Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,916 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

positron wrote:
    I am not really all that bothered about Amazon Prime to be honest - BUT - How can Hisense get away ignoring a whole country? Also, false advertising? Any thoughts?

If you've bought it recently I'd imagine a good retailer would exchange it for a different model.

Is the TV intended for the Irish market? I know B&Q, argos & homebase sell electric showers intended for the UK Market and have no Irish warranty. I wonder if a UK company like Curry's brought in a TV not intended for the Irish market. This wouldn't be the fault of Hisense in that case

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭positron

ElNino wrote: »
    Contact Amazon on Live Chat and ask them to change your Prime country to the UK. Problem solved :)

I already tried that they wouldn't. They asked me to sign up new with UK address and card. :(
    Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Is the TV intended for the Irish market? I know B&Q, argos & homebase sell electric showers intended for the UK Market and have no Irish warranty. I wonder if a UK company like Curry's brought in a TV not intended for the Irish market. This wouldn't be the fault of Hisense in that case

Its Argos. Clearly they are sourcing UK sets from Hisense and selling it here. Here's the TV in question: http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8193744/Trail/searchtext%3EHISENSE+.htm

I don't know if all TV manufacturers have updated their Prime app to consider ROI users. Hisense surely haven't, and doesn't that mean as a very mininum, Hisense should drop the claim of supporting Prime in Ireland?

positron wrote: »
    I already tried that they wouldn't. They asked me to sign up new with UK address and card. :(

Its Argos. Clearly they are sourcing UK sets from Hisense and selling it here. Here's the TV in question: http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8193744/Trail/searchtext%3EHISENSE+.htm

I don't know if all TV manufacturers have updated their Prime app to consider ROI users. Hisense surely haven't, and doesn't that mean as a very mininum, Hisense should drop the claim of supporting Prime in Ireland?

If that's their claim then It should be dropped but perhaps a TV intended for the Irish market might support Irish Prime.

Argos are famous for replacing thing with little or no fuss. If it's a recent purchaseI'd imagine they offer a full refund

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭positron

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your email. It would appear the TV is being advertised incorrectly, as the TV is not certified for this use in Ireland correctly.

I do apologise for the inconvenience this may have caused.
    Kind Regards,

XXX (Hisense Support Team)

Yeah, they just acknowledged that the TV is not certified for use here. However their warranty warranty registration site support ROI as country. Right numpties. (Unless of course if they have a separate Irish version of the TV, I don't know if there's such a thing).

'suppose I should talk to Argos now. (I would have thought Hisense would see the red flag with this, as ultimately this could mean no sales in Ireland, but they don't seem too fussed).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I already tried that they wouldn't. They asked me to sign up new with UK address and card. :(...

I had the opposite issue with nowTV. They used to be UK only and my TV had that app set up to the UK service. They now have an Irish one and they had to delete my UK account before I could set up an Irish one. In fairness to them their support had it sorted very quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

Speedwell wrote: »
    I heard a couple weeks ago from an Amazon customer service agent that they want to do Prime for shipping in Ireland, but cannot put it together logistically so that it is reliable enough. I read that as "the delivery infrastructure in Ireland either sucks or costs too much".

Odd then how ASOS can manage to do delivery next day almost always even when you order at about 5pm

I think Amazon.co.uk just takes the usual UK attitude to this market : that it doesn't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

I think that you were unlucky there as I and plenty others on here had that done with no problem. Change your Amazon default address to the Parcel Motel or Address Pal UK one and chance your arm again. I don't think they will check that you have a UK credit card but if you have a Revolut card switch your default payment method to that as it is a UK based card.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Parks & Recreation added today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

den87 wrote: »
    Parks & Recreation added today.

The last big TV show that was missing.

I think there's still less movies than the UK service but all the shows are there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Is there many shows on the UK version that aren't on the Irish version? Think my location is in Ireland even though my Amazon account is UK (parcel motel & revolut).

• Advertisement

qwabercd wrote:
    Is there many shows on the UK version that aren't on the Irish version? Think my location is in Ireland even though my Amazon account is UK (parcel motel & revolut).

On pc go to amazon.co.uk make sure you are signed out. You will you will be able to see the UK listing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

The expanse series 3 as well as 1&2 are now on prime

• Registered Users Posts: 60,351 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

New Amsterdam has been added and will air weekly by the looks of it.

Baywatch has also been added.

Hereditary added today

good horror for valentines day

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

The Widow - arriving 01 March. Looks good going by the trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭neirbloom

Funny or Dies Zack morris is trash is well worth a look. Basically a five minute skit from random episodes of Saved by the Bell detailing why Zack Morris is the worst human being on the planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Marje wrote: »

Also will be on ITV. According to the source of all truth Prime Video will have it for international, I assume that this means Ireland too?

dulpit wrote: »
    Also will be on ITV. According to the source of all truth Prime Video will have it for international, I assume that this means Ireland too?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7459986/companycredits?ref_=tt_dt_co
    Going by IMDB, it will be world wide with Amazon.

Distributors
    Amazon Studios (2019) (World-wide) (all media)
    ITV - Independent Television (2018) (UK) (TV)

I was able to watch the trailer on Prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Marje wrote: »

I thought this was a Netflix show.:confused:

Could have sworn it.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,321 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I thought this was a Netflix show.:confused:

Could have sworn it.:rolleyes:

Maybe you thought it was The Witcher. That's a Netflix show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭techdiver

I've noticed recently that the only benefit of prime membership in Ireland from a delivery point of view is the free delivery. The next day (or 2 days for Ireland) rarely happens.

I've seen this one today also whereby Priority delivery for an item in my basket (dispatched and sold by amazon) is slower than the free standard delivery???

473445.png

techdiver wrote:
    I've noticed recently that the only benefit of prime membership in Ireland from a delivery point of view is the free delivery. The next day (or 2 days for Ireland) rarely happens.

You get free delivery on orders over 25 without prime membership.

I order a lot of products as I have a business account. I like the 2 day delivery service. I also like prime video

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭techdiver

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    You get free delivery on orders over 25 without prime membership.

I order a lot of products as I have a business account. I like the 2 day delivery service. I also like prime video

I understand the free delivery over €25, I was just making the point that the "benefits" of prime apart from prime video is very sporadic. I don't think I've ever gotten 2 day delivery and I've ordered quite a lot. Every item I buy seems to have the excuse - "longer delivery than normal" for a very vague and genetic reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

techdiver wrote: »
    I understand the free delivery over €25, I was just making the point that the "benefits" of prime apart from prime video is very sporadic. I don't think I've ever gotten 2 day delivery and I've ordered quite a lot. Every item I buy seems to have the excuse - "longer delivery than normal" for a very vague and genetic reason.
    You also get prime music and prime reading with a prime membership.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

gmisk wrote: »
    You also get prime music and prime reading with a prime membership.

How are you accessing prime music as it is UK region only. Is there a way around this restriction??

pmce4 wrote: »
    How are you accessing prime music as it is UK region only. Is there a way around this restriction??
    App on fire tv and VPN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

You have to activate Prime Music with a UK debit/credit card. I was able to use my Revolut card to activate after setting my Amazon default address to the AddressPal UK one. You don't need to use a VPN once it is activated.

I get Amazon music on the Amazon music app on my phone and through Alexa from my prime membership. I use my Irish card and don't use a vpn.

Kes added , one of the greatest movies of all time

• Advertisement

I just finished watching "you were never really here" on Amazon prime.

Wow, it definitely isn't for everyone but it blew me away, the acting, the direction and the sound design especially is outstanding.

Advertisement