Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I loved ME1, didnt go into college until I finished it, then I went straight into a replay. Loved the Mako bits aswell, delighted they're bringing it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    . Just found a log about Cerberus, never knew they got a mention in the 1st game.

Cerberus were one of the main side mission story branches in ME1. You end up destroying a good few of their research outposts.

The first game sets up all the lore in the codex entries of the entire ME universe more than either ME2 or 3 combined. It was a true RPG, the other games are third person shooters with RPG light features.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Loved ME:1, loved ME:2, loved ME:3 about 2/3 of the way through 3.

Never got around to finishing it. Maybe I'll crank it out before Andromada lands.

I remember a Renegade save file getting corrupted and having to start again, though the game ended up remembering some of the alignment.
    Topped out Paragon but those few renegade points followed me through all three games even though those decisions never happened as the characters face was all that could be recovered.

Always found that amusing. Like everyone was wary for no reason. :D
    "That Shepard is a bit of a prick"
    "Why do you say that?"
    "I don't know there is just something off about him"

• Registered Users Posts: 29,503 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Cerberus were one of the main side mission story branches in ME1. You end up destroying a good few of their research outposts.

The first game sets up all the lore in the codex entries of the entire ME universe more than either ME2 or 3 combined. It was a true RPG, the other games are third person shooters with RPG light features.

Yeah my first playthrough, I didn't touch the side quests as I had a crappy PC and wanted to get through it fast but now I'm actually doing them, they have great substance. Even enjoying exploring planets in the Mako.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I loved the throwable mines/grenades in the first one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I cheated slightly this time around and increased the Mako's thrusters by a factor of 6...makes getting around planets much easier :)

I wish I could use the AR instead of the constant pistol. My sniper is ridiculously overpowered but not much fun using it. I also planned to use Tali and Garrus exclusively but have been using Liara instead of Garrus a lot as her biotics are too good. Makes me wish I went more Biotic build for this first game.

Biotics aren't quite as fun in ME1 as they are in subsequent games. They are very powerful, but not having the combo's that you do in later games takes away some of the enjoyment. Lifting a Geth Colossus is pretty funny though :)

For the new game, i really hope they get the exploration done right.

Yupp, enter battle, Liara Lifts, Tali AI Hacks and I go ape with my pistol. Sometimes we wreck house but it's mad who quick you can get swarmed on and killed as well. Have to say, looking back on my younger self, I'm ashamed I romanced Ashley. This time I barely talk to her and when I do, I look for an option to kick her into space. I'm gonna do a few side quests but then it's onto Virmire and she's gonna regret all that backchat then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

This time I barely talk to her and when I do, I look for an option to kick her into space. I'm gonna do a few side quests but then it's onto Virmire and she's gonna regret all that backchat then.

HA!

God, just remembering my first play-through of ME1 and having to make that decision...

I know it was supposed to be a hard one, but bye Ashley. I'm saving Carth Onasi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Yupp, enter battle, Liara Lifts, Tali AI Hacks and I go ape with my pistol. Sometimes we wreck house but it's mad who quick you can get swarmed on and killed as well. Have to say, looking back on my younger self, I'm ashamed I romanced Ashley. This time I barely talk to her and when I do, I look for an option to kick her into space. I'm gonna do a few side quests but then it's onto Virmire and she's gonna regret all that backchat then.

Kaiden is as bad, with his whinging and moaning but the worst of the lot is in ME2 .. Jacob.. complete and utter twit throughout the game and even worse if he survives into 3.
    Couldnt stand even talking to him in every other playthrough i did after the first.

sheep? wrote: »
    HA!

God, just remembering my first play-through of ME1 and having to make that decision...

I know it was supposed to be a hard one, but bye Ashley. I'm saving Carth Onasi.
    Isnt he from the Star Wars universe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

Thargor wrote: »

>_>

****e, you're right. I can never remember the character's name, but the voice actor is the same I think. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,107 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Wanted to play through this again and was looking to buy it on the PC (I gave away my 360) - shocked you can't but a trilogy set including all the DLC as one package.

Kaiden is as bad, with his whinging and moaning but the worst of the lot is in ME2 .. Jacob.. complete and utter twit throughout the game and even worse if he survives into 3.
    Not looking forward to having to listen to his **** in my ME2 playthrough :(

Same voice actor as Kaiden though.

I dont even remember who you're talking about tbh thats why I was googling and getting Wookiepedia results.

Loved the music.

Have the albums.

Each composer brought something new and different.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yes, I'm a fan of the soundtracks too; particularly the one from the first game - I'm pretty sure my fond memories of #1 are in a large part down to the soundtrack, which added to the atmosphere & world-building beautifully.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I loved ME1, didnt go into college until I finished it, then I went straight into a replay. Loved the Mako bits aswell, delighted they're bringing it back.

I think ME1 is the only game where I literally went straight from the credits to the New Game screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,497 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Zillah wrote: »
    I think ME1 is the only game where I literally went straight from the credits to the New Game screen.

I don't think I've ever finished a game at a reasonable hour to jump back in.

• Advertisement

ME 1 done. Most of the side quests done. Even though i had Tali with me on EVERY quest since finding her, i still didn't get the quarian squadmate trophy, good thing I'm not actually going for the trophies.

Gonna jump straight into ME 2, looking forward to using an AR instead of a pistol.

No matter how good it's going to be, it'll never be good enough without Garrus.

No matter how good it's going to be, it'll never be good enough without Garrus.

His intro in ME 2 was one of the highlights of the series.

Yeah, it'll be tough to top Garrus. Definitely the best of the companions. The scene with him in the Citadel towards the end of ME3 is one of my favourite moments of the series.

What I loved is that there was a genuine connection between Garrus and the player that (I think) most felt. Every companion, even the ones brought in in ME3, were so three dimensional and felt.. Real. This is something you don't get in many other games. They'll have a hard time beating that.

Makes it even more apparent after playing Fallout 4 with some of the worst characters you could ever hope to team up with.

Couldnt stand even talking to him in every other playthrough i did after the first.

I'm pretty sure that in all the runthroughs I did, where I'd attempt different decisions to see how it changes the game, I always let Kaiden die in the first ME.

Screw that guy.

Plus I barely ever actually had Ashley on a team.

I forgot how big a difference there is between 1 and 2. Huge improvements in graphics and i much prefer the combat, especially the sniper but i miss the equipment screen. I don't like how in order to go the paragon route, you have to be a dik to illusive man. He only spent 2 years and billions of credits spent on ya, show some gratitude!

I'm pretty sure that in all the runthroughs I did, where I'd attempt different decisions to see how it changes the game, I always let Kaiden die in the first ME.

Screw that guy.

Plus I barely ever actually had Ashley on a team.

Simple choice for me. Ashley had boobs, Kaiden did not. Jaysus, I was a randy young fella

• Advertisement

I really forgot how shooty shooty ME2 was. I feel like my Shep has wiped out half the galaxy and is a much bigger threat than the Reapers.

Advertisement