Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma O'Doherty - Part 2 - Read OP for mod warning (06/01)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I read on here before that the husband was sending nasty texts on her behalf to one of the families involved in one of her documentaries. She was always a hate filled ego maniac.

Her vendetta against the Gardai is because Callinan had her sacked. She went after RTE when they sent her an invoice for footage, she went after Google when they suspended her. All of her crusades are personal and down to her loosing money. She's a witch

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

I read on here before that the husband was sending nasty texts on her behalf to one of the families involved in one of her documentaries. She was always a hate filled ego maniac.

Her vendetta against the Gardai is because Callinan had her sacked. She went after RTE when they sent her an invoice for footage, she went after Google when they suspended her. All of her crusades are personal and down to her loosing money. She's a witch

100% agreed about personalising everything.

There's not much that's unique about her as nutters go, except that she has some media pull and savvy, with the result that we are talking about her right now.

I work in the public sector, as part of my work I encounter plenty of similar people who seem to think that the only reason a government agency would be contacting them is to somehow persecute them or that there is something sinister at work (one guy accused me, in rambling letter after rambling letter, of sending him my 3 line letter to cause him stress and deliberately hasten his death from an incurable terminal illness - he's still alive 4 years on, I check every now and then). This is the kind of person I think of when I think of Gemma. No reasoning whatsoever.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I see recently on a road trip she was bemoaning that radical lefties putting up lamps on motorway junctions don't care that they're disturbing...checks notes... hibernating birds?

humberklog wrote: »
    I see recently on a road trip she was bemoaning that radical lefties putting up lamps on motorway junctions don't care that they're disturbing...checks notes... hibernating birds?

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac: FFS

Edit: I just looked it up and watched it there... I'm in stitches. "Right now in Ireland, our birds are hibernating" with unassailable conviction her voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Northernlily

That’s sad.
    I wonder if it coincided with her antics starting?
    Maybe she really does need psychiatric help.

Was she not a fairly well regarded journalist before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,010 ✭✭✭Odhinn

..at one stage. Been a downward spiral ever since.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

now this, is seriously ok. the decimation of hedgerows, the planting of too woody hedges and of course so many lighting. A sparrow will not be seen from one end of the year to the next. National roads, also mean that barely a hedgehog or a deer or a pheasant or rabbit will ever dare to cross to another field, and so they are confined and may even dwindle? Is it all just a laceration of too many fast roads?

now this, is seriously ok. the decimation of hedgerows, the planting of too woody hedges and of course so many lighting. A sparrow will not be seen from one end of the year to the next. National roads, also mean that barely a hedgehog or a deer or a pheasant or rabbit will ever dare to cross to another field, and so they are confined and may even dwindle? Is it all just a laceration of too many fast roads?

Well the issue is that she thinks it's all a leftist conspiracy. She doesn't give a flying f*ck about the environment otherwise.

Lights aren't the worst anyway. I live in a city and there's plenty of bird life, it doesn't seem to bother them.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

wiggle16 wrote: »
    100% agreed about personalising everything.

There's not much that's unique about her as nutters go, except that she has some media pull and savvy, with the result that we are talking about her right now.

I work in the public sector, as part of my work I encounter plenty of similar people who seem to think that the only reason a government agency would be contacting them is to somehow persecute them or that there is something sinister at work (one guy accused me, in rambling letter after rambling letter, of sending him my 3 line letter to cause him stress and deliberately hasten his death from an incurable terminal illness - he's still alive 4 years on, I check every now and then). This is the kind of person I think of when I think of Gemma. No reasoning whatsoever.

Oddly, there is mention about the public sector in U.K. over at Katie Hopkins website, called,#388. 388 is the number of under 60's in the U.K. who have died since the pandemic began.

And the number of NHS staff on Friday, 30th October, '20, who did not show up to work, was 76,200.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

That's as may be but that's not what Gemma was saying and isn't pertinent to what I was pointing out Gemma recorded herself saying.

You should start a thread that's relevant to your concerns re wildlife.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,816 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Oddly, there is mention about the public sector in U.K. over at Katie Hopkins website, called,#388. 388 is the number of under 60's in the U.K. who have died since the pandemic began.

And the number of NHS staff on Friday, 30th October, '20, who did not show up to work, was 76,200.

Maybe try the condpiracy theories forum?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Both patently false.

The 388 number is incorrect on both counts - it refers to the number of under 45's, not under 60's, and is inaccurate itself. And I'd like to think that the over 60's matter just as much as everybody else in society. If you're actually promoting this you can't even get your conspiracy right.

