Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone X - €20 Prepay Offers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

gooduse wrote: »
    No it will pick up the Three network.

You had to ask a UK friend

How about my solider friend Punjab in Afghanistan. Will it work there?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭gooduse

carbsy wrote: »
    How about my solider friend Punjab in Afghanistan. Will it work there?

You are joking but Knowroaming covers it

https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/knowroaming-global-sim-card

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

No it will pick up the Three network.

You had to ask a UK friend

Does anyone know what network EE uses in Ireland?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

jdon72 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what network EE uses in Ireland?
    Eir.

Do you have an EE contract? I have a pay as you go sim from EE which uses in Germany only the O2-Network.

But with Vodafone Ireland everyone should be fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

this thread is about Vodafone X as a bargain alert. Please take chat about roaming and other networks to the mobiles forum.

I have a question.

Why are some people not happy with the plan?

You can stream Netflix and Youtube also abroad in the EU and Swizerland as well

Many EU plans have a Cap in the UK exept voxi and Superdrugmobile

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭robbiep958

Since the 10mbps speed cap its become very unstable .. i have moved to eir since and they cap at 5mb over the fair usage and its more stable than Vodafone... Then again this is just my experience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭corks finest

I have a question.

Why are some people not happy with the plan?

You can stream Netflix and Youtube also abroad in the EU and Swizerland as well

Many EU plans have a Cap in the UK exept voxi and Superdrugmobile

Basically it's gone to hell supposedly 10 mb download speed rarely reaches it

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bondja80

I am using vodafone x plan for 17 days, and speed on my 4g router was 10-11mbps constantly. Tonight speed fall down to 3mps first time for this period. If they continue with this speed, I will consider to go back to three network.

• Advertisement

bondja80 wrote: »
    I am using vodafone x plan for 17 days, and speed on my 4g router was 10-11mbps constantly. Tonight speed fall down to 3mps first time for this period. If they continue with this speed, I will consider to go back to three network.

Same my speeds are crap as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Hey,

Couple of pages back I was asking about this weird issue I was having with Vodafone. After their content block was taken off, mega.nz was still blocked.

Well, I found a "fix" for it.

I called the support today for a completely different reason and asked them update my details, name, last name, date. The support person updated it and suddenly mega.nz started to work. How strange is that?

I reckon after the content lock is taken off, you still need to update your details for it to kick in? I don't know, nonetheless, it was a strange issue I experienced with 2 Vodafone SIM cards.

I just want to leave this here in case somebody runs into a similar issue.

If you're buying a SIM in a shop, they're content locked, after you ask them to unblock it by providing your details, mega.nz will still not work. Call them after a week or two and ask them to change your details and once they do it should work. That is exactly what happened to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭smilgy

Ten Pin wrote: »
    There isn't an easy direct fix for APN editing/deletion (unless the option is there in the menu). Try the one plus forums online to get an idea of how to do it. It will probably involve connecting phone to a PC and running ADB commands.

Search online for these terms...
    "oneplus 7 tether dun required"
    "oneplus 7 tether block bypass"
    "oneplus 7 APN edit delete"
    matzen wrote: »
    How did you get tethering to work? I've tried it a couple of times but it takes money of my credit even though the APN is set to live.vodafone.com

So, I had been having this issue where I couldn't delete the HS apn and anytime i tethered, it kept using up my credit. Oneplus/Vodafone set it up in such a way that you couldn't delete the HS apn which was the culprit.

Instead to get around this, I had to add "dun" as the apn type, under the Vodafone Live apn, however, this wasn't allowed by the vodafone sim card. As a weird (and simple workaround), entering "DUN" seems to have worked, and can now tether without issues.

I hope this helps someone, as I struggled to find a solution to this online!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Instead to get around this, I had to add "dun" as the apn type, under the Vodafone Live apn, however, this wasn't allowed by the vodafone sim card. As a weird (and simple workaround), entering "DUN" seems to have worked, and can now tether without issues.

For benefit of other readers, can you post the exact text in that APN type field, punctuation etc.

Did you just get this working recently? AFAIK, ISPs are not allowed to charge extra for tethering any more so maybe VF have finally stopped doing it.

For benefit of other readers, can you post the exact text in that APN type field, punctuation etc.

