Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rush Play the o2 Thurs 12th May!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AndyKiely

I got seated tickets myself. Damn glad I did too. Couldn't spend roughly 4 or more hours standing up. Not with my dodgey knee. Feck it anyway. Most likely their first and last time in Ireland as well, I'm more than happy to pay for the best seats to see one of the best bands going!

Well delighted with my seats:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

AndyKiely wrote: »
    . Most likely their first and last time in Ireland as well, I'm more than happy to pay for the best seats to see one of the best bands going!

Hopefully you're wrong on that part but i fear you're probably right. Can't complain too much mind, at least they finally came, and on an incredible tour as well. Just glad I get to see them at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Listening to caravan and bu2b and like them a lot.
    Especially the latter nice kick into the song really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Very much so. For many rock fans, this is the equivalent of a Papal Visit!

Suggest you check out the Rush movie 'Beyond the Lighted Stage' http://www.filmjunk.com/2010/06/18/rush-beyond-the-lighted-stage-review/

I'll admit I'm not the biggest Metallica fan, but this movie is the exact opposite of the tragedy that is 'Some Kind of Lobster'.

Just arrived... lovin it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Any chance they'll deviate from their current setlist? The Trees is my favourite Rush song, and it's not on the list :( Very excited for this gig! Rush... They are living legends. I mean, Neil Peart, just wow!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,208 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Any chance they'll deviate from their current setlist? The Trees is my favourite Rush song, and it's not on the list :( Very excited for this gig! Rush... They are living legends. I mean, Neil Peart, just wow!!!

Whatever bout changing the setlist, but if they were to play the Trees it'd be immense. I'd nearly imagine it to be similar to Porcupine Tree, where they'll play a few more "hits" instead as haven't been here in so long/ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,689 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Mushy wrote: »
    I'd nearly imagine it to be similar to Porcupine Tree, where they'll play a few more "hits" instead as haven't been here in so long/ever!

I agree. But considering the existing show is chock full o' crowd-pleasers anyway, what would/could/should they drop from the established set list to make way for, as you put it, more "hits" for a debut Irish crowd? I'd need to go away and think about this...

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

I agree. But considering the existing show is chock full o' crowd-pleasers anyway, what would/could/should they drop from the established set list to make way for, as you put it, more "hits" for a debut Irish crowd? I'd need to go away and think about this...

Yeah there is always that. New album to promote, so songs from that, all of Moving Pictures, few other hits, some rarities...ah screw it, just add in The Trees:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

Whats block G like for the view of the stage? Missed out on block D!! I agree with other posters that The Trees would be a welcome addition to the setlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭RayCon

I dont Rush are going to deviate away from whatever setlist they decide upon for this leg of the Time Machine tour, to make a "hit rich" setlist just for Ireland lads ... dream on.

although if we're compiling requests mines an "Analogue Kid" thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

Of course they wont but you cant blame us for just mentioning a few songs we wish would be on the setlist.

Anyway got tickets for block G so I'm happy out!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Deplasterer

Ticketmaster have released some more standing tickets this morning, if anyone requires some, cheapest tickets going for the gig too. Totally unfair this, as I know people who took seats but would have prefered to have stood, no wonder they are called Ticketbast**d!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

So far, i know 62 people coming from the UK, Holland and Finland for this. I'm doing Dublin, Manchester, Newcastle and Birmingham.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Baggio1

Galway ,,,,,,,,,,,goood stuff all yur buddies coming back again :) by the way we in Never Say Die are trying to organise an After gig -gig after the Rush show somewhere in Dublin, we'll probably have as many as 6 Rush tracks in the set,,,, so bring yur pals along,, you knoooowwww how good we lay it down bro ;)

will let ya know if its happening will be a heck of a night all along

ciao' for now....Baggio....

Baggio1 wrote: »
    Galway ,,,,,,,,,,,goood stuff all yur buddies coming back again :) by the way we in Never Say Die are trying to organise an After gig -gig after the Rush show somewhere in Dublin, we'll probably have as many as 6 Rush tracks in the set,,,, so bring yur pals along,, you knoooowwww how good we lay it down bro ;)

will let ya know if its happening will be a heck of a night all along

ciao' for now....Baggio....

Give me the details asap.;)

will do amigo , leave it with me for a few days :)

Baggio1 wrote: »
    will do amigo , leave it with me for a few days :)

Might have some news on something special happening that day. A work in progress with an official approved backing.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭seanin4711

galwayrush wrote: »
    Might have some news on something special happening that day. A work in progress with an official approved backing.:cool:

please do keep us posted!!!

goood stuff galway keep me informed amigo ahahh me still trying to organise after gig - gig see what happens :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭RayCon

Approx 3 1/2 months to go ....... :cool:

Too early for a countdown ?:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

I spoke to a friend of mine in Ticketmaster yesterday. He checked the system, and says there are only about 200 of the lower tier tickets still available , he says the standing is completely sold out, so all thats really left are the attic seats .Great news to know the Boys have sold the venue so well. Can't wait for the 12th

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Dayglo

I had a dream about this gig last nite.....it was fantastic...Neil let me play his drum kit after the show.....

Roll on the 12th..Amen to that....
    I'll be air drumming my bloody head off...so help me God....

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Deplasterer

2 1/2 months till this spectacular show hits town, can't wait:D.

cant wait knew theyd more or less sell it out :) and great news is we in Never Say Die, will be gigging straight after it in fibbers 2 doing 6 RUSH tracks in the set, plus "le drum solo" :) will be one heck of a rocking night ,, cant wait rocking kings!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭AnalogueKid

Just two months to go! As a lifelong Rush fan, I really never thought they'd come to Ireland. Now that it looks likely that the o2 will be packed, it feels like such a vindication. It will be weird being in town on the 12th of May with hundreds of people walking around with Rush t-shirts on. Our day has finally come :D

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭RonyPonyBah

Can't wait to break out my moving pictures T !

Screen%20shot%202011-03-20%20at%2023.26.46.png

I got very excited bout this over the last few days....it will be incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,981 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The Time Machine tour kicks off again on Wednesday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

Iwas driving between Cootehill co cavan, and ballybay co monaghan at 6.59 this morning, preparing to listen to the Ian Dempsey show. A truley gorgeous morning, the sun starting to rise, shinning thru the mist on the lakes, and then!!!!!!!!!!an ad for Rush. Its a twisty road, and i nearly lost control i was so excited. I had to text the show, to say how much i was looking forward to the gig, and then 5 mins later, a pro Rush text gets read out !!!! what a start to the day

Advertisement