Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky fantasy football 20/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

My second team won last season , so always greatful we get 2 teams.

Other games like sun dream team and telegraph fantasy football I think you can create up to 10 teams. So good players just make 10 teams with a few changes in each.

I think next season I will aim to make my two teams a lot more similar. I found with the second team, I was transferring in certain players just to be different than the first team and similar story with captain choices. I’ll probably look to have approx 8 or 9 of the same players in each team next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

thunderdog wrote: »
    I think next season I will aim to make my two teams a lot more similar. I found with the second team, I was transferring in certain players just to be different than the first team and similar story with captain choices. I’ll probably look to have approx 8 or 9 of the same players in each team next season.

My 2nd team is 1483rd. There have been subtle differences between the 2 teams like different goalkeepers etc. Had Jorginho in the 2nd team which didn't work out at all. Also did different captaincies when we had situations like Bruno, Salah, KDB playing on the same day and I was hedging my bets. I don't have a problem with having the two teams. I have just as much focus on my 2nd team as the one doing well. 2nd team has 20 transfers left so I am hoping to get as close to the top 100 as possible with it.

claw wrote: »
    My 2nd team is 1483rd. There have been subtle differences between the 2 teams like different goalkeepers etc. Had Jorginho in the 2nd team which didn't work out at all. Also did different captaincies when we had situations like Bruno, Salah, KDB playing on the same day and I was hedging my bets. I don't have a problem with having the two teams. I have just as much focus on my 2nd team as the one doing well. 2nd team has 20 transfers left so I am hoping to get as close to the top 100 as possible with it.

Yeah the other change I’ll make next season is playing a bit more aggressively in the first half of the season. I think I played it a bit too conservatively with 25 transfers left (sitting at 2k). I think from the overhaul onwards, a lot of teams might end up being quite similar, making it hard to make decent gains, even with a few additional transfers

Yeah the other change I’ll make next season is playing a bit more aggressively in the first half of the season. I think I played it a bit too conservatively with 25 transfers left (sitting at 2k). I think from the overhaul onwards, a lot of teams might end up being quite similar, making it hard to make decent gains, even with a few additional transfers

You are still on for a good finish with 25 transfers left. We don't know how the rest of the season is going to play out with regarding matches getting called off and multiple game day weeks. Those transfers are going to be very important going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Yea I'll just duplicate the teams early on anyway next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

manual_man wrote: »

A few days already I won't be happy with :pac:

A few days already I won't be happy with :pac:
    Not long til overhaul in any case. I see some fixture days where I only have Bruno. Bugger better stay fit

Not long til overhaul in any case. I see some fixture days where I only have Bruno. Bugger better stay fit

The second Overhaul period will begin following the completion of game week 22. It will then run until the start of game week 23, which is currently February 6th-13th 2021.

They have gameweek 22 as the week starting 6th February now. Does that mean that we the overhaul is on after those matches are finished which would mean our new teams kick in on the 13th? They would want to clarify that because it would mean City are at Anfield before the overhaul. Or am I reading this wrong!

The second Overhaul period will begin following the completion of game week 22. It will then run until the start of game week 23, which is currently February 6th-13th 2021.

They have gameweek 22 as the week starting 6th February now. Does that mean that we the overhaul is on after those matches are finished which would mean our new teams kick in on the 13th? They would want to clarify that because it would mean City are at Anfield before the overhaul. Or am I reading this wrong!
    The game on Feb 8th will be the last game before overhaul. Though Ben Crellin has said he could see Leeds-Southampton rescheduled for that midweek (maybe Feb 10th) so that could throw a little spanner in the works

• Advertisement

The game on Feb 8th will be the last game before overhaul. Though Ben Crellin has said he could see Leeds-Southampton rescheduled for that midweek (maybe Feb 10th) so that could throw a little spanner in the works

Surely United vs Everton won't be on the 8th. Would either team play their cup match 2 days after a league match? Good chance Everton will get through anyway.

Surely United vs Everton won't be on the 8th. Would either team play their cup match 2 days after a league match? Good chance Everton will get through anyway.
    Yeah I'm not sure, it says that game is provisional... but in any case the last possible day before overhaul should be that day, unlike like I said the Leeds-Southampton game is rescheduled to that midweek

Yeah I'm not sure, it says that game is provisional... but in any case the last possible day before overhaul should be that day, unlike like I said the Leeds-Southampton game is rescheduled to that midweek

I was looking at it more in terms of the match being played earlier in the weekend to stop it clashing with the Cup and we got Burnley vs Brighton instead :)

KdB(C) fail AGAIN. Ugh. I guess he was probably highest captained in the top 1k anyway. Thankfully City kept the CS anyway and Gundogan has become a nice differential.

