Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simple things you struggle with

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Can't whistle.
    For example It takes me ages to open bin liners. Just this morning it must have taken me at least 15 minutes to manage to open a black bag when changing the rubbish. It feels like I've no grip on my fingers, I can't click my fingers so I've generally put my inability to perform a simple task down to this but it can be quite embarrassing when asking people in work to open up a bag for me.

Do you not use the old lickety-spit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Pcgamer wrote: »
    Premature ejaculation. I'm not male.

You poor thing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

o1s1n wrote: »
    Changing the ****ing duvet cover!

Many years ago I worked as an accommodation assistant in a 5 star hotel. Here's how I was taught to do it quickly: when you take off your duvet cover take it off so it's inside out. Leave it that way and launder it. When it's freshly laundered put your hands inside the duvet and grab the two top corners: right hand on top right corner, left hand on top left.

Now with your hands still holding the corners grab the two corresponding corners of your duvet and flip the duvet cover over the duvet still holding the corners. Shake it down and your cover is right side on. Button or tie the ends. Done.

I also found it fastest to start by picking the duvet up from the ground, then when it's covered keep holding the corners and throw the buttoned end of the duvet half way up the bed and throw the top end of the duvet where it should be at the top, then pull the lower half down so it all lays flat and finished...if you can follow that.

You can do it in less that 30 seconds if you do it often enough.

This explains the main part anyway:

Remembering birthdays. Useless at it.

Small talk. Thankfully my partner hates small talk too-common where he's from, so we see eye to eye on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

Greentopia wrote: »
    Many years ago I worked as an accommodation assistant in a 5 star hotel. Here's how I was taught to do it quickly: when you take off your duvet cover take it off so it's inside out. Leave it that way and launder it. When it's freshly laundered put your hands inside the duvet and grab the two top corners: right hand on top right corner, left hand on top left.

Now with your hands still holding the corners grab the two corresponding corners of your duvet and flip the duvet cover over the duvet still holding the corners. Shake it down and your cover is right side on. Button or tie the ends. Done.

I also found it fastest to start by picking the duvet up from the ground, then when it's covered keep holding the corners and throw the buttoned end of the duvet half way up the bed and throw the top end of the duvet where it should be at the top, then pull the lower half down so it all lays flat and finished...if you can follow that.

You can do it in less that 30 seconds if you do it often enough.

This explains the main part anyway:

1.30 in for the actual duvet change!

Doesn't everyone do it this way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Directions, genuinely once got lost three miles from my home place, the home place that I lived in for 20+ years.. my mother had to tell me to pull over and sent some old farmer up the road after me... I get lost with a friggen Sat nav on... the soundtrack to every trip I take is ‘recalculating route’

km991148 wrote: »
    1.30 in for the actual duvet change!

Doesn't everyone do it this way?

Apparently not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I put the duvet on the floor and stretch out the cover on the bed. I then push the duvet into the corners and drag the cover up hitting the corners at the top. Flatten it out and button it up. Simples. I didn't watch the video but it's the same way I'd imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Wesekn.

Car dashboards, never really got the hang of them

Weather forecasts, all I understand is frost and rain

• Registered Users Posts: 24,872 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Pcgamer wrote: »
    Premature ejaculation. I'm not male.

You need more practice.

Piano, I need more practice too.

• Advertisement

Making a tie for the life of me I can’t do it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Making a tie for the life of me I can’t do it

We had to wear them in school, that is how I learned. The elastic ones used to sag and looked awful so I got a real one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I can't whistle for the life of me.
    I also have this really awkward way of holding a fork, I grasp the handle as if I'm holding a stick. It's the only way I can use it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Big walls, I've just never been able to get over them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Snapping my fingers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Doing "the floss" dance.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

Reducing sugar intake. It has been 3 days since my last piece of chocolate and the headaches are unbearable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I can't drink alcohol with food. I just feel too full.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

I'm the same with east and west.
    I always have to remind myself that Into the West was filmed in Galway and Galway is to the left as we look at the Irish map!

