Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From a Christmas Pudding to a Christmas Cracker - Weight Loss Motivation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

DvB wrote: »
    Down nearly 6lbs, thats not to be sniffed at. All I've managed in that time is to maintain the 7lb increase I had post christmas, so going well there prof.

Yeah I’m happy enough. I’ve wiped out the post January/bad weather/Covid blues blip. Next mini target is the Crimbo splurge

Segotias wrote: »
    I've been putting this in and out of my basket on Amazon, please let me know what you think of it

This arrived today and I really like it. Loads of data points to motivate you to cop yourself on or stay on track. My body fat % is one of them but the fact that they’re saying my body is 6 years older than I am is one I’d also like to reduce. Along with my weight of course :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Had a weekend away (staycation) and ate and drank like a fiend. I having a colonoscopy tomorrow and I have been given meds to clear me out then I have to fast. It would be the ultimate cheat to weigh in tomorrow morning though I am sure it would still shock me.

I need to get back in to watching what I eat. I am very run down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Jude13 wrote: »
    Had a weekend away (staycation) and ate and drank like a fiend. I having a colonoscopy tomorrow and I have been given meds to clear me out then I have to fast. It would be the ultimate cheat to weigh in tomorrow morning though I am sure it would still shock me.

I need to get back in to watching what I eat. I am very run down.

Hope it went ok Jude, those meds are awful...worse than the colonoscopy itself imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Started by new fitness plan on Saturday which started with two rest days (yay!)
    Had the first workout yesterday and nearly died. (not so good).
    First check isn't until next week and it's on Thursdays, which measna changing my weigh in and measurement days which is a bit awkward, but it'll be grand I'm sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Was 1.5lb down on Friday but I had some amount of food and drink over the weekend so dreading this Friday!

L'prof wrote: »
    Month 1: -1.8lbs
    Week 5: -0.8lbs
    Week 6: -3.2lbs

Up 1lb this week. I’m not gonna beat myself up over it because it was Easter and a bank holiday so I didn’t deprive myself over the weekend

Week 7: +1lb

kitten_k wrote: »
    Was 1.5lb down on Friday but I had some amount of food and drink over the weekend so dreading this Friday!

My bad eating continued all week so was very surprised to only be 1lb up!

Food intake has been crazy. I had my procedures last week and turns out I have a stomach ulcer so on a load of meds for that.

I had a weigh in last week and it was terrifyingly heavy. Need to knock it on the head though stress eating is my thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,140 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Don't beat yourself up too much Jude, sounds like you've a lot going on at the moment.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Don't beat yourself up too much Jude, sounds like you've a lot going on at the moment.

Exactly. Also you have done it before (loss weight) so you know you can do it again when the time is right:

Cheers all, the doc said it was brought on by stress, work politics is mental at the moment but I really don't feel like I am stressed. However my OH says my snacking is out of control and that's a sure sign, oh and the fact that I have an ulcer.

Anyway, 10 days of antibiotics and then a load of other stuff to repair my gut.

Hope everyone else is smashing it. Great stuff L'prof!

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Cheers all, the doc said it was brought on by stress, work politics is mental at the moment but I really don't feel like I am stressed. However my OH says my snacking is out of control and that's a sure sign, oh and the fact that I have an ulcer.

Get well soon Jude :)

Best of luck with all that man. Even with your setbacks you’re still much closer to your ideal weight than I am to mine. I’m afraid of the scales this week. Eating hasn’t been the best. 2 days left to steady the ship :p

Week 7: +1lb

Down 1.2 today. After putting on some last week I’d usually be disappointed with a small loss the following week but I’ve started tracking a weekly target of 0.6lbs in my spreadsheet. Target to date is -4.2 and I’m at -6.0 so happy days

I think I made a mess of my spreadsheet so that’s why the numbers below are slightly off. Should be consistent going forward. Total is the same anyway

Month 1: -2.6lbs
    Week 5: -3.2lbs
    Week 6: +1lb
    Week 7: -1.2lbs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

