Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is heartbreaking - Child Bullying

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭feelthepower

Reading a bit up on it now, yea something doesn't seem right.

I don't know the truth of what's going on but seems like the mother is trying to exploit him.

I don't think anyone has ever said to bully traveller children? Open to correction however.

A kick in the hole or a belt with a hurl would do wonders for some of the little ****ers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

This child is Aboriginal - the Australian equivalent of a traveller.

Many people in After Hours are normally pretty vocal about what they believe should be done to Travellers, and that is more or less what has been done to this kid.

What gives? Because he's an Aussie kid, it's wrong, but if he was an Irish Traveller child, it would be ok?

And who here ever said it was ok to bully a traveller child?.

People here are quick, and rightly so to condemn the behavior out some travellers just as they're quick to condemn other little scummers from the settled community too but I've never heard, seen or read of anyone online or elsewhere saying its ok to bully traveller children.. Prove me wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

When my brother was about ...hmm 10 ish. He was being bullied by an American boy at school.

He eventually told my mother. And after a while she ran the boy's parents.

She didn't blame. She listened to them. They told her he had some issues with being new in school. He was missing America etc.

She asked them if they would ask my brother around to dinner. They did. At first the boy wasn't too happy about it.

But then a few days past in school. The air was less cold between them.

Then my brother asked the boy and another friend around to dinner. They went out to play together this time.

Then it became a regular thing ..each week they would go around to each other's houses.

The drama ended. They became friends and reconciled.

It wasn't easy for my brother. I am sure it wasn't easy for the bully either.

They are still in contact to this day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

A kick in the hole or a belt with a hurl would do wonders for some of the little ****ers.

And the same applies to settled children.

• Advertisement

And the same applies to settled children.

Yea either or, not specific to travellers.

Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on whether or not you agree with the above posters, corporal punishment is illegal in Ireland today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Jesus my heart broke when i saw that yesterday, the poor child must have been in a terrible place, i hooe it all works out and he gets all the help he needs

I also hope teachers and the school are brought to task over how a child could be taken to the point of talking about suicide the way he was talking about it, children will take liberty but only when allowed get away with it, i hope there's an investigation into it and changes brought about because of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject71

Kids these days don't have any serious repercussions for theirs actions. Certain disciplines were taken from parents by legislation. So now kids run rampant. When I was bold as a kid the worst thing to hear was from my mother, "Just wait til your father gets home"heh.If kids don't respect their parents, they have no need to respect anyone and is sad to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Many people in After Hours are normally pretty vocal about what they believe should be done to Travellers, and that is more or less what has been done to this kid.

What gives? Because he's an Aussie kid, it's wrong, but if he was an Irish Traveller child, it would be ok?
    Your usual dishonesty. You regularly post prejudiced (including anti Irish) narrowminded stuff but then suddenly pretend to care about travellers just as another way to have a go at people here. You know full well what people mean when they are critical of the negative aspects of traveller culture (and no doubt secretly agree with them) and that does not mean being ok with bullying traveller children, so spare us the faux concern. Also there was no mention that this boy is aboriginal, so you're clutching.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,316 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Over on Twitter now it's being posted that he is older than 9 and an actor, and that it was a scam to get money.

I hope this isn't true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

So you think its because he's aboriginal that he's being bullied? Interesting train of thought, you're being deliberately obtuse and leading, grow up to fcuk

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The missus says he is a dwarf playing acting

• Registered Users Posts: 16,078 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The missus says he is a dwarf playing acting

He is a nine year old dwarf ? I don’t get your post

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Poor kid. It’s kind of concerning however that he even knows what hanging is and asking for a rope at such a tender age.

I really hope that this is the turning point for him. The video is unsettling for a lot of reasons but maybe the mother was just at the end of her tether.

He’ll be the cool kid now who is in with the celebrities and will experience the other end of it awash with users and leeches.
    Hope he tells them all to fcuk off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Social media I'd say. Children having more power than adults (Ana Kriegel case for example).

And the fashion now of saying "bullying is a fact of life", "kids need to be more resilient" from victim blaming adults.

They do though, life ain't easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,726 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Twitter spreading a rumour that he's really an 18 year old actor, and now everyone is filling his instagram photos with vile comments and bullying him even more.
    WTF

''You're a piece of ****, and you're actually scamming people, I hope you get kicked and discriminated during all your miserable life ''

''Keep getting bullied lame asss''

''That’s the only car small enough you’ll ever be able to drive you scamming little ****er ���� deserve to be bullied''

just goes on an on. Some people can't think for themselves and believe everything they read.

