Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 7 Plus €399

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Still waiting for him to post a link of an S8 for 400 new.
    Cheapest I've seen is around 500 from a REPUTABLE seller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

He probably didn't mean new... There are S8's for around (more than) 400 on adverts and the likes for second hand. But sure this thread isn't about S8 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭corks finest

Yakult wrote: »
    Still waiting for him to post a link of an S8 for 400 new.
    Cheapest I've seen is around 500 from a REPUTABLE seller.

Must be selling one,ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Anyone get or hear of others getting the Google home mini yet? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 glinnwest

Pugzilla wrote: »
    Where? Do you have a link?

More recently amazon.co.uk right around 400

• Registered Users Posts: 17 glinnwest

glinnwest wrote: »
    More recently amazon.co.uk right around 400
    /gp/offer-listing/B06XYMCMHD/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Anyone get or hear of others getting the Google home mini yet? :)

I sen't for mine 6/7 days ago,no word,and Google handed them out with the pixel around Christmas,but they took 4 plus weeks to deliver

I sen't for mine 6/7 days ago,no word,and Google handed them out with the pixel around Christmas,but they took 4 plus weeks to deliver

That's good enough I guess, they are giving them away for free, so not much room for us to complain :)

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭EnzoScifo

glinnwest wrote: »
    /gp/offer-listing/B06XYMCMHD/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

The only price around €400 is a "Just launched" amazon marketplace seller.

Think I'll pass on that.

marcbrophy wrote: »
    That's good enough I guess, they are giving them away for free, so not much room for us to complain :)

Agree,if it comes it comes

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Parcel Wizard is cheaper than Parcel Motel and they deliver directly to your home/work address at no extra cost.

Parcel Wizard is cheaper than Parcel Motel and they deliver directly to your home/work address at no extra cost.

Oh God now I find out,after signing up for parcel motel,,,,oh well!

Parcel wizard use bogey address etc in the UK,as parcel motel' does,as AFAIK the Google mini require s UK address

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Interrobang

Why are ye using Parcel Motel and Parcel Wizard? The free Google Mini promotion allows for delivery to an address in Ireland.

ETA T&Cs: https://www.nokia.com/en_gb/phones/googlehomemini-promotion-rules

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Why are ye using Parcel Motel and Parcel Wizard? The free Google Mini promotion allows for delivery to an address in Ireland.

Read that too however it kept saying to enter a valid postcode with my Eircode not being accepted so used PM.

Link I got was only accept ING UK address

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Here, I just for the first time decided to try out the supplied headphones, and the headphone jack is not going all the way in or even in far enough to be secure.
    Just wondering is this the norm or is my headphone jack faulty, it's not the headphones because I tried another pair

Here, I just for the first time decided to try out the supplied headphones, and the headphone jack is not going all the way in or even in far enough to be secure.
    Just wondering is this the norm or is my headphone jack faulty, it's not the headphones because I tried another pair

Mine works fine, but I did have to give it a bit of a push until it clicked in fully. Other headphones go in more easily, but the ones supplied seem to be a bit more of a snug fit.

bring it back I'd say ASAP, AFAIK my small fellas one goes all the way in

• Advertisement

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    Read that too however it kept saying to enter a valid postcode with my Eircode not being accepted so used PM.
    Link I got was only accept ING UK address

Odd. It accepted my Eircode no problem.

Has anyone noticed an ever so slight shadow at the bottom of their screen? When I'm in any full white screen (like the Settings menu, for example) the top border is lovely and crisp, but the bottom one has a *very* slight gradation to it. It's barely perceptible, but it's there all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭niallb

Try entering your Eircode in lowercase if it failed in capitals or vice versa.
    This has worked in other forms for some people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

niallb wrote: »
    Try entering your Eircode in lowercase if it failed in capitals or vice versa.
    This has worked in other forms for some people.

Don't think I can try it again given it takes my IMEI code and accepted my PM address. As long as I get it I'll be happy lol

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mx5ire

Bought mine from the unlocked mobiles crowd in the UK and it arrived yesterday, nice impressive unit and seems to function well. It also came with a set of Nokia Boom headphones.

Its model number is the TA-1046 - and it seems to be dual sim, though i haven't checked it yet. It does have two IMEI's when you query the IMEI number. Which leads me to the issue i have....

Tried to enter the IMEI (for both) into the Nokia Google Home mini page, when i click Validate it says its not eligible. Anyone else see anything similar ?

mx5ire wrote: »
    Bought mine from the unlocked mobiles crowd in the UK and it arrived yesterday, nice impressive unit and seems to function well. It also came with a set of Nokia Boom headphones.

Its model number is the TA-1046 - and it seems to be dual sim, though i haven't checked it yet. It does have two IMEI's when you query the IMEI number. Which leads me to the issue i have....

Tried to enter the IMEI (for both) into the Nokia Google Home mini page, when i click Validate it says its not eligible. Anyone else see anything similar ?

You are supposed to use IMEI 1 for redemption purposes.
    Maybe the seller needs to register the IMEI with Nokia, that it was sold to UK/IE. Try talking to chat and see what they say.

My fear is that the 1046's are actually Asian stock, so you won't be allowed to redeem. I have one on the way from eglobal myself, so I'll probably find myself in the same situation :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭emo72

No stock in Liffey valley or dundrum this morning. They had only got 2 in Liffey valley. Not great amounts of stock to be carrying is it?

