Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

some kind of land cow

Options
  • 31-12-2006 5:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭

sir, we have a terminator on Board(s)

seriously how can Ruu moderate all those forums without being a cyborg of some varient?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

ya, you're right... i just hope he doesnt short circut one of these days...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

if he does we're f *clanged* ed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Perm bans for all! *throws from the balcony*
    The real answer is that I have magnets on my tail so if you are made out of metal it can attach onto you.

Marts wrote:
    seriously how can Ruu moderate all those forums without being a cyborg of some varient?

Perhaps a third arm?

And woot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Ruu is not a real person, he's an advanced vbulletin night controller programme which is switched on when all the mods go to sleep.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

what intrigues me is how ruu can post over 14 thousand posts but ALWAYS has his green light off

Thats an easy one, just turn on Invisible Mode in UserCp->Edit Options. :) That or my master, Cloud, forgot to change the bulb...again.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

All hail master Ruu:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

surely you must know that knuckles is an invincible fiend who shall rule all once the cockroaches have taken over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Robotically Upgraded User

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Pfft, I used to mod more than him. "Used to"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Geek Nose

While we're on the subject, I actually put Ruu on my ignore list because his terrible jokes and lame puns were legit p*ssing me off. I'm not even joking... he's the only one on my ignore list.
    It's like he tries too hard to be a 'hip' mod, but he comes accross like a total square IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

He's got nothing better to do :D

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

What's weird is this isn't the first thread accusing Ruu of being a robot.

Eh, might as well join in:
    Ruu's tears can cure cancer, too bad he never cries.
    Ruu can burn ants with a magnifying glass, at night.

Eh, might as well join in:
    Ruu's tears can cure cancer, too bad he never cries.
    Ruu can burn ants with a magnifying glass, at night.

That's such a 'Ruu' type joke. Lame & ripped off from those ghey 'Chuck Norris' facts. That's the reason I added him to my ignore list - too many uncool lame-o posts. I used to read this forum for a few weeks before I joined, and I actually cringed at Ruu's posts, so the first thing I did after joining was ignore them! It's great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Geek Nose wrote:
    That's such a 'Ruu' type joke. Lame & ripped off from those ghey 'Chuck Norris' facts. That's the reason I added him to my ignore list - too many uncool lame-o posts. I used to read this forum for a few weeks before I joined, and I actually cringed at Ruu's posts, so the first thing I did after joining was ignore them! It's great!

Agreed.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Hah, I think it is impossible to have everybody like you, even if you just post to help people, go ruu!
    I would like to see your post record for 2006, that's some amount of posts in a year.

JohnCleary wrote:
    He's got nothing better to do :D
    You may jest, but his post count indicates it's true!

Ruu is one of the fairest and hardest working mods around here.
    I don't see any justification for noobs coming in here and being disrespectful.

• Advertisement

Danke Hagar, it was you who put me in this mod spot at first, kind of.:) Funny that the people saying that I have nothing better to do are probably on their third or fourth account after being sitebanned...steeenks of effort (you know who you are..for shaaammmee).

Wanders off to get name changed to Dr. Frankenstein...:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Hagar wrote:
    Ruu is one of the fairest and hardest working mods around here.
    I don't see any justification for noobs coming in here and being disrespectful.

Agreed.

One post telling us how you feel about Ruu is fine, but do people need to quote others complements and fire back insults or stupid comments? Makes me wanna put em on me ignore list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I remember when Ruu joined. You're Bard's cousin right? If not than I don't remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭the Shades

Sounds more like he/she's obsessed with Ruu than anything else. Personally I always find Ruu's posts quite enjoyable. But maybe the cute little echidna has me fooled...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Excellent mod. Fairest in the land - that came out wrong, ah you know what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

I don't like Ruu. I think Ruu should go away. I think Ruu should be banned for telling people how to be invisible too. I think Ruu is a big meanie.*

*All may or may not be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

i never had a problem with any of the mods on boards, dont like some of the replies from the mods in PI, feels like they are on a power buzz, but i suppose its necessary

ruu is a great help when i comes to computer problems, and i am a total geek so its difficult to impress me

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Geek Nose wrote:
    Oh, I didn't realise the phrase 'uncool lame-o' was back in fashion.

• Advertisement

If we are handing out third arms, can I get mine in the crotch area? Nobody would suspect it whatsoever.

Advertisement