Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garmin Map update

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Bogman here but cant log in as my new password has been sent to an old email address, patiently waiting to be reunited with it lol
    Yes indeed, updated my maps 2 days ago, had to make space on the 550 Zumo by clearing unwanted language files

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi Bogman (Charles) once the account issues are sorted you could possibly request your accounts to be merged. If you need any help you can post in Feedback .
    How do you find the new Garmin Maps? Anything still missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Hi koolkid, did that yesterday, thinks will eventually be sorted, must be lots of problems to be solved, not been out with the GPS yet so no idea how the new maps play out, will let u know after the weekend, I have the lifetime maps and this is my 3rs or 4th update, good value no doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Just updated there for the first time since 2008 :P

I'm a bit disappointed that it doesn't have the completed M6 on it, hopefully soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭cc

It may of been posted before, but If anyone wants to see the latest map before they buy click below. Noticed also they have the Fermoy to Mitchelstown section of the M8 mapped now, but they still have the the section from the J.L Tunnel to Watergrasshill listed as the N8 even though that got reclassified as motorway last summer/autumn. I guess the last bits of the M6 opened a bit too soon to be included.

http://www8.garmin.com/cgi-bin/mapgen/webmap.cgi?p=144179201&l=0&u=1&v=0&cp=7179CCF1AE7EAF75&z=14&x=240&y=270&w=480&h=360&d=0&rz=0&k=1&sc=1

• Advertisement

cc wrote: »
    It may of been posted before, but If anyone wants to see the lastest map before they buy click below. Noticed also they have the Fermoy to Mitchelstown section of the M8 mapped now but they still have the the section from the J.L Tunnell to Watergrasshill listed as the N8 even though that got reclassified as motorway last summer/autumn. I guess the last bits of the M6 opened a bit too soon to be inlcluded.

http://www8.garmin.com/cgi-bin/mapgen/webmap.cgi?p=144179201&l=0&u=1&v=0&cp=7179CCF1AE7EAF75&z=14&x=240&y=270&w=480&h=360&d=0&rz=0&k=1&sc=1

Yeah, I assumed as much but, I still had hope :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭garydubh

Just to remind all that road changes in updates are not instantaneous - it all takes time. In addition, all users must be prepared to report errors and ommissions thenselves to assist - have a read here posted 1 year ago:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055451502

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭cord

I have a Garmin NUVI 760 and am just updating to the next set of maps, City Navigator Europe NT 2010.30, Deluxe All Regions, Jan 10. Problem is, even though I have cleared off all the excess extra voices etc, I still haven't enough space for all regions. It asks me to decide on what area I want, I want all areas!!! Any ideas, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭peking97

AFAIK all you can do is either insert an appropriate SD card or decide to omit some mapping. There's a good forum here on the Nuvi's...

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=172

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭eirman

cord wrote: »
    even though I have cleared off all the excess extra voices etc, I still haven't enough space for all regions. It asks me to decide on what area I want, I want all areas!!! Any ideas, please.

On the latest version you now have three choices during setup ...

1) Recommended - Default setup

2) Advanced - Choose Location

3) Skip PC Map installation and update the GPS only

So put in the largest sd card that the 760 will take (I think it's 4gig) and choose option 2 during installation.
    If that doesn't work, use mapsource to put on as many reigions as will fit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭cord

Thanks peking97 and eirman, I deleted some of the foreign help text and the update fitted, until the next update!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭brk3

Does anyone know if this contains the new M6 Dublin to Galway?

brk3 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if this contains the new M6 Dublin to Galway?

Stops at Athlone.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭brk3

Excuse my ignorance, but basically am driving from Galway to Dublin today and am wondering if I stick it in on my Garmin with latest maps, will it take me on the old N6 route, or are you saying the M6 but only to Athlone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

Excuse my ignorance, but basically am driving from Galway to Dublin today and am wondering if I stick it in on my Garmin with latest maps, will it take me on the old N6 route, or are you saying the M6 but only to Athlone?

Just resign yourself to the fact that sometimes YOU will know best. Times are hard but they are still putting big signs on motorways ;).

It will only tell you the "right" way from Athlone on. Jump on the motorway at the Galway clinic and ignore the fact that you're driving through a field!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

cc wrote: »
    It may of been posted before, but If anyone wants to see the latest map before they buy click below. Noticed also they have the Fermoy to Mitchelstown section of the M8 mapped now, but they still have the the section from the J.L Tunnel to Watergrasshill listed as the N8 even though that got reclassified as motorway last summer/autumn. I guess the last bits of the M6 opened a bit too soon to be included.

Last week's Navigon update was the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Strasser

I got a nuvi 765 to replace my nuvi 300 bought in 2006. I thought I might be able to transfer the new map I got with the 765 to the 300 as well and give it to the wife but it appears not, when I have the 300 connected mapsource won't allow me select any part of the map to transfer. Is that correct or am I doing something wrong? Both devices are registered on "my garmin" but the new mapsource is on a different computer to the one I used on 2006.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Maps are matched to the device they were purchased for.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Strasser

koolkid wrote: »
    Maps are matched to the device they were purchased for.

Thanks, thought as much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

Got a pressie of a nuvi 1310 yesterday and i have a query.
    The unit is uk and ireland, however i can change country to france, holland and a few more. But im missing spain portugal. im confused
    map info says CN Europe NT 2010.10 [ 1] Uk & Ireland

why have i some european maps?? and not others

You can probobly select other European countries , but have you tried browsing the map & zooming into these. Probobly only a base map.
    According to Garmin coverage includes Great Britain, the Isle of Man, the Channel Islands, and major cities in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

I have a nuvi 760 purchased in 2007 and not updated since. Is it worth spending the €80? I will be travelling to Dublin city from Donegal a couple of times a month for the rest of the year. I don't know the city to start with and am also wondering if the maps are up to date with all the recent changes in and around the city.

Also, the 760 is not listed as a compatible lifetime update product, but models below and above the 760 are listed. Will the lifetime update definitely not work on my model?

There have been a lot of changes around Dublin since 2007. Definitly worth the upgrade ,especially if you plan using the M50 with the new intersections at the Red Cow & Lucan Intersections.
    If Garmin are listing the 760 as not compatible with the lifetime update product there is no reason to presume that it would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

shayser wrote: »
    I have a nuvi 760 purchased in 2007 and not updated since. Is it worth spending the €80? I will be travelling to Dublin city from Donegal a couple of times a month for the rest of the year. I don't know the city to start with and am also wondering if the maps are up to date with all the recent changes in and around the city.

Also, the 760 is not listed as a compatible lifetime update product, but models below and above the 760 are listed. Will the lifetime update definitely not work on my model?

According to memoryc the lifetime update is compatable with the full Nuvi range here is the link http://www.memoryc.com/gpsnavigation/maps/garminnumapslifetimeeurope.html
    So I'd maybe email either memoryc or garmin just to double check

According to memoryc the lifetime update is compatable with the full Nuvi range here is the link http://www.memoryc.com/gpsnavigation/maps/garminnumapslifetimeeurope.html
    So I'd maybe email either memoryc or garmin just to double check
    Bugger! Checked again and you are right. Just bought the one-off update. :(

I'm doing the update at the moment. The updater is saying that I don't have enough space on my device, please select a region to update. If I chose UK/Ireland can I rerun the updater and select another region e.g., northern Europe?

Would a 4GB SD card take the full update?

Yes . Yes you should get all onto 4gb card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hi all,

Could someone tell me whats the latest version number for the garmin maps?

Advertisement