Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Avengers: Endgame [** SPOILERS FROM POST 613 **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,968 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Robots are people too, y'know. And y'know, Thor is Asrardian. He should have gone for his head. And when Bucket Crunderdunder makes a vow he keeps it 'cos...... 'cos........ GOD!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Wild speculation based on nothing but a hunch, but ill spoiler tag it anyway.
    Look we all know that Thanos was trying to depopulate the galaxy so that Galactus doesnt wake up. So he was doing the Galaxy a favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭abcabc123123

Pter wrote: »
    It was Peter Quill's fault. They had it off him and then Quill started to emote.
    True. Burn his ashes.

Wild speculation based on nothing but a hunch, but ill spoiler tag it anyway.
    Look we all know that Thanos was trying to depopulate the galaxy so that Galactus doesnt wake up. So he was doing the Galaxy a favour.

Hah, wouldn't that be a killer post-credit sting alright.

On that, actually, most of the credit sequences were building up to Infinity War/Endgame. So what now? What's Phase 4? (3?)

Well they have the rights to FF and that cadre of characters now, dont they? Id imagine thats the longer term plan rather than rushing mutants into it. Something along the lines of the silver surfer rounding the curvature of Mars and looking on at Earth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭abcabc123123

True. Burn his ashes.
    Although, actually, would the Avengers have been able to kill him once they got the gauntlet off? Maybe he'd just have beaten them up and put it back on anyway...

Although, actually, would the Avengers have been able to kill him once they got the gauntlet off? Maybe he'd just have beaten them up and put it back on anyway...

Dr Strange portals it away, jobs a gud'un.

Spiderman swings away with it, jobs a gud'un.

Iron Man flies away with it, jobs a gud'un.

Drax puts it on, stands so still that he isnt visible to Thanos, jobs a gud'un.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,155 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Just have Wong pop in do the teleportation portal that removed Cull Obsidians hand. Job done in 5 seconds.

Yep.....
    Starlord, me b0llox!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

It was Peter Quill's fault. They had it off him and then Quill started to emote.
    I was watching it the other day, and I have to say, Tony was most at fault. Despite Quill hitting Thanos and starting to revive him, Peter (Parker) had the gauntlet off as far as the fingertips. If Tony had just focused on helping Peter instead of stopping Quill, they'd have had it!

One thing that has puzzled me since I first saw it, that maybe someone here can tell me what I missed:
    Thor says Thanos killed half his people, but at the end of Ragnarok all the surviving Asgardians were on that ship, which Thanos completely destroyed at the start of IW. What did I miss? How did he only kill half the Asgardians, and not them all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Acosta

Johnmb wrote: »
    I was watching it the other day, and I have to say, Tony was most at fault. Despite Quill hitting Thanos and starting to revive him, Peter (Parker) had the gauntlet off as far as the fingertips. If Tony had just focused on helping Peter instead of stopping Quill, they'd have had it!

One thing that has puzzled me since I first saw it, that maybe someone here can tell me what I missed:
    Thor says Thanos killed half his people, but at the end of Ragnarok all the surviving Asgardians were on that ship, which Thanos completely destroyed at the start of IW. What did I miss? How did he only kill half the Asgardians, and not them all?

A bunch of them including Tessa Thompson must have got away on the ship they nicked from Jeff Goldblum

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭paulbok

Acosta wrote: »
    A bunch of them including Tessa Thompson must have got away on the ship they nicked from Jeff Goldblum

Plus Korg and Meek (?)

Acosta wrote: »
    No way they fit half of them on that ship!

Johnmb wrote:
    No way they fit half of them on that ship!

Could be escape pods too. You are right....But id imagine it's easily explained or going to be redundant.

Could be escape pods too. You are right....But id imagine it's easily explained or going to be redundant.
    I'm sure it would be easily explained. A scene of loads of escape pods shooting off into space would do it. But from the responses given, I assume that no answer was actually given, and it's not a case of me missing the scene.
    It could also have been in Ragnarok, if there was a second large ship, but I'm pretty sure I didn't miss that!

You didn't forget anything anyway. We all missed some of the action that took place between Ragnarok and IW. IW lands after the ship has been boarded and, presumably, after the escapees have escaped. We are all speculating as far as I know.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

paulbok wrote: »
    Plus Korg and Meek (?)

If Korg (& Miek) shows up in Endgame, I think the reveal will almost be on a par with Thor’s arrival in Wakanda.

They were brilliant in Ragnarok.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

A mate just sent me a pic on WhatsApp; the spoilery leaked merchandise images that have been doing the rounds. No warning. Nothing. Prick!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Russo Brothers confirmed on Twitter this evening that the final edit of the film is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,286 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Reports out there that Disney have screened Endgame today to some shareholders and leaks are starting to appear on line.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Reports out there that Disney have screened Endgame today to some shareholders and leaks are starting to appear on line.

Any leak on the runtime?

Loughc wrote: »
    Any leak on the runtime?

No as soon as I saw what I was reading I stopped and clicked out.

I don’t want to see anything even if it’s wrong.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

No as soon as I saw what I was reading I stopped and clicked out.

I don’t want to see anything even if it’s wrong.

Yea I don’t blame you!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,810 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Mid credits scene in Captain Marvel looks to taken from Endgame.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

flazio wrote: »
    Mid credits scene in Captain Marvel looks to taken from Endgame.

Lemmy take a wild guess,
    the shot in the Endgame trailer where they are all outside the Avengers compound, it's an out of shot Captain Marvel they are looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Lemmy take a wild guess,
    the shot in the Endgame trailer where they are all outside the Avengers compound, it's an out of shot Captain Marvel they are looking at?

Nope! The scene isn't in any of the trailers.

New Trailer.

Not watching it myself.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

There's not that much new footage, they use a lot from previous films; what footage is new is mostly atmosphere setting. There's one small scene with Captain Marvel.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,010 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

So freaking hype.

Confirmation of a few pieces
    Tony and Nebula getting back to earth.
    Interesting that Cap Marvel isn't in that suit scene, but is in the trailer.

Absolutely love the repeated 'Whatever It Takes'.

And ABSOLUTELY LOVE the Captain America shield shot/battle face. TEAM EFFING CAP BABY!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

New Trailer.

Not watching it myself.

Yup, don't watch it. There's very little new in it TBH, and it mostly just plays on the journeys of the original Avengers to where they are now, but there's one shot towards the end that's a big spoiler.

Advertisement