Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Map update

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Given the 2010 maps were released around this time last year, looking at the date of the OP, are the 2011 maps expected soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Gelena

Hi.
    I just bought my first gps - garmin nuvi 265WT and bought 8gb memory for it as well. I installed all the software for the computer. Then I decided to do upgrade maps. Download a file 3.5 gb, than i saw a msg, that it's not enough space and i need to choose some maps for upgrade.. but if u count external and internal memory together it would be ok for everything.. may be something wrong with a card.. Could you help me please...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Gelena wrote: »
    Hi.
    I just bought my first gps - garmin nuvi 265WT and bought 8gb memory for it as well. I installed all the software for the computer. Then I decided to do upgrade maps. Download a file 3.5 gb, than i saw a msg, that it's not enough space and i need to choose some maps for upgrade.. but if u count external and internal memory together it would be ok for everything.. may be something wrong with a card.. Could you help me please...

Do you have a memory card reader for your computer? Transferring maps that way is much quicker! Otherwise when you plug in your SatNav 2 devices should appear in My Computer. You have to ensure that you select the memory card and not the SatNav's internal memory and you'll be fine.

Thank you for advise. But when i download a file (.exe) it doesn't ask what i need to use. it starts to look for Garmin, but does not give me a choice to choose where i need to put these updates. Or, i just guess, updates can be installed only on Garmin but maps.... can be used a memory card. Am i right?

Gelena wrote: »
    Thank you for advise. But when i download a file (.exe) it doesn't ask what i need to use. it starts to look for Garmin, but does not give me a choice to choose where i need to put these updates. Or, i just guess, updates can be installed only on Garmin but maps.... can be used a memory card. Am i right?

Not sure to be honest! I use the MapSource to transfer the maps onto the Garmin.

• Advertisement

Now. I have a different problem. I did update a map but chose to do it for Europe only and now when i tried to chose Ireland in the beggining because i want to check some direction, I CAN'T! it looks like this map disappeared. i don't know what to do...

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭peking97

Noticed this evening that the 2011 Update is now available.
    2.2GB in size.

I've now downloaded it but apparently the file is corrupted!
    Anyone else experience this?

I've now read over on the Garmin forums that there is currently a problem with this update so save yourself some hassle and don't download it until they fix it.

https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?t=7936

peking97 wrote: »
    Noticed this evening that the 2011 Update is now available.
    2.2GB in size.

I've now downloaded it but apparently the file is corrupted!
    Anyone else experience this?

I've now read over on the Garmin forums that there is currently a problem with this update so save yourself some hassle and don't download it until they fix it.

https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?t=7936

I think it's been pulled. I have 2010.10 on mine, went to upgrade there and it says I have the latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

testicle wrote: »
    I think it's been pulled. I have 2010.10 on mine, went to upgrade there and it says I have the latest.
    I'm pretty sure 2010.30 is the latest, that's what I have (I think!).

2011.10 is out, but was withdrawn, will be up again on Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

It's back up now according to pocketgps.com, not checked myself yet, connection too flakey at the moment.

It's back up now. Downloading as I type. It's 3.67GB in size.
    Let's hope it's the correct file this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭meercat

thanks peking .will try again

Just finished installing and all seems ok.

Same here. The M6 has been extended from Athlone to Ballinasloe from what I can tell...very disappointing!

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭eirman

Is the new Liffey bridge there ?

eirman wrote: »
    Is the new Liffey bridge there ?

Er, I dunno! Tell me where exactly to look and I'll throw up a screenshot!

EDIT: Nope!

2vte178.png

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭scunermac

Has anyone noticed if any of the new motorways (M9 for example) are included in this? How about the new Bridge in Waterford?

scunermac wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed if any of the new motorways (M9 for example) are included in this? How about the new Bridge in Waterford?

It has the start of the M9 just past Kilcullen. I'm not familiar with Waterford to know where the new bridge is though!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GiftGrub100

Not directly related the 2010 map update but I have a safety camera subscription for the UK on my Garmin and I have noticed that it has now switched to Cyclops UK & Ireland and when driving around the safety camera logo now comes up on certain streets (on the road near Lamb Doyles between Leopardstown shopping centre and Marlay Park that crosses over the M50 is one), does anyone else have this system, it was great in the UK the last few visits, would be super for Ireland if accurate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

I use the www.pocketgps.co.uk camera database (both UK and international) which is reckoned to be the most accurate and upto date, costs £19pa. There is a handy app in the Garmin forum on that site that automatically downloads the updates (every 7-10 days) and transfers them to your Garmin.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Is it worth nobbling the ifix date on my new Nuvi (theiving scrotes got the old one) to get this or will I stick with 2010.30 and leave my free update for 2011.11/.20?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Garmin update 2011.10b available for download past few days, lifetime update or download once

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭scunermac

I just updated my Nuvi 1340 last night with the latest maps, 2011b. Took 5 hours to download and another half hour to install. All went well and the device is fully updated now. No problems to report here.

I noticed one or 2 small road updates on my way from Laois to Waterford this morning, but sadly the new road and Suir Bridge outside Waterford are still missing. I guess it was just too much to ask for those to be updated on such short notice. Ah well, maybe the next update with have them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭buzzard

HI there, this may sound a stupid question but when I download the map update I keep getting an error message when the file is extracted. Do I copy it onto the SD card or then extract or can anyone tell me the process

Thanks,

Are you downloading the 2011.10B file?
    There was an extraction problem with the original file.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭buzzard

Was downloading the corret file but I have got it working. It worked on my laptop which has Windows 7 but wouldn't work on the PC with XP

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I've alraddy installed 2011,10, is there any need for me to go back and get 2011.10b?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 97 ✭✭burrenyoga

Does the new Garmin update have the M6 from Athlone to Galway ?

By the way, i signed up on Garmin to receive an email whenever an update becomes available, but did not receive any notification.

Did anyone else receive a notification from Garmin letting them know that an update was available to download?

Thanks,
    Dave

• Advertisement

burrenyoga wrote: »
    Does the new Garmin update have the M6 from Athlone to Galway ?

By the way, i signed up on Garmin to receive an email whenever an update becomes available, but did not receive any notification.

Did anyone else receive a notification from Garmin letting them know that an update was available to download?

Thanks,
    Dave

Here.

Advertisement