Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

some kind of land cow

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Geek Nose wrote:
    That's such a 'Ruu' type joke. Lame & ripped off from those ghey 'Chuck Norris' facts. That's the reason I added him to my ignore list - too many uncool lame-o posts. I used to read this forum for a few weeks before I joined, and I actually cringed at Ruu's posts, so the first thing I did after joining was ignore them! It's great!
    When you've contributed as much to Boards as Ruu has, or even taken the responsibility over multiple forums like he has, then you may be in a position to critisise him/take a shot at him. You're here less than a month, have contributed little or nothing and to be honest, noone would even notice if you never posted again (nor would they care) so how about shutting the f*ck up and having a little respect for someone who puts in countless hours and amounts of energy to ensure the smooth running of many forums, as well as contributing and helping out many, many users here on Boards.

Anyway, Ruu does a great job of modding, fair f*cks to him for volunteering for so many responsibilities and lets hope he keeps up the good work :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

wow, who cares? Really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

FX Meister wrote:
    wow, who cares? Really?
    Ruu's too nice to give out so someone had to do it for him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

rb_ie wrote:
    Ruu's too nice to give out so someone had to do it for him :D

That's what makes him so great:D

Really, I don't see how someone could dislike Ruu. He's so friendly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Ruu's surely the best mod on boards. There are a few other mods out there who could learn a lot from him. He's one of the few moderators that people actually apologise to when he stops them acting the maggot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Geek Nose

rb_ie wrote:
    When you've contributed as much to Boards as Ruu has, or even taken the responsibility over multiple forums like he has

oh no - I've haven't lived!
    Oh, I didn't realise the phrase 'uncool lame-o' was back in fashion.

How would you have realised?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Shut up Geek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Everyone loves knuckles, therefore everyone loves Ruu. QED.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

everytime you say "I dont believe in Ruu", a muppet gets his wings.

oh and Ruu

Tails > Knuckles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

What does the title of this thread mean anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Geek Nose wrote:

How would you have realised?

By people not using the phrase since the 70s?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Geek Nose

Sangre wrote:
    By people not using the phrase since the 70s?
    How do you know it hasn't come back into fashion, but you just haven't found out yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Top bloke with a top avatar. I can't fault the guy at all:)
    Can't recall one pointless post made by him, unlike some others with a similar post count... (*cough* Tar *cough*)

I hope 2007 brings you all the grooviness you deserve

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

tman wrote:
    Can't recall one pointless post made by him, unlike some others with a similar post count... (*cough* Tar *cough*)
    Ah now, to be fair, all my posts are to give me some semlance of a point to my sad life, and to try...and get cupcake..

I AM A COW!

*woof* *woof*

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Ruu for SMod!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

To Ruu...

The fairest mod in the land

*Onkle raises glass to Ruu

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

seansouth wrote:
    What does the title of this thread mean anyway?

fair question ... anyone know the answer :confused:

never mind that he obviously doesn't sleep, mods every second forum here and clearly has waaay too much time on his hands ... Ruu's most disturbing attribute is his penchant for an RTE news anchor of a certain age ... this needs to be explored further

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Huzzah for Ruu:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

trout wrote:
    fair question ... anyone know the answer :confused:

never mind that he obviously doesn't sleep, mods every second forum here and clearly has waaay too much time on his hands ... Ruu's most disturbing attribute is his penchant for an RTE news anchor of a certain age ... this needs to be explored further

It was me she was thinking of when she made you that cup of tea, should have been me! :) I <3 you all.

• Advertisement

Ruu wrote:
    It was me she was thinking of when she made you that cup of tea, should have been me! :) I <3 you all.

ehh ... she made me tea ... TWO times ... she has a lovely stirring motion <ahem> and isn't a bit mean with the milk and two sugars;)

getting back to the point (almost) ... what is a land cow ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

trout wrote:
    ehh ... she made me tea ... TWO times ... she has a lovely stirring motion <ahem> and isn't a bit mean with the milk and two sugars;)

getting back to the point (almost) ... what is a land cow ?

Cow%20and%20calf20.jpg

Its the opposite of a sea cow, dummy!

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

Geek Nose wrote:
    While we're on the subject, I actually put Ruu on my ignore list because his terrible jokes and lame puns were legit p*ssing me off. I'm not even joking... he's the only one on my ignore list.
    It's like he tries too hard to be a 'hip' mod, but he comes accross like a total square IMO.
    Tip- Don't piss off the mods

And ruu rocks my socks. End of:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

no, you n00bs, a land cow is what the Springfieldians call a buffalo before Jebediah (sp?) wrestles it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

I don't like Ruu. He questioned how I lived my life. I've been depressed for days. Why would he be so mean? ;_;

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Cow%20and%20calf20.jpg

Its the opposite of a sea cow, dummy!

and it's what I believe Ruu really is , too many people go with the robot theory but I feel the land cow theory has a lot more going for it .

Ask yourself this , what is more likely to have a cool avatar a land cow or a robot ?

Big Ears wrote:
    and it's what I believe Ruu really is , too many people go with the robot theory but I feel the land cow theory has a lot more going for it .

Ask yourself this , what is more likely to have a cool avatar a land cow or a robot ?

after much research on the land cow theory* ... i have decided not to believe it for two reasons,

one ... i am a vegetarian, and two ... cows clearly cannot type at any reasonable speed or manipulate a mouse, which is directly at odds with our knowledge of Ruu and his output

must be a robot ... the land cow angle is misdirection ... simply a ruuse

* i read all about the land cow here http://www.snpp.com/guides/jebediah.html

Woohoo Ruu's a fox now.

OBEY THE FOX!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Love the Fox...but I do miss Sonic...his boards.us avatar does indicate a more robotic nature to our Ruu.
    Ruu wrote:
    I <3 you all.

We all (those who count ;)) <3 you too :D

It's 2007, feel the love :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Ruu wrote:
    The real answer is that I have magnets on my tail so if you are made out of metal it can attach onto you.
    "And instead of ears he's got 4 arse's"

Advertisement