Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chatwalk - Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭miss5

I guess it's because girls look so feminine in them and summer
    generally cheers people up.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Have come out in a full body rash :( It's either from new bath products, or dips from a pizza place I ordered from last night for the first time :p But serious dose of itching!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

miss5 wrote: »
    I guess it's because girls look so feminine in them and summer
    generally cheers people up.

Yeah probably. I think it's also cos people like wearing Summery clothes. You can always tell when a girl in a Summery dress feels nice about her dress. It radiates! :)
    Twee. wrote: »
    Have come out in a full body rash :( It's either from new bath products, or dips from a pizza place I ordered from last night for the first time :p But serious dose of itching!

Yuuuuuuuck, that happened to me once because of a new soap and it was so itchy... I can't use that brand now but I can never remember what brand it was and hence, constantly have to ask my mom. Haha. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

What bath products did you use?! Hope you're feeling better soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Ahhh summer dresses.
    [Wanters off to a happy place] :)
    I've not been in Miss Selfridges in years. I only tend to see the shops that Mrs.Goat likes (or that the Kidletts occasionally drag me into). next time I pass I'll pay more attention to the window displays.

Speaking of window displays, walked past Arnotts on saturday and in the window they have a few manniquns (sp?) wearing ballet tutu's. Mrs. Goat almost tore the arm outta my socket as she rocketed inside to get one (or one of each colour) only to be told that they are display only. The bloke inside said he could have shifted 50 units that morning alone judging by the enquiries he's been getting.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement

It was some Irish spa brand. I'd had such a gorgeous bath with exfoliator and bubble and all the trimmings! But of course I wake up like this. It's gone down a bit this morning, and to quote my mam "at least it's not on your face"! Have to sit a 2 hour exam though. Man!

I know I'm fond of shoes (wimmins shoes - on wimmins) but there is sublime and there is Bwahahahahahahahahahaha

media_httpwwwtrendhuntercomimagesphpthumbnails515501468jpeg_fiDeibnBGEgfApl.jpeg.scaled500.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=1C9REJR1EMRZ83Q7QRG2&Expires=1272284415&Signature=flKHzqVSpeVL%2FFEzJhti5%2FiQTyU%3D

I never realised guys liked summer dresses so much

Good to know :D

Arnoots often display clothing that is not on sale usually to compliment the
    top etc :rolleyes:

It was some Irish spa brand. I'd had such a gorgeous bath with exfoliator and bubble and all the trimmings! But of course I wake up like this. It's gone down a bit this morning, and to quote my mam "at least it's not on your face"! Have to sit a 2 hour exam though. Man!
    Good luck with your exam twee. Hope you feel better soon that
    happens to me everytime I use certain shampoo's.

Ah loads of shop put things in their window displays that aren't on sale, bit silly! I used to work in River Island and I remember once in the window there were these pretty amazing head pieces and masks. It was Hallowe'en time and the amount of people who wanted to buy them and we'd have to say, "Eh, they're not on sale...". "SO WHY ARE THEY IN THE WINDOW THEN?!", "I don't know :(". People can get verrrry angry!

• Advertisement

Window displays in charity shops used to really annoy me. They would always manage to find some piece that was wonderful and when you make an offer on it they 'Don't sell the pieces in the window'. I've since learnt to ask them when do they change the window display.

<-<
    >->
    though a lot of my regular haunts will put pieces aside for me. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

OldGoat wrote: »
    Window displays in charity shops used to really annoy me. They would always manage to find some piece that was wonderful and when you make an offer on it they 'Don't sell the pieces in the window'. I've since learnt to ask them when do they change the window display.

<-<
    >->
    though a lot of my regular haunts will put pieces aside for me. :D

Haha, very good! :)

My reaction has gone! Exams are still here though, but trying not to let them bother me :p Damn exams getting in the way of me having a good time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

My reaction has gone! Exams are still here though, but trying not to let them bother me :p Damn exams getting in the way of me having a good time!

I've only 1 exam in 3 weeks but I can't wait for it to be over and for it to be the summer even though all I'll be doing is working, I'm sick of academic stuff for now!! More hours in work=more money to spend on clothes :pac:

I have just started wearing over the knee socks with dresses and skirts.
    I quite like the look once it's done properly.
    Any opinions?

I think it's a cute look! I'm thinking of getting a pair, but I'm not sure how they'll look. Not the biggest fan of my legs!

I wore some black over the knee socks with a short dress and heels.
    Guys seem to like them anyway lol
    I think you should try it Twee I bet they would look great.

I like over the knee socks, but I'm not brave enough to actually wear them anywhere other than around the house! :( I do really like the look though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Novella wrote: »
    I like over the knee socks, but I'm not brave enough to actually wear them anywhere other than around the house! :( I do really like the look though!

Me too, hate my legs

akamossy wrote: »
    Me too, hate my legs

I do honestly have chunky legs, so I don't wanna draw anymore attention to them than I have to! :pac:

• Advertisement

I guess my legs would be my best asset which is why I'm pretty comfortable
    with the look, Must say I really like the look, It can transform the look of an outfit
    with the right accessories.

Okay so I'm going to the Trinity Nursing ball on Friday. Wtf do I wear?! Full length, not full length?! :confused:

I know a lot of girls wear knee length cocktail dresses to college balls
    but I think full length is lovely got a gorgeous blue karen millen dress
    for a college ball and it was perfect. Which do you prefer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I have just started wearing over the knee socks with dresses and skirts.
    I quite like the look once it's done properly.
    Any opinions?

Me too! I think it looks cute wearing it with heels and a cute short dress.:o

Pocketfizz wrote: »
    Me too! I think it looks cute wearing it with heels and a cute short dress.:o
    Just saw fearne Cotton does some great ones in the latest purchases thread,
    It's a really nice look.

I know a lot of girls wear knee length cocktail dresses to college balls
    but I think full length is lovely got a gorgeous blue karen millen dress
    for a college ball and it was perfect. Which do you prefer?

Ooh, full length! Any excuse to get majorly dressed up really :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Just saw fearne Cotton does some great ones in the latest purchases thread,
    It's a really nice look.

Yeah I posted that, I got them online on littlewoods really love her style. Maybe when my funds are in order I will splash out on one of her gorgeous dresses. :D

Oh cool thanks for posting that love those , going to order them tomorrow.

A friend of mine has been doing some modeling for an outlet in Kinsale. For those of you with a taste for vintage it's too good a site for me not to mention. Just wanted people to know that my only interest in the outlet is through Susan (one of the photo models).
    Anyday, disclaimers aside... Charlotte And Jane. I couldn't wait for a suitable thread to come up so I'm posting the link here. :o

• Advertisement

OldGoat wrote: »
    A friend of mine has been doing some modeling for an outlet in Kinsale. For those of you with a taste for vintage it's too good a site for me not to mention. Just wanted people to know that my only interest in the outlet is through Susan (one of the photo models).
    Anyday, disclaimers aside... Charlotte And Jane. I couldn't wait for a suitable thread to come up so I'm posting the link here. :o

Ooooh, some of the stuff on that website is gorgeous <3

Advertisement