Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland Graduate Programme

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭blondeybaba

Flunch wrote: »
    Anyone managed to contact HR or gotten a rejection yet?
    Try calling them maybe...? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Flunch

Try calling them maybe...? :)

Cant get through on any of the numbers I have & no reply to my email :-\

Anyone know what number I should use?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Jonnylomax

Anyone else who now has the confirmation email, do you think they want us to scan and email the external application form rather than post it?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 keller87

Jonnylomax wrote: »
    Anyone else who now has the confirmation email, do you think they want us to scan and email the external application form rather than post it?

I am gonna scan it and send it back by email.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 NedNoodles

Are HR people so busy that they can't send a rejection email? We all know it's a made up job anyway.

• Advertisement

NedNoodles wrote: »
    Are HR people so busy that they can't send a rejection email? We all know it's a made up job anyway.

It's not a made up job, and it's the sector I'll be going in to... No need for that.. You could just call them?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Newbie in the room

A bit of patience is needed here lads. HR are not going to issue all offers in one go. It will be done in tranches in case they get rejections. Just sit tight and even still you might be lucky enough to get your second preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 FOS5252

Been following this thread for awhile, decided to set up an account. Havent gotten a call I was going for Corp and Tres. I am an undergrad student, are most people masters or undergrad?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Eoghan41

NedNoodles wrote: »

Sound like a proper bigot

Just got offered c and t

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Ohanlon89

congrats. i'd say you're over the moon

Yeah I genuinely thought I did poorly. But yeah delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Jonnylomax

They kept you waiting didn't they! Well done bro, looking forward to working with you in Sept

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭IS_a_Class

Did anyone get offered Risk yet, or have just C&T and HR offers been sent out?

Jonnylomax wrote: »
    They kept you waiting didn't they! Well done bro, looking forward to working with you in Sept
    Certainly did! Had given up by now anyway! See you in September!!

Eoghan41 wrote: »
    Just got offered c and t
    Amazing!! Well done!!!

Amazing!! Well done!!!
    Thanks! looking forward to it now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 1andonly2

Spoke with Joanne on Friday evening. Credit and Market risk stream are being finalised today and offers will be out this evening and tomorrow. Fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭IS_a_Class

great! there goes the afternoon! I'll be looking at my email every two minutes

Can I ask how people are returning the application forms? By scanning it or sending it by post?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 keller87

Eoghan41 wrote: »
    Can I ask how people are returning the application forms? By scanning it or sending it by post?

Scanning! Well done Eoghan41!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ohanlon89

just got the rejection call there. so the wait is finally over

Ohanlon89 wrote: »
    just got the rejection call there. so the wait is finally over
    Sorry to hear that man but there may be people that take other jobs so there's still a slight chance

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cp_mcg

me too, i missed the rejection call though, she left me a voicemail telling me to ring her back for feedback though, any idea what thats about?

Sorry to hear that lads. Was offered my second choice in risk. If I were to sign a contract but find a front office role elsewhere could BOI hold me to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Sorry to hear that, if you dont mind me asking what is bad about working in risk. If you sign a contract they can sue you for breach of contract but in all likelyhood that wont happen as its to costly for them. The biggest negative is the probably will blacklist you if you apply for future positions in the company. Congrats on the offer though

Risk is a back office role duffman meaning they have little impact on the overall operations of the bank as opposed to someone working in the front office. The exit opportunities to someone working in the front office are also far greater. If you stay in the back office for more than three years, you're there for life.

@cp_mcg, @ Ohanlon89, what roles did you guys apply for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cp_mcg

Corp and Treasury

AIB Graduate progormme usually opens up in the next month or so. Opportunities still there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Hozny

Got the rejection call there for C&T.
    Not remotely surprised tbh. My background and career interest is in a different field an I'd say that shone through in the presentation and interview..

Advertisement