Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Getting a small tax refund and treating myself to a bottle of Lambay Whiskey out of the money :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭blade1

2 weeks holidays.
    Not that I'll be doing much.
    These are the first of my 2020 holidays that I didn't get to take and there's still another 12 days coming to me.

mikemac2 wrote: »
    My 17 year beloved car developed rust under the wheel arches and corners of the doors. Is entirely normal I guess.

But I cannot pay hundreds to get a professional to fix this. But fix it I must as once rust starts it doesn't stop

Through youtube I learned about sanding, rust convertor chemicals, zink spray, primer, paint and lacquer. In total cost about 50 euro. I got the best rated products from amazon and most were German.

Now complete and ok we are not talking silky smooth professional paint job here but I am more than happy at results

TH´d when DIY jobs go right!

:D
    faa94217fe0378c13284014ad9eaf073.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Night owl gal

Being kind/thoughtful, a few weeks ago I found a hat while outside, I picked it up and brought it home. I thought maybe someone might be looking for it so I put it on Facebook (shared to a few groups). Sadly I haven't found its owner, but it's the thought that counts :)

Posters on this site, that give me hope, that an issue/problem can be overcome:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭External Association

WhatsApp videos from my nephew and niece, 7 and 9 respectively. Their 'concerts'!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I'm a townie but I've been living on a farm for the past 2 and a half years. Tonight, a little calf was born. My Fiance went out half an hour to check on him and he was gone! So off we all went to look for him and he was found half way down the farmyard!!! He was carried back and we were all looking at him with his mammy and he escapes again!!!! Well it's the best laugh I've had in a long time. Cute little escapee!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,275 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

KatW4 wrote: »
    I'm a townie but I've been living on a farm for the past 2 and a half years. Tonight, a little calf was born. My Fiance went out half an hour to check on him and he was gone! So off we all went to look for him and he was found half way down the farmyard!!! He was carried back and we were all looking at him with his mammy and he escapes again!!!! Well it's the best laugh I've had in a long time. Cute little escapee!
    'Absconded' was the word Rte used for the three who left the mandatory quarantine hotel.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

'Absconded' was the word Rte used for the three who left the mandatory quarantine hotel.

Hahaha absconded is exactly what he did! All day he's been at the gates figuring out how to get out. So funny for a newborn calf!! Full of adventure :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Listening to Tantum Ergo earlier on these evening on YouTube

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

New wheels day for my car :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

There's really good tunes on Other Voices. It might not be to other's taste but it's got a good melody

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭4Ad

There's really good tunes on Other Voices. It might not be to other's taste but it's got a good melody

Missing it..agh
    Who is/was on ??

4Ad wrote: »
    Missing it..agh
    Who is/was on ??

Don't know his name. He's a Dublin rapper with girls singing as well. I thought he was cool. You'd get it on RtE Player I'd say. I know it's crap that site but worth a shot.

I saw Peter Broderick..he was enjoyable..

I had forgotten I had put on the electric picnic blanket..
    Bed is lovely and warm !

I saw Peter Broderick..he was enjoyable..

I had forgotten I had put on the electric picnic blanket..
    Bed is lovely and warm !

I missed him but looked him up. Very chilled out music from him. Nice voice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Finding Granby burgers in Dunnes.

It's such a beautiful day. Love Spring time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Those raising the feminists were protesting at the Abbey for more diversity. Then they're complaining when there's too much diversity i.e. not enough Irish working there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Got to drive my car in 6th gear for the first time since December.

Got to drive my car in 6th gear for the first time since December.

Now that's something worth celebrating!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I saw a rabbit this morning, on Easter Sunday. Therefore I can legitimately say that i saw an Easter Bunny :)
    To celebrate, cute bunnies for all...
    83858.jpg
    bunny-photos.jpg?w=1024
    unsplash-sandy-millar-cute-bunny-rabbit-floppy-ears.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Ordered myself a beard grooming kit and beard straightener off Amazon on Friday. Got here today! Just in time. I'm with my fiancée 9 years today and we're gonna go to the mother in law's for dinner.

So happy today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭Archeron

I saw a rabbit this morning, on Easter Sunday. Therefore I can legitimately say that i saw an Easter Bunny :)
    To celebrate, cute bunnies for all...]