100km in June for breast cancer might be of interest to some people walk/cycle/scooter I have a 6 week old newborn baby so I think I will give it a go it will do us both good to get out in the fresh air each day

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

SarahLil wrote: »
    100km in June for breast cancer might be of interest to some people walk/cycle/scooter I have a 6 week old newborn baby so I think I will give it a go it will do us both good to get out in the fresh air each day

I've signed up to the Mater Foundation 10,000 steps a day challenge for May, i need to get my arse in check and I've raised €200 so far so I'm delighted with that :)

Up half a pound this week, no idea why! Hopefully back on track next week.

@lough (and anyone else fundraising) - if you feel comfortable with it stick up a link and you might get some sponsors here

• Registered Users Posts: 10,140 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Up 2 lbs... but I've decided dad bod is the new ripped so don't care anymore....
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Im with you Dvb. booze and take aways to beat the band.

• Advertisement

Up 2 lbs... but I've decided dad bod is the new ripped so don't care anymore....
    Im with you Dvb. booze and take aways to beat the band.

Embrace it lads, may have over indulged myself. Just woke up on the couch :eek: Gonna try to hit the hay for a couple of hours now. I won’t get away with any more than that :(:pac:

Slightly up this week. I always take a sneak peak on Monday to see what damage I did over the weekend. I didn’t think I was that bad this weekend but I got a fright when I jumped on the scales. +0.6 is actually a good week in comparison :p I’m fed up of the one step forward, one step back that I’m seeing right now so I think for the next couple of weekends I’ll try to be fairly strict. Maybe cut out the few drinks I’ve been having for a start

My brother got engaged and they’ve set a date for next August. That should be decent motivation for me. From when I started this to then is 76 weeks I think. With a goal of 0.6lbs a week that would be 3.25 stone lost. Sounds like a huge amount now but the weekly losses are very achievable and I’m still on track even though I’ve stuttered a few times already

Week 8: +0.6lbs

Keep it up pal!!

Joining back in here if it's ok....have a stone on me that I really don't need :( Story of my life...anyone else feel like they are permanently saying "I just need to lose a stone" :o

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Joining back in here if it's ok....have a stone on me that I really don't need :( Story of my life...anyone else feel like they are permanently saying "I just need to lose a stone" :o

I think I’m always saying I need to lose a few :D I know what you mean though, it can be so hard to find the motivation to do anything about it. We all know we need to eat less and exercise more but it’s still very hard to get on top of. I can be super motivated one day and the next all I want to do is sit on the couch and stuff my face. I find this thread great. Really nice, encouraging people

This is it, I can be super motivated and not so much as a biscuit will pass my lips but on the other hand, I could just keep going on the rubbish! I'm back on it though and feeling motivated so going with it! :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CheerLouth wrote: »

I'd give anything to say I just need to lose a stone haha, I a stone and a few of his cousins to get rid off... they keep hanging around haha

Lovely weather tho lately so much easier to get out in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Loughc wrote: »
    Lovely weather tho lately so much easier to get out in it.

Sure has, have been taking advantage and getting out for lots of walks lately especially during the week so can walk at an adult pace :)

TRS30 wrote: »
    Sure has, have been taking advantage and getting out for lots of walks lately especially during the week so can walk at an adult pace :)

Same, one of the best parts of being back to work is getting out for my lunchtime walk and get to walk at a brisk(ish) pace! That said, I'm looking forward to collecting the kids tonight and hopefully, getting down to the beach for a play :)

• Advertisement

Weighed myself this morning and down 4.5lbs - delighted :D Most of it was probably water considering we had a birthday in the house during the week and my rhubarb was looking delicious this weekend so I pulled a few stalks and made a rhubarb and custard cake (drool). I also started a new crochet project this week which I'm loving and also keeps my hands busy - busy hands...no time for mindlessly scoffing biscuits in the evening :pac:

Advertisement