Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Racing: Leopardstown, Kempton, Chepstow

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Give out about her all you like, but she is a great jockey, especially over fences.

Fair phucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Coneygree wrote: »
    Mad aul day, probably means Frodon will win the King George. Jesus wept!

Shout

Well done to the best duo in racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭kksaints

Fantastic front running ride from Byrony Frost on Frodon. Judged it to absolute perfection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Seconditus atm ffs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Anniepowaa

Every 3 mile chaser in England is dog **** al boum will win 3 in a row

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

LIT looks like he's gone at the game, CDO hated every minute and Cyrname never looked like he wanted to be there. Very odd running. Monalee would have hacked up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Some ride. Hate listening to her but she was class

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Holy Jayzus.....Will we ever hear the end of this

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Got prep for the Gold Cup from Santini!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

She said there the horse was " Squealing" getting into the box this morning. It makes a difference if the horse is in the humour and it massively goes to prove that they are not machines.

Great Horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Going to keep it simple tomorrow with a trixie of El Barra, Felix Desjy & Asterion Forlonge!

Can't see past Clan Des Obeaux in the King George.

On Musta Lovea Lovea 33s too!

New Year's resolution... Stop betting on Stephens Day!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

What an utterly brutal racing day, I only got home and put the telly on around 1:30, I haven't seen one horse / performance to be excited about.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

New Year's resolution... Stop betting on Stephens Day!

Bad day at the office here too. Tiger Tap Tap to save the day tomorrow. At least Mullins outsiders are running well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Impressive run by itsallabouteve in Limerick there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Impressive run by itsallabouteve in Limerick there

Well punted too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭piplip87

Well that was a mad aul days racing. While ITV are so patronising about female jockeys you have to hand it to Bryony she gave him some spin but the others in behind what the hell happened. None of them will be winning a gold cup. The Saviles Chase must be second to the Gold Cup in the three mile division this year.

Epantate- Was bound to have a poor run eventually she went through the second last and took the wind from her sails. I'd still reckon she will win the CH.

Asterion Forlange- As was said here last week he would like if their was no fences. His jumping looked better today until he fell. Dont think I'd be gettin to excited about him in March though..

Shan Blue looks a very good horse serious round of jumping but Robbie Powers lad was desperate much like asterion would have won if their was no fences.

Tomorrow is a day for watching might have an EW nibble on Anamix and do Yala Enki for the Welsh National. Saving my money for Percy

• Registered Users Posts: 16,393 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    ITV will lose their minds
    Reckon it's perfectly valid for ITV or anyone else to make a bit of a big deal out of it. Bryony has only been going a few years and has won a Ryanair, and now a King George. Brian Hughes, the Champion Jockey who finished second has been racing a lot longer than Bryony, yet he has never won a race as good as Bryony has. Bryony rode him to sleep today, she rode a great race and deserves plaudits.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

Reckon it's perfectly valid for ITV or anyone else to make a bit of a big deal out of it. Bryony has only been going a few years and has won a Ryanair, and now a King George. Brian Hughes, the Champion Jockey who finished second has been racing a lot longer than Bryony, yet he has never won a race as good as Bryony has. Bryony rode him to sleep today, she rode a great race and deserves plaudits.

She did in her hoop ride Brian Hughes to sleep.

Hughes mount has to be held up and is a one trick pony. Pulled hard enough throughout the race and did remarkably well to finish as close as he did.

Why exactly do people dislike Bryony so much?

• Advertisement

Cos she’s an attractive, confident female.

Chepstow and Limerick off. Not to worry, plenty to like about the racing at Leopardstown and Kempton.

Le Richebourg e/w
    Call me Lyreen e/w
    Tiger Tap Tap e/w

Her interviews are absolute gash. She called the horse Pegasus for ****s sake and she goes on about this whole thing of the horse talking to her. It makes for good headlines and ITV lap it up but it's cringy nonsense. There's an inside joke between a lot of the jockeys about her nonsense, if you've ever been to a preview show and she or a horse she's on is mentioned there's always some joke made about her shenanigans behind the mic. I think if jockeys and pundits are publicly laughing at the nonsense it is quite telling. She's had some big days out fair play to her but she's an average jockey compared to the coverage she gets. She only knows one way to win a race and she's lucky Frodon is suited to that style.

The angle at the moment is that she's the most winning female jockey of all time but that's only in the UK, with Rachael comfortably ahead of her with two years now. But the headlines won't include UK.

Look it I guess it is nice a female jockey is out there carving a path for herself but I can't warm to her at all. She's a lot that I dislike about the sport.

Hasn't a patch on our Rachael in either front whom is universally well liked!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

I fancy Fitzhenry in the big handicap today. The horse defeated in this by the famous rooooaring buullll last year. I think he was the best horse last year but somewhat mugged. Disappointed last time after travelling smooth enough, I'm hoping it was on purpose and runs off 3lb higher than last year's run and should be thereabouts at 20/1.
    Ngolo is getting well supported this morning and with good reason. Was badly positioned as the race panned out last time and the tough finish should suit. Interested to see how Call me Lyreen adjusts to the step up in quality. Been impressive so far but I think 12or 14 is about right price wise , if I happen to get a bit bigger I might have a nibble. Both Ballyadam and appreciate it are good animals and should be at top of the market but they're not as much superior to the field as prices would suggest in my opinion.
    Jessie's horse in the beginners chase I've had a bet on at double figures going to get hit by a rule 4 but the 13/2 or 6/1 available is still worth a bet ew. Ran well at this meeting last year over hurdles finding one too good. Had a decent introduction last time behind 2 decent sorts. Few sloppy jumps but likely come on a bit for that and give the horses at the head of the market plenty to think about.
    At Kempton I've done a complete muggy bet. Skybet are going even money for peanuts on shiskin. I've put that stake on Gumball to win so if shiskin wins I'm level and If gumball wins I've a 6)1 winner, Can't see the other 2 involved. watch what happens :pac:
    Nube negra I was hugely impressed with early last season
    but then finished 2nd twice. Couldnt believe he was beaten by Rouge vif but he's franked the form since. Nube negra been given plenty of time to mature and Skelton's throwing him in here against a few big fish including the reopposing rouge vif. I think he knows the horse has improved a bundle. I've had small ew bet. Will have a look at the betting w/o and will prob go again.

I'm amazed to see Iberia is running in the first at Leopardstown. He ran in the Irish Derby six months ago and here he is in maiden hurdle. Seems to like the soft too. Think best watched today.

Coneygree wrote: »
    Hasn't a patch on our Rachael in either front whom is universally well liked!

I agree totally.
    My post was tongue in cheek because Briony really gets my goat.
    Rachael is a lady. Talks sense and is very likeable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Anniepowaa

she's about as plain as it gets

Notebook and NGolo double for me @44/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

Wonder will Flying Scotsman be off today?? Has been stopped twice already. Might aswell make it three in a row on the way to winning the Fred Winter!

Advertisement