Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TNA Wrestling Megathread

Options
  • 11-01-2018 11:42pm

I know this company has become a bit of a joke in recent years but for the first time in awhile I have a bit of hope for them in 2018.

Scott D'Amore and Don Callis were hired as Executive Vice Presidents of the company back in December. I think Callis could be great in this role. I find him to be a clever man when it comes to wrestling (from listening to Killing the town) and his ties with NJPW could come in handy. He also had a big hand in the Jericho Vs Omega match coming together.

Their first set of tapings took place yesterday and the 2 bits of big news were the return to a 4 sided ring and
    The return of Austin Aries who defeated Eli Drake for the Global championship

More tapings are due to take place over the next couple of days.

The tapings under the new regime will begin to air from the 1st of February in the States. You can watch it on 5Spike over here on the 2nd of February. The channel can be tuned in on Sky if you have Sky. Airs every Friday night at 9pm.

Anyway looking forward to see what they do moving forward.
    Post edited by Lord TSC on

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Hey anyone watch impact on a weekly basis still? Just wondering how many here partake.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I usually go through it quickly, which could explain not caring about many of the guys involved. Or knowing who's who

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

They seem to be getting their **** together now. I wont spoil the new tapings for the 2 people in Ireland that watch it.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Hey anyone watch impact on a weekly basis still? Just wondering how many here partake.

Giving it a watch tonight in preparation for the new regime. Just to get to know some of the faces on the roster.

I like JB in other roles but I really hope himself and Josh Matthews are replaced on commentary.

Green ring ropes were a horrible choice.

One thing I hope they try to get away from in 2018 is the bulk TV tapings.

Like NXT it's just too hard to stay away from spoilers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

honestly cant remember the last time I watched an episode of impact or any of their ppvs

Jeremy Borash has left and signed a contract with WWE.

I wasn't a huge fan of him on commentary recently especially with Josh Matthews beside him bringing him down but he was brilliant in the backstage interviewer role and did a lot of work behind the scenes.

Huge loss but Jeremy deserves it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Borash joining WWE is one of those things that makes me check if Impact is still running, at least everyone good that seems to be getting out is finding a home in the WWE. Borash will no doubt team up with Matt Hardy again.

The new era for Impact Wrestling not off to a good start.

JB did all the commentary for all the tapings they did that will begin airing this week and the amount of wrestlers that will feature in these shows that have now left. EC3, Lashley etc

And not to mention all the stuff behind the scenes JB would do.

Thought those tapings were done after EC3 and Lashley left and that's why the title change occurred.

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Thought those tapings were done after EC3 and Lashley left and that's why the title change occurred.

No, they'll be on some of these shows as well.

EC3 is in a tag match on this Thursdays episode.

*EDIT* EC3 will be on episodes till April according to people on twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

and JB is now gone WWE. Abyss most one of the last TNA guys still there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

So is tonight the last night before the new era for us? I may give it a go again and unfollow them on social media so that i dont get constant spoilers and see if i can actually get back in to impact. Although they just dont have a roster that I am interested in

So is tonight the last night before the new era for us? I may give it a go again and unfollow them on social media so that i dont get constant spoilers and see if i can actually get back in to impact. Although they just dont have a roster that I am interested in

Tonight is the start of the new era.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Is impact shown here?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Is impact shown here?

Spike in the UK. If you have Sky you can tune it in.

It usually shows up on dailymotion though. I'll post a link if it does.

Full episodes usually show up on this channel around Friday evening - http://www.dailymotion.com/Impact-Wrestling/videos

It's not an official Impact channel so sometimes the episodes dissapear so watch as soon as you can when the episodes are uploaded.

I can tune in spike on sky but you can't pause or record the channel so it's a bit of pain in the arse trying to watch at 10pm on a Friday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Ya was just going to say I’d be recording it.. never at home that time on fridays

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Ya was just going to say I’d be recording it.. never at home that time on fridays

It's a bit ridiculous we're tied in with the British TV rights and we can't get the channel officially over here.

