Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monaghan GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Any thoughts on tomorrows game ? Are down as bad as is said or is there a sting in the tail ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Monaghan should be winning this but will be a typically tight Ulster match. Close enough until 50 mins, then Monaghan pull away to win by 4-6 points. Bookies have it at 4 points, shouldn't be far away.

Monaghan should be winning this but will be a typically tight Ulster match. Close enough until 50 mins, then Monaghan pull away to win by 4-6 points. Bookies have it at 4 points, shouldn't be far away.

Good call apart from the final scoreline.
    Down should have been 4 or 5 up at halftime but for poor shooting .
    Hard to know where monaghan stand after the complete Down collapse in the 2nd half.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Bit of a shocker this evening. Was at the 2 Donegal matches and the performance after the 1st was poor. Lucky to get out off it with a replay. Replay, again lucky to be trailing by 2 at halftime, hard to watch the rest off the match. Giving away the ball, letting them run straight up the field etc.
    Was away for tonight's game but was following on Twitter. Down by 5 at a stage, then up by 3 at ht. What the hell happened?

Bit of a shocker this evening. Was at the 2 Donegal matches and the performance after the 1st was poor. Lucky to get out off it with a replay. Replay, again lucky to be trailing by 2 at halftime, hard to watch the rest off the match. Giving away the ball, letting them run straight up the field etc.
    Was away for tonight's game but was following on Twitter. Down by 5 at a stage, then up by 3 at ht. What the hell happened?

I only caught the 2nd half on northern sound radio.
    Monaghan had wide after wide it seems . Whether that was the breeze or just fatigue after 3 games in 3 weekends causing poor decisions i dont know.
    . A couple of longford players ( i forget their names ) seemed to have stand out games . Anyway season is over till the league , and at least we wont lose to tyrone in CP this year !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

Today we lose one off our true greats. I had the pleasure of playing some school ball with him in Largy and some great duels at club level. I hope your retirement from County brings you half as many day happiness as you have brought to the inhabitants of our small county in your 17 years service. A true gent Dick Clerkin

Go raibh agat

Muineachan abu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Superb player and a great servent for ye lads.

Good win today v Kerry
    Should make up for the Cavan game

Wins in castlebar and Kerry make that Cavan result hard to fathom. Playing some stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

cjmc wrote: »
    Good win today v Kerry
    Should make up for the Cavan game

fine win , didnt see it yet but that is two very impressive wins away from home , beware though didnt the rossies do the same last year and have not been the same since :eek: , i expect monaghan to be more grounded in there approach to the championship though

• Advertisement

There's a lot more to this Monaghan team I think. The biggest plus as was highlighted in the show this evening was the scores being shared around. Now I know himself was instrumental in the goals but nice for them to have different names on the score sheet. Makes Monaghan a much tougher team to defend against.

Delighted with the point v Donegal as I had thought we had lost by 3 till I saw the highlights show.
    I couldn't make out how good / bad either team was as it was a very very short coverage ,
    Sets up a chance to make a league final next game . In clones , albeit against Dublin. 😳

Article from GAA site about the development of the games in Monaghan

http://www.gaa.ie/features/feature/monaghan-remain-busy-planning-for-the-future/

Very very enjoyable game in Clones today . Thought we had it going 6 up but ....
    Also think Dublin should have went down a man to a straight red but I'll wait to the highlights to see if it was a clothesline challenge.
    Good game with mistakes from BOTH sides playing not to their full

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Very very enjoyable game in Clones today . Thought we had it going 6 up but ....
    Also think Dublin should have went down a man to a straight red but I'll wait to the highlights to see if it was a clothesline challenge.
    Good game with mistakes from BOTH sides playing not to their full

It was a great game, best I've seen in a long time. If Monaghan start playing to their potential from the AI Quarter Finals onwards they'll be a dangerous team for anyone to play. If the Connolly black card is the one you think was a red card then I'd say you're wrong, it was barely a yellow imo. Hit him at chest height.

It was a great game, best I've seen in a long time. If Monaghan start playing to their potential from the AI Quarter Finals onwards they'll be a dangerous team for anyone to play. If the Connolly black card is the one you think was a red card then I'd say you're wrong, it was barely a yellow imo. Hit him at chest height.

Think that's the one I meant ok . I thought it was neck high at the time but I'm sure the highlights will prove one way or another. Great game for both supporters, gave Monaghan fans something to cheer and Dublin the satisfaction of over coming a scare. :)

Just watched the replay and defo chest height tackle from Connolly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Lads, any of ye see Rory Beggan's point from play in the League this weekend?

Don't know whether it is class from Beggan or woeful from Clontibret! A bit of both perhaps.

One of the maddest things I've seen at Senior level in a long time.

Only have a Facebook link:

https://www.facebook.com/RiceLifestyle/videos/1223023991148856/

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Lads, any of ye see Rory Beggan's point from play in the League this weekend?

Don't know whether it is class from Beggan or woeful from Clontibret! A bit of both perhaps.

One of the maddest things I've seen at Senior level in a long time.

Only have a Facebook link:

https://www.facebook.com/RiceLifestyle/videos/1223023991148856/[/quot
    Bit mad alright

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭tanko

A man of many talents.

Have they found Pauric yet????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭tanko

Darren Hughes has been ruled out of the championship due to a knee injury. Huge loss for monaghan, he's a serious footballer.

tanko wrote: »
    Darren Hughes has been ruled out of the championship due to a knee injury. Huge loss for monaghan, he's a serious footballer.

A huge loss . Great footballer and very versatile.

Missed the game yesterday , but seems a second half bite knocked the wind out of Fermanagh. Handy enough win in the end .

Missed the game yesterday , but seems a second half bite knocked the wind out of Fermanagh. Handy enough win in the end .

Yeah Fermanagh were marginally the better team in the first half but once your forwards decided to play you rolled them over handy enough. Could have won by more but you eased up in the last ten minutes. Some fantastic scores.

:)) hung in there at the end

Anyone heading to Wexford. ?
    I'm expecting the win but not sure how good Wexford are , plus the Banty factor !

• Registered Users Posts: 16,732 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Monaghan facing the 059 next in Dr Cullen park.

Nalz wrote: »
    Monaghan facing the 059 next in Dr Cullen park.

With all due respect to Carlow it's the Best we could have hoped for

• Registered Users Posts: 16,732 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

With all due respect to Carlow it's the Best we could have hoped for

Agreed. We'll struggle against you lot. I hope we put on a similar or better performance to the one Vs Dublin and keep 15 on the field. Maybe then we can avoid a big defeat at the veey least and cap off a great year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Shaungoater

I have two free for this today if anyone wants them, I will be down there

Advertisement