Twitter spreading a rumour that he's really an 18 year old actor, and now everyone is filling his instagram photos with vile comments and bullying him even more.
    WTF

''You're a piece of ****, and you're actually scamming people, I hope you get kicked and discriminated during all your miserable life ''

''That’s the only car small enough you’ll ever be able to drive you scamming little ****er ���� deserve to be bullied''

just goes on an on. Some people can't think for themselves and believe everything they read.

Good lord.

He's already ostracized enough. We really do make people who are different or look different out to be the bad guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

WTF

Some people love to hate.

Really nobody should be on these platforms anyways.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Poor kid. It’s kind of concerning however that he even knows what hanging is and asking for a rope at such a tender age.

That was actually my first thought. I hadn't a notion about killing oneself or what it would involve at 9 years old. I was only really exposed to it even when I was 13 and my cousin committed suicide and I remember being fairly confused about the whole thing. So for a 9 year old to be talking about wanting to die seemed heartbreaking but a little red flaggy. My 9 year old nephew would have very little idea if any about anything like that. :confused:
    Saw the comments myself on some of the twitter posts, said his mother is a 'stage school mom' etc there is another video seeming to back up claims that this isn't a struggling kid
    Anyway, who knows...but if it is real and if a 9 year old has had a hard enough life they are actually asking for a length of rope, then that school needs to take a look at how they're monitoring the children left in their care as well.

• Advertisement

Crikey, if it turns out that this is a con, people are still gobshytes to make discriminatory comments about his size and condition, but Jesus if it is, it's severely messed up.
    you're being deliberately obtuse and leading, grow up to fcuk
    It's what they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

That is pure horse****. No point in reading the rest of your post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Cork_Langer1

Fake, mamma coaching him.
    Sick world.
    Remember people domt donate to anything on the internet.

What evidence is there that it's fake?

He's full of Gucci and Hilfiger on Instagram giving the middle finger, his mother manages he's acting page profile, what 9 year old knows about hanging themselves.

Sick people out there, anything for follower and internet gratification.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

nthclare wrote: »

I know kids are kids, but yes but I remember the hardest nut in the classroom in primary school Martin was his name.
    He looked out for the vulnerable kids in class, the ones with speech difficulties and maybe a bit slow or nervous.
    Any one whod dare slag off any of them or be nasty Martin would be there to sort it out.
    A big strong guy no compromise with bullies, in a way he made primary school easy for us all like a fair leader, he did well in life we're in our mid 40s now and we bump into each other now and again, he's still a hero.
    I've a really odd sounding old Celtic name and it didn't go down well with some kids, he stood up for me
    Some kids are born with empathy and understanding.

Hopefully this kid will get early psychological intervention to help him untie the knots within his soul and mind.

He needs lots of love

I teach 5th class. I have a boy like "Martin" in my class. If he was my son my heart would burst with pride.
    He's positive, popular, kind, inclusive, cheeky, thoughtful, generous. Struggles with school work but completely practical. Shines when we do construction type, hands-on activities. Helps the brain-boxes that can't glue two bits together.
    We need more Jacks and Martins in this world.

Yeah it might be.

Although even if the mother is exploiting him, doesn't mean he's not being bullied.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,717 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Your usual dishonesty. You regularly post prejudiced (including anti Irish) narrowminded stuff but then suddenly pretend to care about travellers just as another way to have a go at people here. You know full well what people mean when they are critical of the negative aspects of traveller culture (and no doubt secretly agree with them) and that does not mean being ok with bullying traveller children, so spare us the faux concern. Also there was no mention that this boy is aboriginal, so you're clutching.

Nonsense: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-51582696

It was included in the original news reports from Australia, too.

I know full well the posts I've read here about what people want to do to Travellers, with no distinction made between children and adults.

Nonsense: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-51582696

It was included in the original news reports from Australia, too.

I know full well the posts I've read here about what people want to do to Travellers, with no distinction made between children and adults.
    No mention of it on this thread where the only focus was the video. I had no idea. And you know full well that hardly anyone who is critical of the widespread problems in traveller culture endorses mistreatment of their children. It's usually a tiny minority of people being inflammatory (something you'd be familiar with) who say stupid stuff like that about the children. And how do you know it's the same people posting in support of this lad anyway? Pure bs. And I don't believe for a split second that you actually don't see the widespread issues that are referred to.

• Advertisement

Of course he's going to get bullied, he has dwarfism, people with glasses get bullied, red hair people get bullied, he was coached for that video.

Advertisement