Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which airports have you flow in or out of?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭89897

Oh this one is fun :)

Ire & UK. Dublin, Shannon, Knock, Sligo, Edinburgh, Manchester, Stanstead, Heathrow, Luton, Gatwick, Bristol

Europe and Africa. Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Krakow, Rome, Paris CDG and Beauvais, Alicante, Barcelona, Faro, Larnica, Dubrovnik, Zadar, Tunis

Asia. Seoul Gimpo and Incheon, Busan, Tokyo Narita and Haneda, Manila, Cebu, Kuala Lumpar, Beijing, Bangkok, Phuket, Hanoi, New Delhi, Mumbai, Abu Dhabi, Dubai

US/ Canada/ Caribbean. JFK, LaGuardia, Philedelphia, Orlando, Charlotte, Toronto, Vancouver, St, Lucia George FL Charles airport, Punta Cana

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

Few new ones :-)

Luton,Bournemouth,East Midlands,Madrid,Castellon.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭niallpatrick

I hate flying so not many, Belfast Aldergrove-Heathrow- Kingstown-Orlando, Heathrow and Orlando were just jumping onto a proper jet and a stop over for picking up from Kingstown. Return leg can't remember. Edinburgh-Belfast city I think and the return the same. And thats it, never flying again or leaving Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Dublin , Waterford , Malaga , Alicante , Murcia, Valencia, Ibiza ,Manchester , London ,Faro ,Copenhagen , Amsterdam ,Dusseldorf ,Cologne

Frankfurt Stuttgart Krakow Warsaw Barcelona Istanbul Cairo Hurghada Sharm el Sheikh Dubai Sharjah Beirut Riyadh Prague Budapest Amman Paris

Best experience: Always in DXB (Dubai airport) (of course, everything there is just mega clean/efficient at all times)

Worst experience: Dusseldorf and Cologne last summer ( within 1 week of eachother)

4 hour queues to even get into the airport and thousands of people waiting in line for security, everyone angry and fighting with eachother because everyone was going to be late etc. not sure what sort of **** up that was, will hesitate to ever fly in or out of a German airport ever again

also the Spanish airports can be quite smooth/easy to navigate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭thomil

@dartboardio That was a major f***-up, not just at Cologne and Düsseldorf, but also at many other German airports. The management at many airports had forecast a much slower recovery of passenger numbers and between that and the fact that very few people were willing to work, say, security at pre-pandemic pay & conditions left many airports massively understaffed. It wasn't just Germany either, I remember Amsterdam having similar issues when I flew through there last year. From my recent experience at Frankfurt Airport though, things are vastly improved this year.

As for mine, here goes nothing:

• Bristol
    • Budapest
    • Cologne
    • Cork
    • Dubai
    • Dublin
    • Düsseldorf
    • Frankfurt (FRA, HHN)
    • Hamburg
    • Helsinki
    • Izmir
    • Kerry
    • Klagenfurt
    • London (LHR, LCY, STN)
    • Munich
    • New York - JFK
    • Palma de Mallorca
    • Prague
    • Providence
    • Warsaw
    • Vienna
    • Zurich

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

• Dublin
    • Shannon
    • Manchester
    • Birmingham
    • Heathrow
    • Luton
    • Stanstead
    • Gatwick
    • London City
    • Glasgow
    • Southampton
    • Edinburgh
    • East Midlands
    • Cardiff
    • Newcastle
    • Paris CDG
    • Paris Orly
    • Toulouse
    • Biarritz
    • Carcassonne
    • Bordeaux
    • Brussels
    • Charleroi
    • Amsterdam
    • Copenhagen
    • Oslo
    • Stavanger
    • Rovenameni
    • Moscow
    • Novosibirsk
    • Warsaw
    • Katowice
    • Wroclaw
    • Krakow
    • Prague
    • Berlin Brandenburg (and the old SFX)
    • Berlin Tegel
    • Frankfurt
    • Hahn
    • Munich
    • Memmigen
    • Luxembourg
    • Zurich
    • Milan Linate
    • Milan Malpensa
    • Rome Fiumicino
    • Rome Ciampino
    • Olbia
    • Ljubljana
    • Belgrade
    • Heraklion
    • Istanbul Ataturk
    • Istanbul Sabiha
    • Faro
    • Lisbon
    • Barcelona
    • Alicante
    • Madrid
    • Tenerife South
    • Fuerteventura
    • Lanzarote
    • Abu Dhabi
    • Dubai
    • Gander
    • Orlando
    • Vancouver

Might have missed one or two. Also been on the ramp/in the hangers of plenty of others without flying in or out. I don't miss my old job.

Best: Zurich

Worst: Luton

Have to agree German security is the worst, even pre-Covid.

Post edited by artanevilla on

Advertisement