Even on the GWN app the likes of Australia get new episodes straight away when they air and we get a 10 day delay on the app.

I signed up for the app around the 10th of December for a 30 day trial. I didn't give any payment details and nearly 2 months later I still have access :P

Tonight is the start of the new era.

And that's why I thought EC3 would be gone. But the fact he'll be there til April then suddenly gone makes it feel like SSDD.

Poor Chris, you know, Abyss must be sitting there getting lonely watching all these new guys coming in. Does he have any kind of role backstage?
    James Storm must be kicking himself for going back to Impact.

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Poor Chris, you know, Abyss must be sitting there getting lonely watching all these new guys coming in. Does he have any kind of role backstage?
    James Storm must be kicking himself for going back to Impact.

Abyss along with Jimmy Jacobs, Callis, D'Amore and Sonjay Dutt make up the creative team I think.

Episode is up on that dailymotion channel I linked.

Last night's episode was....ok.

Matt Sydal Vs Fallah Bahh and the tag main event were ok matches. Nothing else stood out.

EC3 I thought was the most entertaining person on the show.

Eli Drake seems like a good talker.

Not a huge AA fan so wasn't thrilled to see him win the title but they needed to do something to create some buzz I suppose.

Don't like JB and Josh Matthews on commentary but supposedly plans are for a new announce team with JB gone.

Impact zone crowd were awful as usual.

I think they could have done with being a 1 hour show for a few months of this new era.

It's only the first week of a new era for the company but the roster is really weak with no one star that would get you to tune in. A roster that will lose EC3 and Bobby Lashley in the next few weeks won't help things.

I suppose the way to look at is that there's no match that they could announce would happen next week that would get me excited. There's not 1 match between 2 wrestlers on that roster that would get me to tune in. So hopefully they can sort out the roster in the next couple of months.

Current roster - http://impactwrestling.com/roster/

And their filler consists of showing old matches with now WWE guys.

So are Ally and Laura the 2 top women in the company now? Are Sienna and Rosemary still there?

edit: Just looked at the roster link you posted now. It's obvisously based on current airing episodes rather than who is currently signed with them.
    They have Joseph Park and Abyss there. And Sienna and Rosemary are still there

Impact need to get out of the Impact zone, get somewhere like the asylum again. 'member the Bentley bounce and heel corner?
    Needs that kind of a cocoon that full sail gave to the Nxt stars. Watching on Friday I just got a sense that Bahh v Sydal could have gotten a decent reaction and the Aries return/win would have blown the roof off the place were it somewhere with fans that actually cared and were familiar with the product.

Also agree with the above point of making it one hour, they need to cover up how short they are on talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Impact need to get out of the Impact zone, get somewhere like the asylum again. 'member the Bentley bounce and heel corner? Needs that kind of a cocoon that full sail gave to the Nxt stars. Watching on Friday I just got a sense that Bahh v Sydal could have gotten a decent reaction and the Aries return/win would have blown the roof off the place were it somewhere with fans that actually cared and were familiar with the product.

I'm pretty sure Don Callis said on Killing the Town a few weeks ago that one of his immediate goals he hopes to achieve is to leave the Impact Zone, or to at least not to be there every week.

I'm pretty sure Don Callis said on Killing the Town a few weeks ago that one of his immediate goals he hopes to achieve is to leave the Impact Zone, or to at least not to be there every week.

Its so badly needed. It was a watchable show, and as someone who hadnt watched in months it actually looked better than I remember (not as dark) but the flat crowd just killed it

Watched bits on Friday, not as good as the week before.

• Advertisement

This weeks episode

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6etugv

Part 2 should play when part 1 ends.

I've been staying away from the spoilers from the tapings (except for the spoilers Impact themselves revealed) but it looks like it could be a good show this week hopefully.

Drake Vs AA for the title.
    Callihan Vs Lashley
    Fantasma Vs Ishimori for X division title
    EC 3 and mystery partner Vs Sydal and Morrison
    Brian Cage debut

Advertisement