Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vehicle Gallery - Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

POGAN wrote: »
    It's Operation Fiachla is that focus

driven by very heavily armed members, wearing ASU style vests, but in civvies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

carzony wrote: »
    driven by very heavily armed members, wearing ASU style vests, but in civvies.

Anti burglary lads “Smash more property than the burglars themselves” is there motto

Anti burglary lads “Smash more property than the burglars themselves” is there motto

I'd say that focus has seen some action.. it was spotless for a 15 plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭gem112

The Focus is like Triggers Broom

gem112 wrote: »
    The Focus is like Triggers Broom

That’s one way of putting it haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Jaysus lads, whoever drives the armed units..... Seriously id be refusing, the sirens are worse then ever....

BMW flew through traffic the other day, we were all fairly moving anyway.... Could hear a faint woop woop as he had already past.... Sounds louder from behind.... Shocking stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

Jaysus lads, whoever drives the armed units..... Seriously id be refusing, the sirens are worse then ever....

BMW flew through traffic the other day, we were all fairly moving anyway.... Could hear a faint woop woop as he had already past.... Sounds louder from behind.... Shocking stuff.

Which BMW X5 or 5 series?

Which BMW X5 or 5 series?

X5

X5

I bet the 182 version light bar isn’t great

Cork City Fire Echo 1 is worse tho horrible lights and when you don’t have the noise on.

I bet the 182 version light bar isn’t great

Cork City Fire Echo 1 is worse tho horrible lights and when you don’t have the noise on.

Major safety issues.... Can't hear them.

• Advertisement

I see a thread on here about a brand new kona 1.6d that had brake failure.

Hose came away from fixing and pipe burst causing complete failure.

It's a 3 week old 202..... Wonder will any of the Garda ones have the same fault.

May be interesting to any Garda on here and maybe worth a check up to make sure it won't happen as driving at speed which Gardai will it's something else to press the brake and then have none.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Happened me in an i30 about 4-5 years ago. Nearly shìt myself.

Predictably, Hyundai couldn't find a fault

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Major safety issues.... Can't hear them.

Jesus lads one at the lights at airside today had to stop and wait for traffic to finish flowing through a green filter as nobody could hear them. They passed me as I pulled over and I couldn't hear the sirens within 2 car lengths away from me. Shockingly bad sirens. Can you guys not raise this with superiors? Its was an X5.

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Jesus lads one at the lights at airside today had to stop and wait for traffic to finish flowing through a green filter as nobody could hear them. They passed me as I pulled over and I couldn't hear the sirens within 2 car lengths away from me. Shockingly bad sirens. Can you guys not raise this with superiors? Its was an X5.

I'm no Gaurd but on the road with work and just a lot and it's absolutely baffling.... Only thing going for them is the lights....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

I will say sorry in advance. If I come across you in a Kona, you may get a hug and my condolances!!!

Its a victimless crime!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

I was down Dun Laoghaire pier today for a walk and saw a Harbour Police Dacia Duster.

With the full battenburg, lights etc it could be well fooled for a Garda car.

Would they be any good as a community car? Like the Yaris/Fiesta were.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Just passed a 06 RPU Ford Galaxy on parkgate street. Looked in great nick for it’s age!

Just passed a 06 RPU Ford Galaxy on parkgate street. Looked in great nick for it’s age!

That's the Forensic Collision Investigation Unit.

Was thinking that, still amazing they're using it.... 14 years old, do they do the brake test in it still

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

It was marked Roads Policing Unit, agus as gaeilge freisin, which I thought was a bit strange, because is that not a pretty new invention? Weren’t the older cars Traffic Corps?

Did they rebrand the older cars too?

• Advertisement

It was marked Roads Policing Unit, agus as gaeilge freisin, which I thought was a bit strange, because is that not a pretty new invention? Weren’t the older cars Traffic Corps?

They did indeed....

i30s and 4x4s they have etc etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Yeah, and they cancelled a motorbike order to pay for it.......:confused:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/garda-motorcycles-purchase-abandoned-in-favour-of-rebranding-1.3525822

Everything was rebranded. I think I've pics in the gallery of the 07 Land Cruiser, the 12 Focus and 141 Insignia.

I don't think the Galaxy's were ever marked as FCI.

An aul beaut that Mondeo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Saw an ARU X5 today, with blues on. I was on the bridge in Drumcondra and could see it up past St Pat's college, around the Cat and Cage pub. Couldn't hear any siren until it was pretty much on the bridge.

Saw an ARU X5 today, with blues on. I was on the bridge in Drumcondra and could see it up past St Pat's college, around the Cat and Cage pub. Couldn't hear any siren until it was pretty much on the bridge.

Yes that's the siren.... Can't hear it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭roadmaster

carzony wrote: »
    An aul beaut that Mondeo.

They would be better keeping that mondeo on the road than preserved. One of the best cars Ford made

roadmaster wrote: »
    They would be better keeping that mondeo on the road than preserved. One of the best cars Ford made

They are missed. Big time!

They're starting to show their age now though....
    Brilliant drivers car but the tech has changed so much.
    I'm very surprised with police forces across the world going away from such saloons, hatch or estate for suv which to be honest aren't designed for high speed or cornering.

How are the Tucson fairing out? Seen a few at speed on straights.
    See a good few Kona now too but only in stations or in traffic, none on a call yet.

• Advertisement

They're starting to show their age now though....
    Brilliant drivers car but the tech has changed so much.
    I'm very surprised with police forces across the world going away from such saloons, hatch or estate for suv which to be honest aren't designed for high speed or cornering.

How are the Tucson fairing out? Seen a few at speed on straights.
    See a good few Kona now too but only in stations or in traffic, none on a call yet.

On the regular they are very rolly they very different than i40

1.6 is small for police work

Don’t get me started on changing the fuel provider from circle k going be a lot of fuel issues in ags fleet now

Advertisement