Bunny number one, cute as a button.
    Bunny number two, fuzzy adorableness.
    Bunny number three, has killed people, and possibly eaten their flesh, psychotic at best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Archeron wrote: »
    Bunny number three, has killed people, and possibly eaten their flesh, psychotic at best.

the ear is the real giveaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭badabing106

The sight of my toned arms as I accidentally glance at them walking past a mirror

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Archeron wrote: »

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,018 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Finding an old ‘Double Dip’ at the back of the press and finding that it’s still within date.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Daragh1980

Finding an old ‘Double Dip’ at the back of the press and finding that it’s still within date.

Imagine if the sherbet turned out to be smegma! What would you do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,018 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Daragh1980 wrote: »
    Imagine if the sherbet turned out to be smegma! What would you do?

I’d be straight over to the ‘Trivially Annoyed’ thread to vent my disgust and dismay...along with my trivial annoyance.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,902 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Finding the TV remote (10 minute panic over)

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

I started plucking my eyebrows at 13 when pencil thin brows were all the rage. No matter what, I can't grow them back.
    Yesterday, I finally found an eyebrow dye that really makes them look fuller.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I spend a lot of time in work on the phone and so get put on hold a lot also

There is one particular company and their hold music is rocking ! :cool:

They change it up regularly and I discover new tunes. I listen to the lyrics and google them to find the artist

It is an absolute pleasure to be put on hold with this company. Irish Revenue Commissioners should learn from this company

This short by Pixar. I love the message of it. Beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Parents getting vaccine Wednesday, which means we don't have to be terrified of passing covid to them all the time!

Antares35 wrote: »
    Parents getting vaccine Wednesday, which means we don't have to be terrified of passing covid to them all the time!

It is such a relief for them and ye..
    My Da( almost 83) is getting second jab tomorrow..he's showered already...

• Advertisement

I see Lucy Verasamy is doing a food program on Channel 4..cute as hell...

It is such a relief for them and ye..
    My Da( almost 83) is getting second jab tomorrow..he's showered already...

Ah :) best of luck to him tomorrow. I forgot about the second one actually, feck :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,153 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

A nice neighbour who out of the blue put two portions of delicious apple crumble at my porch .

This is extremely trivial but I didn't bother washing my car for ages. I got two guys to wash it today but it took them ages.
    He told me it was in a bad state. I gave him twice the price of the wash I felt so bad.
    But now it is shiny and spotless. They did a great job, one of them looked a bit like Usher as well :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Not everyone will get this BUT praise the lord for the paid memory in Cite this right for me!!!

Got me out of a lottttttttttttttttttt of trouble today.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Rachael Blackmore's huge smile made me more than trivially happy today.
    Her historic win gave us all a break from Covid for a little while, and during that short period of time it was like life was normal again.
    Well done Rachael.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Kivaro wrote: »
    Rachael Blackmore's huge smile made me more than trivially happy today.
    Her historic win gave us all a break from Covid for a little while, and during that short period of time it was like life was normal again.
    Well done Rachael.

History has been made :) I couldn’t be more prouder of her and what she has achieved :) Won myself some money too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Autosport wrote: »
    History has been made :) I couldn’t be more prouder of her and what she has achieved :) Won myself some money too :)

Well done.
    I'd say that the Bookies got hammered today. :D

This is extremely trivial but I didn't bother washing my car for ages. I got two guys to wash it today but it took them ages.
    He told me it was in a bad state. I gave him twice the price of the wash I felt so bad.
    But now it is shiny and spotless. They did a great job, one of them looked a bit like Usher as well :)

Watch out for them b*stard crows.
    I'd swear they wait until I wash my car to then shīte all over it.
    I'm a fool then, I throws them out food every day! :(

blade1 wrote: »
    Watch out for them b*stard crows.
    I'd swear they wait until I wash my car to then shīte all over.
    I'm a fool then, :( I throws them out food every day!

I think my neighbour puts bird feed in the garden. They better not relieve themselves on my motor

That water wipes are now biodegradable but also a better wipe too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I was laying the fire one day last week when suddenly something stroked my cheek so gently.

Jacob -cat was sitting on the chair by the fireplace and had reached out to stroke me with such a look of sheer adoration on his furry face! These critters give us so much love!

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Night owl gal

quite trivial this, but the en suite toilet in my folk's house was broken for months, but they fixed it yesterday, thank god :D

Saw my first Swallow today.

Graces7 wrote: »
    I was laying the fire one day last week when suddenly something stroked my cheek so gently.

Jacob -cat was sitting on the chair by the fireplace and had reached out to stroke me with such a look of sheer adoration on his furry face! These critters give us so much love!

What a beauty :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement