Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Avengers: Endgame [** SPOILERS FROM POST 613 **]

Comments

had the pleasure of being at a recent secret screening of this and to see Galactus destroy everyone in the end was a real sight to behold.. amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Loughc wrote: »
    That’s amazing. I wonder what the next major story arc will be. Any rumblings?

It's vague/non-spoilery for a synopsis, haven't seen anything about the next major arc, probably find that out after Far From Home. Speaking of Far From Home, Tom Holland did tease something for Monday morning/afternoon here in Ireland.......

Did see something about
    X-Men being reset/recast
    Deadpool will stay as he is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

That’s amazing. I wonder what the next major story arc will be. Any rumblings?
    Jaysus, can we not wait to see this one finished before we start looking for spoilers for the next 22 movies!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    It's vague/non-spoilery for a synopsis, haven't seen anything about the next major arc, probably find that out after Far From Home. Speaking of Far From Home, Tom Holland did tease something for Monday morning/afternoon here in Ireland.......

Did see something about
    X-Men being reset/recast
    Deadpool will stay as he is
    Id be happy enough to recast x-men aside from Xavier/magneto

As for where the next ARC goes
    I think Galactus will be the next big bad down the line. Silver Surfer in between probably. Seeds are also set for secret invasion if they go that route

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

daily-afternoon-randomness-49-photos-16-6.jpg?quality=85&strip=info&w=650

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Johnmb wrote: »
    Jaysus, can we not wait to see this one finished before we start looking for spoilers for the next 22 movies!

Not looking for spoilers just peoples theories and thoughts on what's coming next if anything is! Lots of places reporting saying there won't be a major overall arc connecting the next phrases.

Opting for smaller interactions throughtout the movies instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,721 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Not looking for spoilers just peoples theories and thoughts on what's coming next if anything is! Lots of places reporting saying there won't be a major overall arc connecting the next phrases.

Opting for smaller interactions throughtout the movies instead.

Whatever it is, you can be sure that there'll be a whole lot of movie$ coming down the line.

Pretty much everything Marvel puts out nowadays is a box office smash and returns a handsome profit for them. So they're not going to want to let that go, especially while they are the hottest ticket in town.

Sadly this story has to end, but I'm sure they have many many more movies in the pipeline, so everyone wins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Sadly this story has to end, but I'm sure they have many many more movies in the pipeline, so everyone wins.

Except DC

Pter wrote: »
    Except DC

I've tried, honestly, I've tried watching a few of them, and I've either turned them off, or fell asleep, or given myself a confusion headache watching them!!

Yet with the Marvel MCU, I could watch any film anytime its on, and thoroughly enjoy it!!

(Iron Man 3 - Tonight on BBC1 - 10:35pm)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,603 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Excellent. If they need 3 hours to tell the story I'm delighted they are being given that time instead of worrying about fitting in more screenings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

How do we know that’s after the snappening? I know Feige said it picks up minutes but the main plot could take place before Infinity War.

Pretty sure that homecoming is after the snap reversal. The theory that they're on a bus back from Europe is put into doubt when Spiderman meets Stark in his fight against Cull Obsidian (Black Dwarf)
    Spoderman wrote:
    Hey, Man.
    What's up, Mr.Stark?
    Tony Stank wrote:
    Kid, where'd you come from?
    Spoderman wrote:
    A field trip to MoMA.

The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) is an art museum located in Midtown Manhattan, New York City, on 53rd Street between Fifth and Sixth Avenues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,586 ✭✭✭brevity

Does anyone know when the cinemas start letting people buy tickets for the midnight shows?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

brevity wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the cinemas start letting people buy tickets for the midnight shows?

No idea, I'd reckon they'll start selling them in the next few days though.

I dont think I'll do a midnight showing myself but will certainly go Friday night and avoid the internet for the day. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,218 ✭✭✭✭Penn

All the Avengers (and Jon Favreau) posting character posters on Twitter with "Avenge the Fallen" on them

Example
    https://twitter.com/RobertDowneyJr/status/1110572366772330496

• Advertisement

Not that the film needs it, but I can see the marketing going into overdrive for the next few weeks.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Not that the film needs it, but I can see the marketing going into overdrive for the next few weeks.

TV spots are always the worst. Trailers can give away too much information at times, but I find TV spots to be far worse as they make so many different ones with some new footage each time that you end up being able to piece together way too much. I generally try to avoid those as much as possible (though headlines from sites on Twitter always give an unwanted spoilery recap of them).

Penn wrote: »
    All the Avengers (and Jon Favreau) posting character posters on Twitter with "Avenge the Fallen" on them

Example
    https://twitter.com/RobertDowneyJr/status/1110572366772330496

Interestingly, Tom Hiddlestone has also posted a "Avenge the Fallen" poster as Loki.

EDIT : Nevermind, seems like every one has a poster, theres at least 32 posters I've seen, ranging from Loki to Pepper Potts.

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Cotts72

brevity wrote: »

Waiting to find this out myself aswell! Did it last year will defo go again this year! Would love if we got some cool merchandise in theatres like the states

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Interestingly, Tom Hiddlestone has also posted a "Avenge the Fallen" poster as Loki.

EDIT : Nevermind, seems like every one has a poster, theres at least 32 posters I've seen, ranging from Loki to Pepper Potts.

He was still killed by Thanos wanting to do his bidding, wasn't snapped but still needs to be avenged

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,250 ✭✭✭✭flazio

None for Clark Gregg though shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I seriously hope we get no more information than we’ve got so far. With 4 weeks left I’m happy to now ignore any new trailers and promotional spots.

I’m going to take the day off work and go at mid day during the week so that I’m wide awake and I can digest it for the rest of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

There's a Valkyrie poster, has she been confirmed to appear in this? Did I miss that?

GSPfan wrote: »
    I seriously hope we get no more information than we’ve got so far. With 4 weeks left I’m happy to now ignore any new trailers and promotional spots.

I’m going to take the day off work and go at mid day during the week so that I’m wide awake and I can digest it for the rest of the day.

Anyone else planning on seeing it either at a midnight showing or primetime Friday night? Spoilers will be everywhere and damn near impossible to avoid all of them, the crowds might be mad the first couple nights but I’d much rather deal with that than have something major such as a death spoiled

Seems like the posters in colour are those who survived, the ones in monochrome are the fallen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Anyone else planning on seeing it either at a midnight showing or primetime Friday night? Spoilers will be everywhere and damn near impossible to avoid all of them, the crowds might be mad the first couple nights but I’d much rather deal with that than have something major such as a death spoiled

I'm intending to go Friday during the day, and will take the day off work (can work up time so won't come from holidays)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

First confirmation that Shuri was snapped so from those images

You’d wonder why she wasn’t shown as snapped in Infinity War

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭ThePott

First confirmation that Shuri was snapped so from those images

You’d wonder why she wasn’t shown as snapped in Infinity War

People keep saying this but in one of the trailers we see Shuri on the screen Banner is looking at so I've assumed she was snapped since then.

Apparently exactly half the posters they put out are for the fallen :)

So according to Chris Evans who has seen the first hour of the forthcoming Endgame,in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, he had this to say..
    I wish I could. Uh, it’s — I mean — it’s a good one. It’s a real good one. I saw, like, the first hour of it.

Man. This one’s really good. I choked up like three times.

• Advertisement

Chinese poster for Endgame is spectacular

https://twitter.com/gavinfeng97/status/1111297878813622272?s=19

Holy ****, that is actually spectacular.

Valkyrie is on it?!

Valkyrie is on it?!

Ya, the lack of Loki on the poster but the face he was on the Marvel individual posters has me perplexed as to how they'll deal with his death as it was before the snap.

Same goes for other background characters like Korg and Heimdall.

Ya, the lack of Loki on the poster but the face he was on the Marvel individual posters has me perplexed as to how they'll deal with his death as it was before the snap.

Same goes for other background characters like Korg and Heimdall.

Is that not Loki between Fury and Starlord??

Is that not Loki between Fury and Starlord??

Gamora, I think.

Gamora, I think.
    Gamora is to the right, between Fury and Spidey. Heimdall is two down to the right from her too I think?

Oh no, it's Wanda

I think the dusted row is

Shuri (BP), Vision, Winter solider, Black Panther??, Mantis, Starlord, Scarlett Witch , Fury, Gamora, Spiderman, No idea ?? , Strange, Drax, Groot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I think the dusted row is

Shuri (BP), Vision, Winter solider, Black Panther??, Mantis, Starlord, Scarlett Witch , Fury, Gamora, Spiderman, No idea ?? , Strange, Drax, Groot

Shuri, Vision, Winter solider, Black Panther, Mantis, Starlord, Scarlett Witch, Fury, Gamora, Spiderman, Falcon, Strange, Drax, Groot

Ah Falcon, hes sh*te anyway.

Wont be missed. :pac:

Wong is there :D (so we still have wizardry)

I was wondering about him, and also what about the other wizard from Doctor Strange, Karl Mordo (with his post credits scene), will he be in it, as a goodie or baddie?

Or is he a future villain in another Doctor Strange movie?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Even though it happened offscreen I'll be disappointed if I don't see Banner react to Betty Ross' dusting. Need a scene between him and General Ross as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭ThePott

Even though it happened offscreen I'll be disappointed if I don't see Banner react to Betty Ross' dusting. Need a scene between him and General Ross as well.

Prepare to be disappointed, no chance of that at all IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

That would have been a great catalyst to get the Hulk back again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

The anticipation is killing me. For the love of God release the tickets so i can book them!

ThePott wrote: »
    Prepare to be disappointed, no chance of that at all IMO

Not even a little scene with the General going off on a bitter rant at Banner? :o

Just tired of Banner existing to serve other stories. Infinity War was Ruffalo's worst performance in the MCU by a mile for me where he was reduced to comic relief and exposition.

I want to see Banner at least acknowledge that he had a life before he joined The Avengers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

Tazzimus wrote: »
    That would have been a great catalyst to get the Hulk back again.

I disagree. That will be pretty poor reason and will ruin the character development finale the movie is building up to. The Hulk simply does not care one tiny bit about the personal life of Banner. The only relationship (for now...) those two have is that they happen to share the same body.

Thor Ragnarok showed us that the Hulk is an actual person with his own feelings, needs and desires. He enjoyed being the center of attention in the arena and it's clear that he isn't just some monster that "HULK SMASH" things indiscriminately. There is an intelligence to him and this is why he (Hulk) struggles against the "Sun’s getting real low" lullaby. He does not want to give up control.

The reason Hulk is not coming out is because he feels that he is only wanted when something needs to be smashed and after he is done smashing he gets stuffed back into the box without even so much as a thank you.

That romantic angle is long gone no? It's between Banner and Black Widow now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I think the reason the Hulk is sulking is because his mentality only really ages when he emerges - thus he has quite an instinctual mentality (smash, attack etc etc) initially (think as if he were a caveman dropped into the middle of a lab or city or what have you), but as he emerges more and more, he learns and grows and adapts. However, all in, he has only been 'out' as the personality with his hands on the steering wheel for a handful of years (with the bulk of that off screen leading up to his appearance in Ragnarok.

What we saw in IW was the reaction of a mix of that caveman mentality mixed with a child's mentality, so when he is being pushed around and told what to do (ie pop out to fight), he reacts in a sulky irrational manner.

I think that kind of compliments what you are saying there Zyron. I dont know if its true; and i dont know if we will ever really find out.
    I can imagine someone bridging a gap between the two at some stage in the movie, even as a temporary or accidental measure (thus giving us The Professor).

That romantic angle is long gone no? It's between Banner and Black Widow now.

It's not just about the romantic angle. If TIH is still canon which it is meant to be then Betty means a whole lot more to Banner than just being a romantic interest.

As I said already I just want to see them acknowledge that Banner had a life before he joined the Avengers.

From a story perspective it made sense that Rhodey concealed Banner when speaking to General Ross in IW however I hope there's at least a brief clash there post snap. There's no reason why there shouldn't be if they're trying to combine all available resources to rebuild the world post snap.

• Advertisement
Advertisement