Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

23-10-2017, 19:17   #61

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...g-phoenix-suns

Bledsoe on the way out now. I don't know where the trade comes from though.

I thought back to the Clippers but I don't think they have any assets.
Advertisement
24-10-2017, 02:47   #62
K.O.Kiki

Ben Simmons just recorded a 21-12-10 triple double, 72.7 FG%
Joel Embiid 30pts, 9 rebounds, 2 steals, +21 plus-minus.

TRUST THE PROCESS.
24-10-2017, 08:19   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.Kiki View Post
Ben Simmons just recorded a 21-12-10 triple double, 72.7 FG%
Joel Embiid 30pts, 9 rebounds, 2 steals, +21 plus-minus.

TRUST THE PROCESS.
Assuming there is no injury he wins ROY at his ease.
First rookie since Blake to make the all star team looks a possibility if he can continue to play anything close to this.
24-10-2017, 12:01   #64
ButtersSuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by brady23 View Post
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...g-phoenix-suns

Bledsoe on the way out now. I don't know where the trade comes from though.

I thought back to the Clippers but I don't think they have any assets.
Denver most likely destination. They need a PG and were almost at a deal int he summer apparently.
24-10-2017, 17:27   #65
NufcNavan

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...bulls-downfall

An excellent read on the demise of the Chicago Bulls.
Advertisement
25-10-2017, 09:21   #66
2smiggy

great to see the 2 young jay's stepping up for the celtics. A real shame Hayward got injured, could have been a great season. Might still be yet !!
(2) thanks from:
25-10-2017, 10:08   #67
nerd69

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2smiggy View Post
great to see the 2 young jay's stepping up for the celtics. A real shame Hayward got injured, could have been a great season. Might still be yet !!
I mean if you come out of the season with then looking like they could be future all-stars plus Kyre plus Hayward coming back it'd be hard to be unhappy that's some core to build around
(3) thanks from:
25-10-2017, 14:27   #68
Paully D

Quote:
Originally Posted by NufcNavan View Post
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...bulls-downfall

An excellent read on the demise of the Chicago Bulls.
Thanks for that.

Aside from the Rose injury, the key for me was dismantling the Bench Mob because, as always, they were too mean to go into the luxury tax despite being a contender. That and the absolute joke of a front office who have made shocking decision after shocking decision after shocking decision after shocking decision.

It's going to be a long, long way back.
25-10-2017, 14:56   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd69 View Post
I mean if you come out of the season with then looking like they could be future all-stars plus Kyre plus Hayward coming back it'd be hard to be unhappy that's some core to build around
They definitely look like long term prospects that you're happy to build around as they fit quite well with Irving and Haywards timeline.

I wasn't a fan of the Horford move at the time and I'm still not. He's excellent in the regular season and does so many great things but he just doesn't play well in the post season.
Celtics have two more years after this season ending at 30m. The salary cap hasn't risen as high as originally projected so his contract is going to be tough to move given he's never opting out of his player option.

I think finding a suitor for his contract while freeing up some space could be a decent move. Imo without Hayward the Celtics aren't beating the Cavs and are potentially in trouble vs Wizards and Bucks. It wouldn't be popular but I think there is definite value in moving Horford and making a run at a younger big man. Perhaps you could make a deal with Horford and Cousins assuming Cousins agrees to sign long term
Thanks from:
Advertisement
25-10-2017, 15:10   #70
ButtersSuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd69 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brady23 View Post
They definitely look like long term prospects that you're happy to build around as they fit quite well with Irving and Haywards timeline.

I wasn't a fan of the Horford move at the time and I'm still not. He's excellent in the regular season and does so many great things but he just doesn't play well in the post season.
Celtics have two more years after this season ending at 30m. The salary cap hasn't risen as high as originally projected so his contract is going to be tough to move given he's never opting out of his player option.

I think finding a suitor for his contract while freeing up some space could be a decent move. Imo without Hayward the Celtics aren't beating the Cavs and are potentially in trouble vs Wizards and Bucks. It wouldn't be popular but I think there is definite value in moving Horford and making a run at a younger big man. Perhaps you could make a deal with Horford and Cousins assuming Cousins agrees to sign long term
It's early days but they're both looking good. Stephens seems to have a thing for 6'8"-ish quick and athletic (wings) guys who can play multiple positions. Seems like he wants to have a team of a PG and 4 of those.

Horford is very definitely the odd man out on a very young team, but for the reasons you say moving him isn't going to be easy.

I'd take Boogie in a heartbeat but by all accounts, the Celtics aren't keen on him from a chemistry perspective.

The rumours are/were that Hayward and particularly Kyrie were just stepping stones to landing Anthony Davis and creating another Big 3. How likely that ever was or is now that Hayward's injured remains to be seen. There's been a few podcasts about this recently (openfloor, Ringer NBA or maybe it was the Bill Simmons Pod) that are worth checking out. NO sounds like one badly run franchise.

I don't expect Davis to stay in NO at the end of his current contract, but he could go anywhere.
25-10-2017, 17:47   #71
ButtersSuki

Just watched last night's Top 10 Plays. Nice old-school Blake dunk in there. it's still very impressive but he doesn't look to be flying as high and the jump doesn't seem to be as explosive as it used to be.....not that I ever dunked like that of course!

25-10-2017, 17:48   #72
ButtersSuki

Small point....but the fricking size of the Nike swoosh logo on the new jerseys compared is at the point where it's practically distracting.
25-10-2017, 20:53   #73
rushfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtersSuki
Small point....but the fricking size of the Nike swoosh logo on the new jerseys compared is at the point where it's practically distracting.

There was a fair sized swoosh in the back of LeBron's jersey there recently too. I'd say Nike loved that!!
26-10-2017, 17:14   #74
gilberto_eire

Anyone see the end of the Thunder/Wolves game?.

Melo landed a 3 with 4 seconds to go to put them up 1 and then without any TOs left, Wiggins took the inbound dribbled over half court before hoisting an awkward looking/half contested jumper that banked in for the win.

Worth a watch back.
27-10-2017, 14:11   #75
ButtersSuki

Blake Griffin with a 3 to win it against Portland last night. Absolutely shocking, shocking defence both from an effort and a technical execution/fundamentals perspective from Portland though....I'd be annoyed if an U15 team played D that badly on a game on the line play.
Thread Closed