insinuating?

That your grammar and clarity of language is not all that great leading to your previous post being construed the wrong way.

I always try to get sex on the same night I've met her. I've become pretty adept at beating last minute resistance.

I'd say you're more adept at beating yourself off.

Alecto wrote: »
    I'm surprised so many people see waiting as a control thing. When I've wanted to wait it's because I like someone and don't want them to feck off as soon as we've had sex.

Why would they feck off, unless the sex was terrible?

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jenneke87

Why would they feck off, unless the sex was terrible?

Because they got what they want and are moving on to the next conquest..

I'd say you're more adept at beating yourself off.

I wouldn't be so skeptical, "beating last minute resistance" has got a lot easier since rohypnol became widely available...

Jenneke87 wrote: »
    Because they got what they want er and are living in to the next conquest..

And making them wait will make them want you more? I don't get that.

When I was in the game if I was into a woman, the only reason sex on the first night would drive me away was if it was bad sex.
    I might move on for other reasons but never because she had sex with me!

I always try to get sex on the same night I've met her. I've become pretty adept at beating last minute resistance.

Proper order. You should get what you paid for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,464 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

OSI wrote: »
    I only date people I’ve had sex with. Imagine waiting 2 months to find out they’ve a fanny like the cliffs of moher or a Donald Trump dick.

Yeah an orange dick would be weird alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,464 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Women tend to put men into two categories, lovers and providers. Women have sex with the lovers without needing anything in return, in fact they tend to break rules for the lover types. For the provider types, women tend to make rules, sex is transactional in nature, he gets sex every now and then if he is a good boy.

What site did you get that off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,190 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

It depends on whether the post delivery ward is private or public. And whether she's had many stitches.

• Advertisement
Advertisement