Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blacknight83

Bhoy1967 wrote: »
    Completed this with Curve this morning and Hola VPN - surprised how easy it was!

Worked out at €4.69 (41.99 Turkish Lira) for the premium package - now all I have to do is buy a decent TV

Thanks Op

Just curious did you sign up as a first time or renew from a lapsed Netflix account

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Bhoy1967

Just curious did you sign up as a first time or renew from a lapsed Netflix account

I renewed - my subscription lapsed last night - I loaded the Curve details before my account lapsed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

I renewed - my subscription lapsed last night - I loaded the Curve details before my account lapsed.

Ah that's what I've been doing wrong then!

So load the new card, then cancel sub and then "go to Turkey" and rejoin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

More questions, sorry guys.got a new card today, can I just change it while logged in or do I have to do it through the vpn?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,267 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Redriddick wrote: »
    More questions, sorry guys.got a new card today, can I just change it while logged in or do I have to do it through the vpn?

Should be able to do most actions without VPN. Changing card may need you to move home for a month though.

• Advertisement

frash wrote: »
    Ah that's what I've been doing wrong then!

So load the new card, then cancel sub and then "go to Turkey" and rejoin?

Don't rejoin until your subs have lapsed :cool: Mine lapsed last night - I rejoined today through the VPN - Apparently I am now in Turkey!!

No change to service only the payment is now in Turkish Lira

Don't rejoin until your subs have lapsed :cool: Mine lapsed last night - I rejoined today through the VPN - Apparently I am now in Turkey!!

No change to service only the payment is now in Turkish Lira

Mine lapsed on Saturday
    I got My BOI card removed from my account yesterday.
    I've tried rejoining from Turkey with Irish cards, Revolut, Curve and Monese all of which aren't accepted.

Is the trick to change payment card before the lapse?

frash wrote: »
    Mine lapsed on Saturday
    I got My BOI card removed from my account yesterday.
    I've tried rejoining from Turkey with Irish cards, Revolut, Curve and Monese all of which aren't accepted.

Is the trick to change payment card before the lapse?

Maybe that is the case. I changed the card last week some time and then left the account lapse. It worked without any issues - these kind of things usually don't work out for me so I was surprised :D

Maybe that is the case. I changed the card last week some time and then left the account lapse. It worked without any issues - these kind of things usually don't work out for me so I was surprised :D

Cool thanks
    Will try that next month

Went to have a look to change my card and the new card is already setup????

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Redriddick wrote: »
    Went to have a look to change my card and the new card is already setup????
    If it's a replacement for an expired card, your issuer will have automatically forwarded the new card details to any merchants you have recurring payments with.

Quackster wrote: »
    If it's a replacement for an expired card, your issuer will have automatically forwarded the new card details to any merchants you have recurring payments with.

Hope it works for payment next month

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭bleuhh

jusvi2001 wrote: »
    You should be on the Irish NF site without VPN while chatting with customer care. let them add the card and charge you for Irish subscription .cancel it next day and let the subscription expire. when expired turn on your VPN and log in to NF turkey and restart your subscription. in my case revolut , N26 and curve card didn't worked but monese card worked without contacting customer care.

Thanks Jusvi - hope this works. It's been breaking my heart!!

Can anyone on thread confirm revolut is working for future payments . I have setup a new account from irish Netflix region and cancelled straight away. So now just waiting until expires and will vpn to turkey and renew.
    Or should I update payment details to my Irish credit card (don’t use curve)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Danmj

Can anyone on thread confirm revolut is working for future payments . I have setup a new account from irish Netflix region and cancelled straight away. So now just waiting until expires and will vpn to turkey and renew.
    Or should I update payment details to my Irish credit card (don’t use curve)

I only signed up a week or 2 ago and I setup payments with aib card as it wouldn't take revolut, I got onto Netflix chat and they changed my payment to revolut. I have since cancelled irish subscription and waiting for it to expire before trying to subscribe to Turkey. I think from reading previous posts this is the route to take

Danmj wrote: »
    I only signed up a week or 2 ago and I setup payments with aib card as it wouldn't take revolut, I got onto Netflix chat and they changed my payment to revolut. I have since cancelled irish subscription and waiting for it to expire before trying to subscribe to Turkey. I think from reading previous posts this is the route to take

I have successfully setup an Irish Netflix account with Revolut my only worry is after cancellation lapses and I vpn via turkey and renew will this work successfully via Revolut if anyone has successfully done this recently would like to know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

I have successfully setup an Irish Netflix account with Revolut my only worry is after cancellation lapses and I vpn via turkey and renew will this work successfully via Revolut if anyone has successfully done this recently would like to know

Yeah mine's with Revolut now for a long while with no issues. As someone else mentioned, add your Irish mobile no. in the account as well just in case it needs to verify.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭cullenswood

So I was on Argentina for a year and a half, but cancelled it last week due to the increase. It expired last night, so I went on this morning with Speedify, but have been getting the "There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use" message. The card I am trying is still the same card as was on the account for the Argentina sub.

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

So I was on Argentina for a year and a half, but cancelled it last week due to the increase. It expired last night, so I went on this morning with Speedify, but have been getting the "There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use" message. The card I am trying is still the same card as was on the account for the Argentina sub.

Any suggestions?

I'm "living" in Argentina myself and may do the same thing. Best of luck with that and please do let us know how you get on.
    Are you using a Revolut card, btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭cullenswood

I'm "living" in Argentina myself and may do the same thing. Best of luck with that and please do let us know how you get on.
    Are you using a Revolut card, btw?

No, left it at my BOI Mastercard and working fine for my long stay in Argentina. Have tried a few times here moving to Turkey but no joy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

No, left it at my BOI Mastercard and working fine for my long stay in Argentina. Have tried a few times here moving to Turkey but no joy.

I was thinking that Revolut might be the issue but obviously not
    Hopefully, someone more knowledgeable than me will have some suggestions for you.

ok so I've renewed in Ireland for another month with an Irish credit card.

I've gone in now & changed my payment card to be my Curve card (which points to my Revolut card).
    I have just cancelled my subscription.

I think what I have to do now is wait 24 hours once the sub expires on Oct 21st and then "go to Turkey" and re-start.

Fingers crossed / 3rd time lucky and all of that

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭snoopy84

So I changed my payment method to revolut last month, accepted the new payment method then cancelled. Tried to restart membership this morning got the error with you payment message. Got onto netflix they said revolut is declining payment. Got onto revolut they said netflix is not attempting to take payment. They suggested I ask netflix to take payment in euro as they do not support turkish lira as a holding currency

I told netflix himself is away working. could this be the problem?
    They said yes he must restart membership in ireland as the card is issued in ireland. Anybody any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Anyone using Netflix and Revolut turkish Lira is history low at 9.07Lira-1€.Just topped for a year .Works out 4.62€ for UHD x4.Could be lower tomorrow but feck it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Just tried to sign up with a Turkish account. I was paying via PayPal until this time (previously had an aussie account from when I lived there) but it said my payment method was no good. It accepted my card but then looked for a Turkish phone number to send the code to.

Anyone have a spare Turkish phone number? :D:pac:

Just tried to sign up with a Turkish account. I was paying via PayPal until this time (previously had an aussie account from when I lived there) but it said my payment method was no good. It accepted my card but then looked for a Turkish phone number to send the code to.

What card are you using?

Anyone using Netflix and Revolut turkish Lira is history low at 9.07Lira-1€.Just topped for a year .Works out 4.62€ for UHD x4.Could be lower tomorrow but feck it

Revolut told me I couldn't top up with turkish lira, that they don't support it
    ????

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

snoopy84 wrote: »
    What card are you using?

My visa debit card.

Jumped on Google when the turkish one wouldn't work and found that South Africa is 7.60 a month for the 4k package so I tried that and it worked first go. Saves me 4.40 a month, happy enough with that. Can't be arsed trying it month after month to get the turkey one to work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

snoopy84 wrote: »
    Revolut told me I couldn't top up with turkish lira, that they don't support it
    ????

Definitely not true, I've about a years worth of Turkish Lira in my account at the minute.

Advertisement