Anyway, not getting further into this BS here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

What's your story? I'm genuinely interested

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

That's as may be but that's not what Gemma was saying and isn't pertinent to what I was pointing out Gemma recorded herself saying.

You should start a thread that's relevant to your concerns re wildlife.

I doubt there are concerns about wildlife tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,448 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

pixelburp wrote: »
    O'Doherty speaks to an anti-society/authority demographic that'll find her whether we give her oxygen or not. Those people want to find rabbit holes and will discover all those corners antithetical to somewhere like Boards. As to O'Doherty, her views are abhorrent and misanthropic, but she also strikes as potentially mentally ill. I've often wondered if the tragic death of her husband caused a breakdown she has never recovered from.

I was agreeing with you right up to the "will discover all those corners antithetical to somewhere like Boards". Unfortunately, Boards is becoming the preferred home for her supporters and their ilk in increasing numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

wiggle16 wrote: »
    Both patently false.

The 388 number is incorrect on both counts - it refers to the number of under 45's, not under 60's, and is inaccurate itself. And I'd like to think that the over 60's matter just as much as everybody else in society. If you're actually promoting this you can't even get your conspiracy right.

Anyway, not getting further into this BS here.

Katie Hopkins' website should have been a red flag.

• That’s sad.
    I wonder if it coincided with her antics starting?
    Maybe she really does need psychiatric help.

Yes, it did. She’s gotten worse and worse in the time since.

Yeah, but since she started going a bit mad with the far right ****e no one will have her.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,876 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

https://twitter.com/aciquestion/status/1343891417425448961?s=09

Looper.... I particularly like the real Dub fella saying "what are you doing here ya mad c#nt?" To the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

gmisk wrote: »

Looper.... I particularly like the real Dub fella saying "what are you doing here ya mad c#nt?" To the point.

What are you talking about... that's not a dub. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,876 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

What are you talking about... that's not a dub. :pac:
    Oh yeah your right I think...point still stands lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

dan1895 wrote: »
    I doubt there are concerns about wildlife tbh.
    It's like the farmers claiming that protecting the environment is a load of made up nonsense designed by the Greens to punish farmers, but at the same time they're apparently concerned at the environmental impact of vegan meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    The old thread ended on "666".....just saying like? :)

Careful, now. Or you'll have Ben Gilroy along, with his hurley.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Careful, now. Or you'll have Ben Gilroy along, with his hurley.

Ben Hur(l)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

gmisk wrote: »

One thing; Gemma, Graham, Dolores, Tracey O'Mahoney etc. all in these videos repeatedly claim they're gonna sue the outlet/establishments; presumably in a civil suit?

But yet none have been initiated yet like.

What's taking them.........?

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

I was agreeing with you right up to the "will discover all those corners antithetical to somewhere like Boards". Unfortunately, Boards is becoming the preferred home for her supporters and their ilk in increasing numbers.

I'd disagree, Boards is perceived a lot like the BBC is, depending on your political leanings.

To the Left, the BBC is a haven for the Right Wing. To the Right-Wing, it is a haven for the woke and Far-Left. The reality is, the BBC is Centre-Left, at worst.

Boards is the same - Centre-Left. But because political discourse has become so polarised, it is now either Far-Left or Far-Right depending on political leanings. And the profile of those that post about political issues on message boards

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    One thing; Gemma, Graham, Dolores, Tracey O'Mahoney etc. all in these videos repeatedly claim they're gonna sue the outlet/establishments; presumably in a civil suit?

But yet none have been initiated yet like.

What's taking them.........?

Big gofundme scam, sorry appeal, going on at the moment from O'Mahoney for funds to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

It’ll be interesting to see her reaction to the shooting incident yesterday involving the Gardai & the guy with the knife. So many conflicting emotions to that one I imagine

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

ParkRunner wrote: »
    It’ll be interesting to see her reaction to the shooting incident yesterday involving the Gardai & the guy with the knife. So many conflicting emotions to that one I imagine

She hates black people, immigrants and the Gardaí. She must be having a meltdown trying to figure out her position on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,650 ✭✭✭✭walshb

She hates black people, immigrants and the Gardaí. She must be having a meltdown trying to figure out her position on this one.

I immediately thought of her and how she would react....

I guess she could just come out with slating ALL as scum......

Covers all her bases...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

walshb wrote: »
    I immediately thought of her and how she would react....

I guess she could just come out with slating ALL as scum......

Covers all her bases...

That's probably the one alright.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement