Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are we going for protein?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭henke

I ordered from Myprotein on the 27/12 and the tracking redirects to Hermes. No tracking beyond 2 Jan with estimate of the 8-12 Jan. No sign and no update since the 2nd. Has anyone had Myprotein orders done with Hermes? Not sure even where my parcel is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,290 ✭✭✭Macy0161

henke wrote: »
    Has anyone had Myprotein orders done with Hermes? Not sure even where my parcel is.
    I haven't ordered since the end of the transition period, but I think they've been Hermes UK side for ages?

Macy0161 wrote: »
    I haven't ordered since the end of the transition period, but I think they've been Hermes UK side for ages?

Could be. I have contacted them on chat and they said they would issue a refund or replacement. Opted for refund with the Brexit mess. Waiting for that to be processed. Have ordered from Hp nutrition in the meantime.

Just to add to my first experience of HP. Placed an order yesterday at 1.46 pm. Just arrived at my door in Donegal from the post man at 10.20am. Under 24 hours to the other side of the country. I don't think you can possibly get much quicker delivery than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,558 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Bodyfirst making hay while the DPD/MP debacle shines:

Screenshot-2021-01-14-102941.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Yes I would of thought so and they also have quicker delivery times than Myprotein.

ive used bulkpowders.ie for maybe 10years or so .
    In the last year they change delivery company and things took a lot longer.
    complained last 2 orders but tbh they didn't really care.

I've about 2/3 months whey left but after that i'll be getting a new supplier.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭vigos

I ended up buying of rosnutrition and was delivered next day, they've 30% off as well at the moment using code recover if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Cole

I ordered with AOB Nutrition on Tuesday and it was delivered this morning...very happy with that...never used them before. They stock myprotein products and seem a good bit cheaper than bodyfirst (just had a quick glance). Impact Whey is pretty much the same price as ordering directly from myprotein.ie and you're supporting an Irish business.

https://aobnutrition.ie/

Cole wrote: »
    I ordered with AOB Nutrition on Tuesday and it was delivered this morning...very happy with that...never used them before. They stock myprotein products and seem a good bit cheaper than bodyfirst (just had a quick glance). Impact Whey is pretty much the same price as ordering directly from myprotein.ie and you're supporting an Irish business.

https://aobnutrition.ie/

Surprised they have MP impact whey so cheap since it's a fiver cheaper than in the MP site (and Bodyfirst)!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭antimatterx

My order from MyProtein (being delivered by DPD) has apparently been delivered by DPD.

This is a lie. It's not in my house, I know nobody with the signature they claim to have, and I always get a text from DPD when I'm getting a delivery, not this time. I happened to check the tracker and the status went from "missing" to "delivered" and they remove the "missing" status completely from the history.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Mine was returned from DPD and now being delivered with Fedex!
    Its currently in UK but looks to be on the move!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,130 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Got mine in Holland and Barrett nutgrove.
    Gold standard whey mint choc 2lb 26.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭timeToLive

My was due to be delivered yesterday (via MyProtein) and it's stuck in a DPD warehouse.

****ing useless.

What's the deal? I order off myprotein.ie today. Should I not have? :p

timeToLive wrote: »
    What's the deal? I order off myprotein.ie today. Should I not have? :p

The Irish domain will make no difference. They still have issues shopping to Ireland primarily because of DPD

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Abcryan123

My order from MyProtein (being delivered by DPD) has apparently been delivered by DPD.

This is a lie. It's not in my house, I know nobody with the signature they claim to have, and I always get a text from DPD when I'm getting a delivery, not this time. I happened to check the tracker and the status went from "missing" to "delivered" and they remove the "missing" status completely from the history.

This happened here late November, it said the order was delivered but came a week after the latest advisory delivery date. Customer service said that it was with the courier. Not sure if this was all due to Brexit or the volume of deliveries, nevertheless the tracking was very wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,880 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

I have an order on the way from My Protein. The tracking says it's with Fastway.
    Ordered on Jan 14th and dispatched from UK(I presume) the following day. Still not scanned in to Fastway's system
    Has anyone had to pay any customs or anything?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I have an order on the way from My Protein. The tracking says it's with Fastway.
    Ordered on Jan 14th and dispatched from UK(I presume) the following day. Still not scanned in to Fastway's system
    Has anyone had to pay any customs or anything?

I hope not. I ordered today too.

From their site ;
    For customers located in the EU, we will despatch from our distribution centre within the EU. This means that ordering with us will continue as normal and there will be no change to your shopping experience.

Gumbo wrote: »

From their site ;

Yeah it seems that bit on their website is not entirely true

Gumbo wrote: »

From their site ;

I saw that on their website alright but my order seems to have originated in the UK so I'm dubious of their claims to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Patsy167

For anyone ordering from MyProtein, I've found the Eddie Hall 37% off code "BEAST" often provides a better discount than whatever promotion they are running on the site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Abcryan123

Patsy167 wrote: »
    For anyone ordering from MyProtein, I've found the Eddie Hall 37% off code "BEAST" often provides a better discount than whatever promotion they are running on the site

Revolut also have good discounts if you have the app, 38% off atm with REVOLUT38 :)

so what whey do people order off my protein or hp nutrition etc that compares to gold standard whey?
    is the my protein stuff better than gold standard?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

tom1ie wrote: »
    so what whey do people order off my protein or hp nutrition etc that compares to gold standard whey?

Impact whey from MP

If you want a better quality go with isolate.

Will you notice any difference between the two? Apart from in the pocket then no.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

7nutrition isolate is about the same price as on whey,
    Their concentrate is cheaper, olimp is in or round same as on

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Myprotien order arrived just now, ordered on the 12th so look like they've sorted issues, a bit slower than usual maybe but it got here with no issue.

Compare the protein content, e.g. grams of protein per 100g of product.

Not all whey is equal and all that.

Not to pick on any specifically but just to give an idea, BSN Syntha 6 has 64.8g per 100g, Olimp Whey Protein Complex has 75g protein per 100g, ON Gold Standard as 80g protein per 100g, MyProtein Impact Whey has 74g protein per 100g.

There's always a trade off with cost and I wouldn't get too hung up on small differences but when the % goes too low, there's likely a lot of shítty filler in it

good posts thanks, so is €26.99 for 2lb (0.97kg) gold standard whey any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Myprotien order arrived just now, ordered on the 12th so look like they've sorted issues, a bit slower than usual maybe but it got here with no issue.

I ordered on the 03rd and still nothing! First shipment got stopped and second one is somewhere

Thanks for the update.
    Who delivered it and did you have to pay any customs/vat etc.?

• Advertisement

good posts thanks, so is €26.99 for 2lb (0.97kg) gold standard whey any good?

Its good for ON.

Advertisement