Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Loughc wrote: »
    I think they don't like him cause he's a smug prick.

He once used the line in an Odeon Cinema, "Do you not know who I am" when they charged him for popcorn and nachos.

Hopefully the response went along the lines of

"yeah I know who you are, and I wouldn't even let you cook the fúcking popcorn here.

*spits in popcorn* .

Now that'll be 25 euros, you little freak"

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,985 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The answer actually was, "I have no idea who you are that will be...."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

He once used the line in an Odeon Cinema, "Do you not know who I am" when they charged him for popcorn and nachos.

If you were a former profesisonal footballer/boy band member/millionaire/women hanging off you then yeah you would be a bit smug also.

Prob has a massive cock too.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,985 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

If you were a former profesisonal footballer/boy band member/millionaire/women hanging off you then yeah you would be a bit smug also.

Prob has a massive cock too.
    screamer wrote: »
    Donal Skehan, he’s just everywhere again now that he came back to Ireland, and that hair, he looks like Jack Frost off the Santa Claus 3, or a grey haired snap crackle and pop....
    People don’t like a dude because he went grey in his 30’s?

Tough crowd.

I'm on about Donal Skehan... not Nicky the Micky Byrne

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Elwood_Blues

Claudia Winkleman.. Just want to shave that head.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

He was in the youth squad at Leeds U circa 96/97. I am open to correction but I am pretty sure he was left go and never made it to the senior squad and certainly never played a game in PL. Think he may a have an FA Cup youth medal. He is 5'9 FFS.

He’s the Dino Zoff of Ireland to hear him talk!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Or cut that fringe

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Another wan who thinks she's far funnier than she actually is. Like Sarah Millican, Mrs. Brian O'Driscoll, any Irish female comedian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,063 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

People don’t like a dude because he went grey in his 30’s?

Tough crowd.

It's 100% died

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Quazzie wrote: »
    It's 100% died

He’s dead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,063 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

He’s dead?

All hair is technically dead, so yes. His hair is dead....

... and also dyed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Was he expecting to get it for free?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

keano_afc wrote: »
    Another wan who thinks she's far funnier than she actually is. Like Sarah Millican, Mrs. Brian O'Driscoll, any Irish female comedian.

God I cannot stand Sarah Millican.

"No, Sarah. Cramming as much foul language and toilet humour into a sentence and as loudly as possible does not make you funny."

Was he expecting to get it for free?

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

Pascal Sheehy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Pascal Sheehy

Too much of an irrelevant non-entity to bother about

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Nadiya the baker.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Elton John,no reason needed.

dubstarr wrote: »
    Elton John,no reason needed.
    You rude, vile pig :mad:
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

You rude, vile pig :mad:
    :pac:

😥

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭monstermag

I'm sure he's been mentioned before but Blindboy boatclub grinds my gears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Nadiya the baker.

I like her, but her voice is a bit much for a half-hour TV show. Much less the double-bill her series ended in.

Pascal Sheehy

Falls more for me more into the category of "has turned into his own Callan's Kicks character".

keano_afc wrote: »

Really we should just split this trope out into a WOMEN JUST AREN'T FUNNY FACT thread, save a tremendous amount of space here (and vice versa).

(Apparently time-indexes don't work in YT code here, oops: https://youtu.be/h1xxC_Rr__U?t=48)

screamer wrote: »
    Donal Skehan, he’s just everywhere again now that he came back to Ireland, and that hair, he looks like Jack Frost off the Santa Claus 3, or a grey haired snap crackle and pop....

Very explicable. The wonder would be that he's on the telly at all, except you can just imagine the gears whirring in some commissioning editorbot in Montrose... Howth, youtuber, boyband, Hello!, some vague sort sleb cooking content, it's the law we have to have this on.

spookwoman wrote: »
    Aisling Bea - about as funny as a steaming turd, they keep rolling her out onto QI.

Her TV dramedy thing was amazingly good, but her panel show turns are more cringe than anything else, yeah.

alaimacerc wrote: »
    Really we should just split this trope out into a WOMEN JUST AREN'T FUNNY FACT thread, save a tremendous amount of space here (and vice versa).

(Apparently time-indexes don't work in YT code here, oops: https://youtu.be/h1xxC_Rr__U?t=48)

Rachel Riley, don't know how she is still on with what she had come out with

The english astronomer who looks like a little elf boy.

Brian Cox he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭cms88

monstermag wrote: »
    I'm sure he's been mentioned before but Blindboy boatclub grinds my gears.

Whateve happened to the other one of them?

Her TV dramedy thing was amazingly good, but her panel show turns are more cringe than anything else, yeah.
    She seems to be a bit of an attention seeker on the panel shows. Hogs the spotlight too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Yeah, 100%! Her hair has been in her eyes for so long now that even when she trims the fringe she still has a strained, squinty look out of habit. Herself and Tess Daly are horrific presenters of Strictly. Tess is one of the best looking women I've ever seen but has the personality of a wet sock.

I don't get this, why would he assume it's free? Was this overseen/heard by someone you know? I thought they all get "gifted" things like vouched and complimentary cards too even back before the Instagram #ad (very rarely used now).

I think panel shows, in the long run will ruin stand up of routines for alot of these comedians. It's why alot of them move into acting asap. Panel shows are effectively scripted anyway with a little bit of leeway for ad libbing.
    During the Edinburgh Fringe for the last few years one of the most common things I heard said about shows were "I thought he/she would be funnier though, based on 8 Out of 10 Cats / Would I Lie to You etc".

As a Liverpool fan, I never thought I'd add a club legend to this list but ... Jamie Carragher.
    He's treading a fine line at the moment with "banter" and all that nonsense but I think he'll overstep it some day and get booted to TalkSport radio before we know it. His latest attempt at "banter" by trying to get the Wolves captain (Coady, excited about a potential transfer to Liverpool) live on air was incredibly unprofessional and disrespectful to Wolves and Coady himself, who handled himself very well in responding.

• Site Banned Posts: 16 Nykay

Barbara Scully. She's on Newstalk every now and then. If someone says something she disagrees with she's likely to say "I could smack you". There was something on the show before about relationships, and someone texted in with a question regarding their single dad dating again. The host suggested to the texter to leave their dad do his thing and find his feet. Barbara had a massive problem with it, and believed the father should restrict his movements to online dating at the risk of offending a woman he made advances on. The host had to appease Barbara and basically pretend to agree with her!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,501 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

She seems to be a bit of an attention seeker on the panel shows. Hogs the spotlight too much.

Very good looking. But yeah I think she has ADHD or something. I even saw her on Richard Osman's House of Games this week, and she just had to be loud on occasion just for the sake of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,817 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The Green Minister for Children Roderic O’Gorman. There’s just something about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,170 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

cms88 wrote: »

Movie special effects artist

Ciara Kelly on Newstalk..... Screechy pain in the hole...... Try to be some sort of lefty loon half the time whilst b1tching about one if her sprogs getting 7th CAO choice as the posh schools were fncked over.

Also trys her hand at the insta pouty shots 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

cms88 wrote: »

He really keeps a low profile, they're still performing together as the Rubberbandits apparently.

Augeo wrote: »
    Ciara Kelly on Newstalk..... Screechy pain in the hole...... Try to be some sort of lefty loon half the time whilst b1tching about one if her sprogs getting 7th CAO choice as the posh schools were fncked over.

Smarmy smug shots more like it. Funny when she put up some picture of herself in a bikini, everyone copped the waistline photoshop job on it. Yep Ciara as a doc you should know everyone has a bellybutton. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,731 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Movie special effects artist

Who cares....

• Advertisement

Very good looking. But yeah I think she has ADHD or something. I even saw her on Richard Osman's House of Games this week, and she just had to be loud on occasion just for the sake of it.
    That is more of a laid back show too. You would stick out like a sore thumb if you were being loud and wacky on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,170 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Who cares....

The guy that asked?
    Bendar

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

I don’t know a name but if anyone watches the ads before some programmes for an over 50s dating site - there’s a chat with a beard that just creeps me the f**k out!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,731 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

The guy that asked?
    Bendar

Oh.... ok sorry Ash....didn’t realise.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Trans Ann

Omackeral wrote: »
    Is there anyone out there that you just don't like and you just can't explain it? Someone who you just can't stand but they've never really done anything to make you feel that way.

For example, I have an irrational dislike of Emma Watson. I've never really seen any of her films or interviews but if I look something up and she's in it, I'm subconsciously voting against it. When she showed up in This Is The End I sighed and I'm not quite sure why. Can't explain it. Feel similarly towards Anne Hathaway.

Who's yours?

The guy I work with...he's in his 60s and goes on like a child. Always story topping and obsessed with status and qualifications ...he's threatened by anyone in a better role or say the likes of doctors etc he's a lazy prick and comments on everything...I can't wait to leave and I'm only there a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Augeo wrote: »

And she's a woman and she's a woman because she's a woman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Gay Byrne and Joe Dolan are dead and we still have to listen about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Gay Byrne.

On a similar vein - Kathleen Watkins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Fintan O'Toole - columnist of Irish Times
    Just a painfully obvious person writing painfully obvious columns.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Johnny Depp.

Nykay wrote: »
    Barbara Scully. She's on Newstalk every now and then. If someone says something she disagrees with she's likely to say "I could smack you". There was something on the show before about relationships, and someone texted in with a question regarding their single dad dating again. The host suggested to the texter to leave their dad do his thing and find his feet. Barbara had a massive problem with it, and believed the father should restrict his movements to online dating at the risk of offending a woman he made advances on. The host had to appease Barbara and basically pretend to agree with her!

That'd be the "guide to being an adult" (or something like that) slot on Moncrieff. The format does rather depend on the two guests having absurdly strong opinions on a delicate subject they have one (often piss-poorly written) short email on, and having a rather histrionic and allededly hilarious tiff about it.

That show has quite the rogue's gallery of guests. Quite a few of the one-offs are... strange. And even some of the regulars! When I first started listening, he'd Paolo Tullio on every week. Random thoughts on food and hard-right politics! ... 'k.

And to this day he has Mairead Lavery on. And. She. Is. awful. Obvs there's the 'farmer's poor mouth' stuff, but that's expected, so we'll price that in. She sometimes just pitches up and has absolutely no topic prepared, and just rambles on disjointedly. (Who does she think she is -- Ray D'Arcy?!) And of course, she has the usual pig-ignorant views on the environment. Once SM had on a fascinating item on about intelligence and tool use in the corvid family. She's on next, and comes right out with, "Dirty birds, I'd shoot them all."

• Advertisement
Advertisement