Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,882 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

TheDriver wrote:
    I'm 4.91 for 4 screens

What country is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    What country is that?

Turkey. Currently €4.84 for the 4 screen plan and will probably keep going lower and lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭dodzy

jamescd wrote: »
    Turkey. Currently €4.84 for the 4 screen plan and will probably keep going lower and lower.

39.99TL - Keep dropping baby ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭Xcellor

For anyone having problems with revolut taking payment and a new card. Just contact chat on Netflix they will give you the ability to add new card worked fine. Netflix restored.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭cletus

Xcellor wrote: »
    For anyone having problems with revolut taking payment and a new card. Just contact chat on Netflix they will give you the ability to add new card worked fine. Netflix restored.

Did this raise any queries or issues over your location etc?

• Advertisement

cletus wrote: »
    Did this raise any queries or issues over your location etc?

There was a question. I signed up for Netflix while on holiday in Turkey! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

This, isn't it just plausible that many of us have holiday apartments in Turkey and spend approximately 50% of the year there?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

Revolut out of date. Tried chat this morning. Kept telling me to try different card

mad m wrote: »
    Revolut out of date. Tried chat this morning. Kept telling me to try different card

Ask them to reset your payment details account. They have the ability via chat to open up a payment screen for you to input payment details. I did that and then saw charge come through on revolut right away.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,882 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

A VPN will do the same thing BUT they now want to send a pin to a local number so a sim would be required too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭istabrac77

Hi,

Have this up and running for Netflix. Signed up with Irish account with BOI debit card, then after one month cancelled and used VPN for Turkey.

Has anyone had any success doing similar with Spotify?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Ask them to reset your payment details account. They have the ability via chat to open up a payment screen for you to input payment details. I did that and then saw charge come through on revolut right away.

They just told me I'd have to use another card or buy gift cards and top up the account. Might sign up via Ireland for a month!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

istabrac77 wrote: »
    Hi,

Have this up and running for Netflix. Signed up with Irish account with BOI debit card, then after one month cancelled and used VPN for Turkey.

Has anyone had any success doing similar with Spotify?

Thanks!

You need the Spotify "Family" thread

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

DopeTech wrote: »
    They just told me I'd have to use another card or buy gift cards and top up the account. Might sign up via Ireland for a month!

You need to specifically ask them to "reset your payment details and send you the form to enter them again via live chat".
    They were giving me the voucher spiel until i did that. Once I entered the details into the form the add to the live chat it worked straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Not sure where to post this but I signed up for Netflix for myself and didn't share my details with anyone all of a sudden some Arabic dude has gained access to my account...

How on earth was it so easy for him to hack my account never had this issue with prime video or anything before and I basically only bought Netflix recently..

Is there anything I can do about this? Has he got access now.to my bank cards?..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Not sure where to post this but I signed up for Netflix for myself and didn't share my details with anyone all of a sudden some Arabic dude has gained access to my account...

How on earth was it so easy for him to hack my account never had this issue with prime video or anything before and I basically only bought Netflix recently..

Is there anything I can do about this? Has he got access now.to my bank cards?..

Change your password asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

GBX wrote: »
    Change your password asap.

Yeah I did that and phoned them I have access back but whats stopping him getting back in?

Hows it so easy to gain access to someone's netflix account? Now I have to change email password too

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

It’s more likely he used a weak password that has been compromised (and posted in pastebins) by another service provider being hacked and this dude trying his luck.

Always use a password manager and read www.haveibeenpwned.com for more information

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭bleuhh

It’s more likely he used a weak password that has been compromised (and posted in pastebins) by another service provider being hacked and this dude trying his luck.

Always use a password manager and read www.haveibeenpwned.com for more information

Thanks for this - didn't realise it was a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Even though my card expired a couple of weeks ago this month's appears to have gone out of my account.

It's still pending though as per AIB banking so we'll see

edit: So I checked Netflix and it appears that my new card was accepted after all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭DermoMIO

anybody signed up recently through turkey ? I was using paypal to pay & did the cancellation but then netflix no longer take paypal so changed to ptsb credit card for a month and cancelled, left it 24hours and now netflix turkey is saying "There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use"

thanks in advance for any help

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blacknight83

Any shares available willing to PayPal or Revolut

DermoMIO wrote: »
    anybody signed up recently through turkey ? I was using paypal to pay & did the cancellation but then netflix no longer take paypal so changed to ptsb credit card for a month and cancelled, left it 24hours and now netflix turkey is saying "There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use"

thanks in advance for any help
    I had the cancel my bank card and now Netflix won't accept any card via turkey or Ireland. Customer care were useless. Going to give it a break for a few months.

I had the cancel my bank card and now Netflix won't accept any card via turkey or Ireland. Customer care were useless. Going to give it a break for a few months.

I got onto them again this morning on chat. I said I was onto bank and its working fine and its not my end. A window popped up to enter bank details while on chat and hey presto, new card was added "Revolut".

I got onto them again this morning on chat. I said I was onto bank and its working fine and its not my end. A window popped up to enter bank details while on chat and hey presto, new card was added "Revolut".

Are you in turkey this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭headnorth

Was panicked reading that people were having trouble with their turkey Netflix subs but mine was ok. €4.78 taken yesterday from my visa debit for the Uhd package. Hope it gets sorted for all soon.

Are you in turkey this morning?

No...Dublin

Yeah this was my experience too.

Yeah this was my experience too.

And were you holidaying in turkey when you signed back up or are you paying irish prices now?

• Advertisement

Installed Hola on firefox couple years back and diverted it to netflix turkey and signed up that way

Advertisement