KdB(C) fail AGAIN. Ugh. I guess he was probably highest captained in the top 1k anyway. Thankfully City kept the CS anyway and Gundogan has become a nice differential.

Captained him too. Will go down a fair bit in the rankings with just the 1 City defender. Have Robertson tomorrow though so not all lost.

Down to 149th overall. Happy enough with that considering I don't have a million City defenders :) Should move a bit back up tonight hopefully.

Really getting into the whole SkyFF twitter scene. Salah benched and KDB probably injured and it's bedlam :pac: Hard when there is no one telling you who to put in or what to do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Really getting into the whole SkyFF twitter scene. Salah benched and KDB probably injured and it's bedlam :pac: Hard when there is no one telling you who to put in or what to do :)

Big decision now. Switch captaincy to Robertson or leave it on Salah.

Also probably have to burn another transfer taking out KdB. He will miss at least 3 games.

Big decision now. Switch captaincy to Robertson or leave it on Salah.

Also probably have to burn another transfer taking out KdB. He will miss at least 3 games.

I captained Robertson. If lightning strikes twice I give up!

• Advertisement

I captained Robertson. If lightning strikes twice I give up!

I should be happy I captained the right player I guess. So close to a clean sheet. Salah moving away from automatic gameday captain status.

Think I’ll do KDB to Grealish for tonight’s game and hope that Jack tones down the arguing with the refs for the next few games to avoid the 5th yellow

Think I’ll do KDB to Grealish for tonight’s game and hope that Jack tones down the arguing with the refs for the next few games to avoid the 5th yellow

Had Martinez, have hung onto him all along. Probably would have paid off more if the whole world hadn't put in Ederson :) Anyway with KDB out I have 19 transfers left in the 1st team and 20 in the 2nd one. Will be making a couple of transfers in the 2nd one up to overhaul but the 1st team is settled now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I forgot it was a new week in sky so had no captain. I had Martinez and Grealish so didn't lose much ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I forgot it was a new week in sky so had no captain. I had Martinez and Grealish so didn't lose much ground.

Same here. Had Martinez but was annoying to lose 9 points.

Same here. Had Martinez but was annoying to lose 9 points.

I know the rules but I think they should have had some kind of notice regarding last night's match. They aren't slow informing players if a match is called off so they should also inform us if a match is rearranged.

I’m debating a Saka to Stones move.

Sakas reverse fixtures scores from the first half of the season against the 4 teams until overhaul:

Southampton-2
    United-2
    Wolves-2
    Villa-0

I can see Saka getting something against Southampton but more likely to blank against the other 3 teams.

Stones on paper should get 3 clean sheets in 4 before the overhaul. So I’m approx estimating a Stones score of 32 over the next 4 versus a Saka score of 16. Is 1 transfer worth 16 points?

(All hypothetical/guessed outcomes!)

Sakas reverse fixtures scores from the first half of the season against the 4 teams until overhaul:

Southampton-2
    United-2
    Wolves-2
    Villa-0

I can see Saka getting something against Southampton but more likely to blank against the other 3 teams.

Stones on paper should get 3 clean sheets in 4 before the overhaul. So I’m approx estimating a Stones score of 32 over the next 4 versus a Saka score of 16. Is 1 transfer worth 16 points?

You have plenty of transfers left so it isn't a bad move. A lot of multi City defence teams up near the top so at the very worst you wouldn't be losing very much by putting him in. Saka is only a differential if City let in goals.

You have plenty of transfers left so it isn't a bad move. A lot of multi City defence teams up near the top so at the very worst you wouldn't be losing very much by putting him in. Saka is only a differential if City let in goals.

Cheers, feeling a bit late to the all in on city defence (have had Cancelo and Dias), but hopefully with a triple up the lads can keep the clean sheets coming. Interesting that the ff hub lads noted that effective ownership of city defenders (top 1k) is 236%. I’d imagine that number will be well over 250% by next Sunday

• Advertisement

Southampton-2
    United-2
    Wolves-2
    Villa-0

I may have underestimated Saka’s 4 GW return!

Advertisement