Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smokers: Pack or Rollies?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Cathy_C

the_syco wrote: »
    filters

ugh! hate filters, they're weird..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,305 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Cathy_C wrote: »
    ugh! hate filters, they're weird..
    Ensure you use Swan or Rizla filters... the others are truely weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,946 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

the_syco wrote: »
    Ensure you use Swan or Rizla filters... the others are truely weird.

Super Slim filters are the way to go. The come in what looks like a 10 box of fags. Rizla are the best cause swan shrink when you smoke them and get f*cked by the end of the smoke, Rizla all the way.
    This post has been deleted.

never tried the bull brand but super slim are a must

I used to smoke fags but switched when I got over the change of tobacco. Golden Virginia for me. I get a legitimate supply of it from someone who works in aviation. works out at about €4 for 50g. Thats unbelievable....and theres a pack of green rizla in each pouch to seal the deal...

Nice :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Nulty wrote: »
    Super Slim filters are the way to go. The come in what looks like a 10 box of fags. Rizla are the best cause swan shrink when you smoke them and get f*cked by the end of the smoke, Rizla all the way.

+1
    The swan filters are absolutely woeful. Super Slim Rizzlas are the best. I find the slims tend to shrink a good bit as well towards the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Wolf Club

I used not like the taste of rollies at all but after 3 years of smoking them I much prefer the taste of them now. They are far less harsh on the throat and don't give the nasty aftertaste. Having to roll them is a nuisance initially, but you'd get used to it after a couple of months (even in the pub). The economical factors speak for themselves. Amber Leaf FTW :)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bingus666

Rollies are banned around this Workplace, used to annoy the stones out of me watchin the minions takin ages to roll a cigarette and then expectin that the smoke break didnt start til they lit it :mad::mad::mad:

although I do smoke meself I usually smoke Marlboro Reds.

rollies make yo look poor, or worse, Cheap.

oh so if you smoke cigs then you look rich & sophicisticated??? man oh man, you really got suckered in by those ads then eh???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,305 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Rollies are banned around this Workplace, used to annoy the stones out of me watchin the minions takin ages to roll a cigarette and then expectin that the smoke break didnt start til they lit it :mad::mad::mad:
    LoL. I would roll when on a call, but I know the type, and they'd annoy the f**k out of me as well. Heck, I'd often roll one in the space between my desk, and the door.
    That_Guy wrote: »
    A mate of mine smokes rollies and I'm nearly always finished my pre-rolled before he's even lit his.
    I take my time to roll, sometimes. It's not a case of "havetostartsmokingassoonaspossiblewhenIgetoutthedoor", but a case of "exit door. roll it. smoke it. enjoy it."
    That_Guy wrote: »
    I've tried both types but I find that rollies have a strange taste. Don't really like it to be honest. Maybe it's because I've just been so used to smoking pre-rolled for so long.
    Or maybe it because you have not tried one that you like. Can you seriously say you like every pre-rolled cigarette that you've ever had?
    Wolf Club wrote: »
    Having to roll them is a nuisance initially, but you'd get used to it after a couple of months (even in the pub). The economical factors speak for themselves. Amber Leaf FTW :)
    Indeed, Amber Leaf is quite nice. If it's a hazy day, and you're having a drink, rolling can be quite calming.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Erica<3

Unfortunately all the people i know that smoke rollies are kind of scumbags....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,798 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Erica<3 - Do not troll this thread with derisory comments about rollie-smokers.

HB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

been a pack man most of the time as my rolling skills were always a joke, but the other day i saw a pouch of camel in the shop so i said fcuk it might as well try it, finally getting the hang of it, the camel isn't too bad, drum light tends to have more flavour,
    the nicest loose baccy i've had was lucky strike , got it in germany and it was perfect.
    going to france and germany in the summer if anyone knows of any good foreign brands?

if your on packs or rollies i find after a while it's nice to have the other type once mid-pack/pouch

Rollies ftw.

I used to smoke fags.
    Benson or Jonny blue preferably. .
    But. . if i ever had a cigarette now. . ick. . the taste is horrible.
    I have actually gagged. Their disgusting. =/

Rollies have a much smoother taste.
    You get more than 20 and their cheap.
    Win win. =]]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

No doubt about it "roll your own" .
    Been smoking real baccy for 20 years now, it's like when you get used to drinking fine wine
    a bottle of cheap plonk just dosent work.
    Thankfully tobacco is cheaper than those mass produced "things" (I wont even call them cigarettes).
    When you get used to rolling it's a pleasure in itself.
    Rollies ABÚ!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭awesom_o

Been smoking john player blue for a good 5 years now, no complaints and less hassle then rollies lol.
    If someone wants to roll me a fag though.. won't say no :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 duckmuck

Well on the financial side it's not disputed its cheaper by a **** tonne, though it is annoying when you run out of rizlas so you can't make fags even though you have a fresh 50g pack of bacci but is cheaper. As for health, if you do it without a filter it is definatly worse. With a filter you have a thinner fag so less bacci, the bacci is purer and everything has no added chemicals. Pre rolled have jet feul in the paper to make it burn continualy. Rollies also make you smoke less because you have to make it so you smoke less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Jasus I voted for cigs and it's now level 103-103!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Faith+1 wrote: »
    Jasus I voted for cigs and it's now level 103-103!

More and more cigarette smokers are moving to rollies for financial reasons, a trend I'd expect to continue as the price of cigarettes continues to rise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Hierro_4

Once you get used to rollies it's hard to go back. A normal cigarette just doesn't feel the same any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭bitch please

Hierro_4 wrote: »
    Once you get used to rollies it's hard to go back. A normal cigarette just doesn't feel the same any more.

i know exactly what you mean a cigarettes just feels too big and its harder to get a drag when you get used to rollies also the taste and smell is better

Advertisement