Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rush Play the o2 Thurs 12th May!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Deplasterer

I spoke to a friend of mine in Ticketmaster yesterday. He checked the system, and says there are only about 200 of the lower tier tickets still available , he says the standing is completely sold out, so all thats really left are the attic seats .Great news to know the Boys have sold the venue so well. Can't wait for the 12th

Standing & Lower level may well be sold out, but there seems to be quite a bit left still to be sold in the upper tier, not sure how ticketmaster allocate seats however, so I could be wrong.

Iwas driving between Cootehill co cavan, and ballybay co monaghan at 6.59 this morning, preparing to listen to the Ian Dempsey show. A truley gorgeous morning, the sun starting to rise, shinning thru the mist on the lakes, and then!!!!!!!!!!an ad for Rush. Its a twisty road, and i nearly lost control i was so excited. I had to text the show, to say how much i was looking forward to the gig, and then 5 mins later, a pro Rush text gets read out !!!! what a start to the day

The fact they are advertising on radio also, reinforces my hunch that still quite a few ticks to shift. Still 7 weeks to gig though.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

i think the way it works, is sell the first lot of tickets to the real fans, then as it gets nearer to the gig, you sell the cheaper tickets, to the people who are not serious fans, but will go if the tickets arnt too dear, and the show isnt soo far in the future that u need to sit down with a year planner to see when its on

Cavanman I'd say your spot on, I'm not bothered eitherway, Block D for me, roll on May, see you there all bein well.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Bjorn Bored.

Ok I am along time Rush fan and have seen them 2 times last time was in wembley arena 08 and before that the NEC 06 (I think) anyhow when I saw them in the NEC I was about 20 rows back right looking at the middle of the stage and the sound was awesome.

However when I saw them in wembley I got tickets that were right up the front SIDE ON to the stage,I could see everything and was really looking forward to the show,unfortunately all I could hear was Drums and Bass the vocals were low and I really could hear very little guitar, talk about a bummer! I can only attribute this to either a bad sound mix or more simply to the fact that I was listening from the side.

So now Rush are coming to Dublin and because I basically have been livin under a bloody great rock for the last few mnths I hadnt actually heard they were playing here:mad:. I went to get a couple of tickets and guess whats left? Yes SIDE ON to the stage again, and at 86.50 euro to boot!

I will gladly pay the price for the tickets but am worried about the sound in the o2,does anyone have any experience of being seated there with regards to poor sound?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

Ok I am along time Rush fan and have seen them 2 times last time was in wembley arena 08 and before that the NEC 06 (I think) anyhow when I saw them in the NEC I was about 20 rows back right looking at the middle of the stage and the sound was awesome.

However when I saw them in wembley I got tickets that were right up the front SIDE ON to the stage,I could see everything and was really looking forward to the show,unfortunately all I could hear was Drums and Bass the vocals were low and I really could hear very little guitar, talk about a bummer! I can only attribute this to either a bad sound mix or more simply to the fact that I was listening from the side.

So now Rush are coming to Dublin and because I basically have been livin under a bloody great rock for the last few mnths I hadnt actually heard they were playing here:mad:. I went to get a couple of tickets and guess whats left? Yes SIDE ON to the stage again, and at 86.50 euro to boot!

I will gladly pay the price for the tickets but am worried about the sound in the o2,does anyone have any experience of being seated there with regards to poor sound?

Hate Wembley. I've seen Rush 5 times in Wembley and every time the sound was a bit on the sh!t side, especially compared to the NEC & MEN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Bjorn Bored.

cheers yea wembley pretty bad for sure but i am wondering if the o2 is any better? its basically the same spot the first block first tier right hand side of the stage.

Bjorn, for starters you do not have to take waht Ticketmaster throws you up, there are still decent seats you can choos on the upper tier for rows J, K, L & N and cheaper at €68 plus booking fee, just simply choose block you wish & hey presto. All seats are good at the O2, even the real nosebleeds. Good luck.

By the way Geddy Lee is taking a live interview from 8pm tonight at the link below:

http://www.rockradio.co.uk/manchester/

• Registered Users Posts: 37,909 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Remember to get to the gig in time you dont want to be RUSHING to it .HAHAHA

Only 5 weeks away this thursday

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Remember to get to the gig in time you dont want to be RUSHING to it .HAHAHA

Only 5 weeks away this thursday

Good reports so far from the american gigs, although no changes to the setlist, could have done with Faithless:confused: being dropped and replaced by The Main Monkey Business, however rest of set fine by me.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭RayCon

For those who've never been to a Rush gig ... when they say they'll be on stage at 8pm ... they'll be on stage at 8pm - resist that extra pre-gig drink. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Shaneosexual

Hi everyone. I'm only a little familiar with Rush. Of the songs I do know I love them. Would it be worth my while going to this concert?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭AnalogueKid

Hi everyone. I'm only a little familiar with Rush. Of the songs I do know I love them. Would it be worth my while going to this concert?

Absolutely, Rush live is a real experience. Quite possibly the only time they'll ever play Ireland too. Check out some of the Live in Rio clips on youtube and I'll reckon you'll be sold.

Not only will it be the one & only time they play Ireland but you'll never ever get the chance to hear the whole of their greatest album, Moving Pictures, played live in its entirety. A no brainer, go get your ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

Cant wait to get in some of this on the 12th! :)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Got into Rush 2 years ago, never seen them live, so really looking forward to this :) As a bass player I ****ing love Geddy Lee. Couldn't get standing which disappointed me but it's gonna be a special night :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Mathiasb

Damn. I really want to go but none of my mates are really interested :(
    Not too sure about going alone.

forever-alone-face.png

• Registered Users Posts: 21,162 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Mathiasb wrote: »

Go for it, could be once in a lifetime (in Ireland anyway). Then when your mates go on about how they would have loved to have been there, you can sit there with the smug grin of victory!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

Nonsense! Went to Rush on my own last year and had a great time. Was able to immerse myself in the whole event with no distractions.

This is your one & only chance to see them in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Mathiasb

Yep, fook it. Bought a ticket :D

tumblr_liuzbqmmPk1qbvc38o1_250.png

• Registered Users Posts: 21,162 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Thats the Spirit of Radio man:D

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭RonyPonyBah

Same situation here with none of my mates wanting to go but i got a standing ticket the first morning of sale

I don't fancy going on my own too but who cares it's RUSH !

• Registered Users Posts: 37,909 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Im goin on my own to the gig from Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I'm going on my own, but meeting up with well over 50 people i've met from various Rush tours and events from the past few years.:cool: A lot of people from all over Europe are coming to this show.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭CiaranK

I'd imagine all these people coming from other countries are going to be queing up to get at the front. What time would you need to go at to get a decent spot?

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭RonyPonyBah

Woop i'm not the only deise boy going on my own ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

CiaranK wrote: »
    I'd imagine all these people coming from other countries are going to be queing up to get at the front. What time would you need to go at to get a decent spot?

I saw people standing outside the Ahoy 3 hours beforehand in Rotterdam last tour, we left the bar with half an hour to go and i got front row to the side night 1 and row 2 centre stage show 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭CiaranK

galwayrush wrote: »
    I saw people standing outside the Ahoy 3 hours beforehand in Rotterdam last tour, we left the bar with half an hour to go and i got front row to the side night 1 and row 2 centre stage show 2.

Cool, I was thinking of going just before the doors were opening. Should be enough time (I hope). Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Shaneosexual

That makes 3 Waterford people including me. Hillview rules!

Advertisement