Don't think I can try it again given it takes my IMEI code and accepted my PM address. As long as I get it I'll be happy lol

Did u get an acknowledgement from Nokia after registering your imei? I didn't get an email etc, thinking I might try from the Irish side

Opened your link ,can't find the Nokia IMEI registering part, definitely not opening for that specific part for me

Opened your link ,can't find the Nokia IMEI registering part, definitely not opening for that specific part for me

That's the link to the T&Cs.

The page I used to claim is this one, and I had no problem entering an Irish Eircode after I got the on-screen confirmation that the IMEI I entered qualified for the promotion: https://www.nokia.com/en_gb/phones/googlehomemini

The page I used to claim is this one, and I had no problem entering an Irish Eircode after I got the on-screen confirmation that the IMEI I entered qualified for the promotion: https://www.nokia.com/en_gb/phones/googlehomemini

Tnx,validated already,so hopefully on the way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭robinwing

Thanks , I got it using higher case postcode letters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

emo72 wrote:
    No stock in Liffey valley or dundrum this morning. They had only got 2 in Liffey valley. Not great amounts of stock to be carrying is it?

Stocks arrive tomorrow. New phone so not many available just yet.

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Stocks arrive tomorrow. New phone so not many available just yet.

Buy online,they're as quick, delivery to store of your choice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Plus if you purchase online with delivery to store you are covered by the 14 day return policy in case you change your mind or you get sim locked one (because there is a chance that the new shipment is sim locked).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Plus if you purchase online with delivery to store you are covered by the 14 day return policy in case you change your mind or you get sim locked one (because there is a chance that the new shipment is sim locked).

The reps confirmed on a different thread that they aren't locked thankfully.

There is no guarantee that it will stay that way with future devices once the initial shipment is sold.

Hence ordering online just in case is the better option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

mx5ire wrote:

marcbrophy wrote:
    My fear is that the 1046's are actually Asian stock, so you won't be allowed to redeem. I have one on the way from eglobal myself, so I'll probably find myself in the same situation

Yeah I got mine from Amazon. De. Not valid IMEI message too. Don't know if it's because of dual SIM or what. Thought I bought from Amazon or Nokia?
    Can't see from t&c why it's ineligible.

The reps confirmed on a different thread that they aren't locked thankfully.

Wouldn't take that to seriously. First two batches normally sim free to get them out after that they are locked. CPW have a mix of locked and sim free devices. I've discussed this here before how to go about getting a sim free device from CPW.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Yeah I got mine from Amazon. De. Not valid IMEI message too. Don't know if it's because of dual SIM or what. Thought I bought from Amazon or Nokia?

Possibly because the phones have to be bought from UK or Irish retailers?

Mine was bought from a well known UK based retailer - Unlocked Mobiles - but i guess the issue is where they get their stock from. Either way - the T&C's have been met - bought in Ire or UK - so it should be eligible. I emailed them yesterday to query this but no response yet.

• Advertisement

Mine was bought from a well known UK based retailer - Unlocked Mobiles - but i guess the issue is where they get their stock from. Either way - the T&C's have been met - bought in Ire or UK - so it should be eligible. I emailed them yesterday to query this but no response yet.
    Ok - ignore the last post - just got a response and because they had stock before UK/Ire its not included in the offer. Hence i got a set of Nokia Boom headphones bundled instead. So now i know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

If the Nokia 7 is €319 unlocked from Vodafone then I'd get one ASAP. That will probably change. It's a cheap phone jf you can put your Eir or Three sim into it.

Ok - ignore the last post - just got a response and because they had stock before UK/Ire its not included in the offer. Hence i got a set of Nokia Boom headphones bundled instead. So now i know.

Thanks for the info!
    Guess I can expect similar from my one coming from HK!

I returned an Echo dot, as I thought I'd be getting a home mini soon! :pac:
    They are currently £39 on the UK google site, if anyone wants to get one separately ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭biebiebie

jimmynokia wrote: »
    CPW have a mix of locked and sim free devices. I've discussed this here before how to go about getting a sim free device from CPW.

I'm interested in knowing how you can do this. Tried a search on your posts but to be honest it must be buried in a thread somewhere as I couldn't find it.

Any chance you can impart that info again please? It would be most useful to know.. Thanks in advance!

Has someone found the sweet spot for NFC with this phone?

I don't seam to get NFC working with any card or apps but its on, so I wonder where you best match up the sensors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭donnacha

Did you get any email after confirming details? I don't seem to have but I did get the Nokia news/updates subscription one after filling in details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭donnacha

In case other are still hunting for a store with stock in Dublin. Blackrock had none and Nutgrove only had the one which I bought.

donnacha wrote: »
    Did you get any email after confirming details? I don't seem to have but I did get the Nokia news/updates subscription one after filling in details.

No, no confirmation email. I suppose it's just a waiting game now, to see if or when it arrives.

Voda LV out of stock till tuesday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭breeno

I spoke to Nokia support on live chat and they weren't able to offer much help of the Google home mini front. Said its a third party who are looking after the offer and Nokia have no control over or idea of a delivery date.

I wonder if they'll just wait until the offer expires and issue them all at once.

Advertisement