Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Autumn 2019 - General Discussion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Steady normal warm rain now in Arklow
    Doesn't look like it's going to do much
    Nearly forgot what it was!

Currently 19c

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

showers avoiding me all afternoon, some sun at times and rather warm, currently 19C after reaching 20C earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The rain has arrived in Castlebar after a overcast but mild start to the day, we had a lovely 4 day spell though up to today so it is not all bad.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

all I can hear is the sound of lawnmowers, strimmers and clippers throughout the area, everyone rushing to get the gardening done before the rain.

temperatures today across Europe really beginning to show the approach of mid Autumn. Aside from France and Southern half of UK, everywhere else has cooled down significantly, including many parts of Spain. Northern Scandinavia into eastern Europe and Russia also cooling down quickly. Will be interesting to see how much northern Europe cools down this week with much cooler weather on the way for much of north-western Europe.

temp_eur2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Heavy thundery downpour just now and currently ongoing in cork city, heaviest of the day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Heavy thundery downpour just now and currently ongoing in cork city, heaviest of the day.

Yep same here at present. The recent fine spell of weather already seems like a fading memory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭highdef

Is there much thunder or just the odd rumble?

Very wet in Arklow now also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

highdef wrote: »
    Is there much thunder or just the odd rumble?

I didn’t hear any thunder in the city & there’s no strikes showing

No thunder just thundery downpours! Still going and has just gotten heavier!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,227 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

No thunder just thundery downpours! Still going and has just gotten heavier!

Thundery downpours are downpours with thunder. So they're not thundery downpours then?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Thinking a Yellow warning might have been warranted for all this rain.
    Must be spot flooding in places?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Sitting in the car in town and it’s absolutely bucketing, a lot of surface water about too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,338 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Rotten weather in cork city atm. Shocking.

• Advertisement

Ok I don’t think I can actually get out of the car! It’s so bad

leahyl wrote: »
    Ok I don’t think I can actually get out of the car! It’s so bad
    Its biblical stuff in cork city. Was there a rain warning that I missed ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Not that I know of, they said heavy rain but didn’t think it would be like this!!

Surely there’ll be flooding if this keeps up

leahyl wrote: »
    Itssoeasy wrote: »

Not that I know of, they said heavy rain but didn’t think it would be like this!!

Surely there’ll be flooding if this keeps up
    Well It's heavy alright. Will you need a boat or some kind if it continues.

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Thundery downpours are downpours with thunder. So they're not thundery downpours then?

Oh my bad sorry, I thought they meant the really heavy rain associated with thunder storms

• Advertisement

The September dry spell has come to an end. Heavy rain now bucketing down here in Dunshaughlin and for me today marked the end of any summer style weather and the transition into proper Autumn/Winter, so the shorts and t-shirts are put away for another year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Gonzo wrote: »
    The September dry spell has come to an end. Heavy rain now bucketing down here in Dunshaughlin and for me today marked the end of any summer style weather and the transition into proper Autumn/Winter, so the shorts and t-shirts are put away for another year.

We can very often get pleasantly warm sunny weather right up to mid October(we did last year as far as I remember) so it may not be time to put them away just yet. Granted it doesn't look too promising for the next few weeks.

We can very often get pleasantly warm weather right up to mid October(we did last year as far as I remember) so it may not be time to put them away just yet. Granted it doesn't look too promising for the next few weeks.

True we can get nice sunny days in October or any winter month, but the temperature levels we had over past few days won't be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Was in Drogheda all day and expected to find a lot of rain here when i got home, didnt get much at all, 2mm recorded, bucketing down now though

Meath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Knine wrote: »
    The rain on the M9 was the worst I have ever seen & still people driving with no lights :eek:

Eejits. Irish windscreen wipers have three speeds. Light, heavy and Irish...

Listening to drums on the roof just now and the garden is well watered.. No one has ever explained why the ocean does not overflow.

Gonzo wrote: »
    all I can hear is the sound of lawnmowers, strimmers and clippers throughout the area, everyone rushing to get the gardening done before the rain.

It has been tractors all day here! same idea..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,666 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

We can very often get pleasantly warm sunny weather right up to mid October(we did last year as far as I remember) so it may not be time to put them away just yet. Granted it doesn't look too promising for the next few weeks.
    Sligo Airport got up to 22c on 10 October last year but such days are very uncommon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Badly needed drop of rain in athenry
    The drought that was feared after a few sunny days in February has been averted thank god

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Not all that much rain here, although seems a lot after the previous few dry days. 1.4mm recorded and a high temperature of 20.1C.

• Advertisement

Very , utterly still and very utterly dark. Heavy rain in the night and the moon is shrouded in mist, a vague shape far, far away... as soon as there is a glimmer of light I will go for my daily wander along one of the lanes and see what is to see, or not as low clouds shroud and hide mountains.

Such deep, deep silence.

west mayo offshore

Heavy rain all night here in Meath and more on the way, as Gonzo said, it might be time to put the shorts away, but as i always wear them inside the house, i'll give them another few days outside yet anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Heavy rain all night here in Meath and more on the way, as Gonzo said, it might be time to put the shorts away, but as i always wear them inside the house, i'll give them another few days outside yet anyway

Awoken with the noise of it now. Good decision to cut the grass yesterday

Happy4all wrote: »
    Awoken with the noise of it now. Good decision to cut the grass yesterday

Didnt get a chance to cut the grass myself, been to busy over the last few days, its not to long but this rain will make it harder to cut now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Didnt get a chance to cut the grass myself, been to busy over the last few days, its not to long but this rain will make it harder to cut now

Let's see if the rain in Japan can match it for the rugby

Biggest rain in Arklow in months
    Just gone over 20mm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,219 ✭✭✭pad199207

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Biggest rain in Arklow in months
    Just gone over 20mm

Same as in Kildare 19mm

Looks like around 40mm of rain here since 10pm last night and still falling, i'll have to check it cos its still bucketing down and im not going out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭snowgal

Looks like around 40mm of rain here since 10pm last night and still falling, i'll have to check it cos its still bucketing down and im not going out

Yea it’s heavy rain all night in Meath... I always judge by my cats bowl! And it was fully overflowing this morning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Back to the usual weather again...I think i might go out protesting to bring climate change to ireland we could do with it...

I was woken up with the sound of torrential rain last night and couldn't sleep for an hour afterwards. Pools of water all over the driveway and along the road.

I said yesterday some places could get 50-100mm of rain over the next week, following last night's rainfall that total may now seem rather short sighted with 20-40mm already in many areas from last night alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Lovely day in Cork. Bit of a cool breeze at times but sunny and warm in sheltered areas.

There has been only 7.4mm rain recorded here since midnight. The current temperature which is the day's high is 16.2C. Last night was quite mild with 14.6C.

A wild wind full of energy; wondering if the humidity levels have fallen with this wind as it feels different.

Also very mild; not an ounce of malice in the wind as it tries to blow you over.

No mountains. Just clouds of all kinds and colours. But feels good out there. Been tidying my neglected garden even.

It has all changed this last few days. Autumn in its glory. Not that we have autumn colour here. When I first came to Ireland it was after a decade on a similarly storm tossed treeless island in the North Sea and my first autumn was totally magical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,219 ✭✭✭pad199207

Mild and sultry in Kildare. 20mm of rain today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭RedPeppers

Just under 4mm since late yesterday evening in N Galway. Lovely sunny day here no sign of rain for now

Sun just came out here. It's 17.0C

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Sun is out in Dublin 16. Humid and feeling warm. 18.8c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭dublincelt

Monsoon conditions in Carlow Town!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,989 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Some amount of rain this morning in N.Donegal.

Thankfully its dried up now, and bright.

• Advertisement
Advertisement