Lol I'm the same with east & west. I'm in Dublin so I'm clearly not in the Wesht of Ireland. & I know I'm not in the North or even the South, & yet I still have to go through all that thought process to figure out the difference between East & west. Every single time.

Ulster & Munster I'm ok with, but have to put some thought into Leinster & Connacht. Figure connacht doesn't sound very Dublin City, so I'm left with guessing I'm in Leinster :o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

Geography in general, wether it's directions, knowing where i am (if a new place of course).
    Needless is to say i go in a lot of adventures, especially if going to a new place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

I have car blindness. Cannot recognise them. It does not matter how fancy or expensive your car is unless it is purple and remarkably zany I will have forgotten what it looks like by the time you drive off and will never recognise you on the road by your car. It is nothing personal - occasionally I struggle to find my own car in a packed car park.
    Also donkey - apparently dunkey is not how they are pronounced but fcuk you and the dunkey you rode in on!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Whistling. 36 years old and trying to learn for bloody years now and just can't get it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

What are things that are generally seen as simple by others that you struggle with?

For example It takes me ages to open bin liners. Just this morning it must have taken me at least 15 minutes to manage to open a black bag when changing the rubbish. It feels like I've no grip on my fingers, I can't click my fingers so I've generally put my inability to perform a simple task down to this but it can be quite embarrassing when asking people in work to open up a bag for me.

Lick your thumb and fore finger and then wipe them together to dry them slightly then try and open bin liner,

• Registered Users Posts: 13,049 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

cj maxx wrote: »
    PM me Wesser, and anyone who thanked this. 1 husband, rarely used available

We would need to see your resume though first.. Headshots and full body shots too...

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Jokes are another one I struggle with. 99% of the time I won't get the joke. Even after the joke has to be explained to me, there's a few seconds delay for it register :D

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Tigger1

cute geoge wrote: »
    left and right .Ir just does not come to me .I have to pretend to write as in write with right hand to figure out what is right or left

I am the same! When driving I have to say right left right and move my right hand( as it's the hand I write with!) when someone or satnav says turn right.
    Had to train myself not to say it out loud for my driving test!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Jokes are another one I struggle with. 99% of the time I won't get the joke. Even after the joke has to be explained to me, there's a few seconds delay for it register :D

The only true comedy in this life is spontaneous. And unintended

• Registered Users Posts: 15,675 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Card games. Have to be taught the rules every time.

Same here and never enjoyed card games anyway except snap.
    Could never get that hang of poker. Same with pool and snooker. I never know which ball to hit.

I think poker is an evil game. Would never play it.

Pool is easy and snooker is a bit more complicated with a bigger table. Been a while since I played either do.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,675 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Snapping my fingers

That's easy.
    Reducing sugar intake. It has been 3 days since my last piece of chocolate and the headaches are unbearable.
    Awe just have some or maybe take a panel or a nurofen if you have some. Why suffer when you do not have too.
    Gruffalux wrote: »
    I have car blindness. Cannot recognise them. It does not matter how fancy or expensive your car is unless it is purple and remarkably zany I will have forgotten what it looks like by the time you drive off and will never recognise you on the road by your car. It is nothing personal - occasionally I struggle to find my own car in a packed car park.
    Also donkey - apparently dunkey is not how they are pronounced but fcuk you and the dunkey you rode in on!
    Awe that's a pity. Obviously they do interest your brain and it just seems them as objects that do a job and that's it.
    Sonics2k wrote: »
    Whistling. 36 years old and trying to learn for bloody years now and just can't get it right.
    Yep I can do that but not the two fingered whistle thing. Could never do that whistle thing.
    Geography in general, wether it's directions, knowing where i am (if a new place of course).
    Needless is to say i go in a lot of adventures, especially if going to a new place.

That sounds like fun.
    I want to go on adventures with you and we can get lost together lol.
    Geography do in school I loved it. Was one of my stronger subjects that and history.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭LeBash

Making a bed...... 45 mins each time. Im ok with the mattress thingy and the pillow cases, the duvet cover takes me a lifetime

Advertisement