Did you just get this working recently? AFAIK, ISPs are not allowed to charge extra for tethering any more so maybe VF have finally stopped doing it.

Good idea. I've attached a screenshot of what I've entered exactly. It is: default,supl,DUN

Yep, I only got it sorted today after eating through a tenners credit. I had been with Vodafone for years and tethering was fine, then briefly moved to three for a couple of months and now back to Vodafone, where it would just use credit instead of using the plans data. This was because there is a permanent hs.vodafone.ie apn that you cannot delete as per the rules in the sim card.

I think this may somewhat be phone specific, as when I was searching for a solution, others were simply able to delete the HS apn, but I was not. Then I checked what the apn type was under the HS, and tried to set the live apn to the same, but it wouldn't let me, then after more googling, I found that you could try using all caps for apn type dun, and it worked.

I am by no means an expert in this, but it worked for me anyway, may not for others!

Even the Vodafone CS rep said to try switching to the Vodafone apn, as using the HS apn would charge to your account. He called it a "workaround" and when you switch to the live apn, it should work like "magic". His words not mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭matzen

smilgy wrote: »

I think this may somewhat be phone specific, as when I was searching for a solution, others were simply able to delete the HS apn, but I was not. !

Think you're right. Couldn't delete the hs apn on my OP7T but no problem on my Samsung FE20.

I think this may somewhat be phone specific, as when I was searching for a solution, others were simply able to delete the HS apn, but I was not. Then I checked what the apn type was under the HS, and tried to set the live apn to the same, but it wouldn't let me, then after more googling, I found that you could try using all caps for apn type dun, and it worked.

Can HS APN MNC field entry be edited? If yes then delete the '01' and press OK, then press HOME button (because it probably won't allow SAVE). Then go back in to settings and check if HS APN is still listed.

I notice that when RESET TO DEFAULT option in APN menu is activated, the HS APN does not appear, only the LIVE and MMS APN. Prior to this all three APNs would appear after APNs were reset.

Can HS APN MNC field entry be edited? If yes then delete the '01' and then press HOME button (because it probably won't allow SAVE). Then go back in to settings and check if HS APN is still listed.

Unfortunately anything to do with the HS apn is greyed out, can't edit or delete, only save changes (which I can't make) or discard changes.

Vodafone have a new plan for €30/month called "Extra Unlimited". It is advertised as unlimited 4G+ data but further down says maximum speeds 10 Mbps. Does anyone know if they stick to the cap on it?

• Advertisement

Vodafone have a new plan for €30/month called "Extra Unlimited". It is advertised as unlimited 4G+ data but further down says maximum speeds 10 Mbps. Does anyone know if they stick to the cap on it?

They certainly do atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭homingbird

ITS just reselling the vodafone x deal.

4G+ is pointless if the cap is 10Mbps. IMO, it's false advertising. It's the same plan as X with anytime calls instead of weekend only.

They certainly do atm

So then is the only way to get unlimited speeds to pay €35/month then €45/month on a 12 month contract?

did somebody use eir mobile sim only plan 30 day rolling contract for 14.99e? do they have cap, or it is unlimited data?
    https://www.eir.ie/mobile/simonly/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

did somebody use eir mobile sim only plan 30 day rolling contract for 14.99e? do they have cap, or it is unlimited data?

tried to sign up for eir sim only complete, failed credit check. no reason why, email from eor advised to send a letter to them to find out why, upon searching boards it seems to happen quite a bit...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,317 ✭✭✭CoBo55

BArra wrote: »
    tried to sign up for eir sim only complete, failed credit check. no reason why, email from eor advised to send a letter to them to find out why, upon searching boards it seems to happen quite a bit...

Happened me too...

120Gb

120Gb
    yes but they advertise:
    Whether you binge on endless series on Netflix, stream music for hours, game or watch YouTube all night, with No Limits Data from eir SIM only there really are no limits! Plus enjoy unlimited calls & texts and FREE eir sport. All on a 30-day contract.
    And 120gb will not be enough for endles netflix and youtube.

And eir prepaid 20e topup is also No Limits Data, but there isn't this advertise: endless series on Netflix, stream music for hours, game or watch YouTube all night.

yes but they advertise:
    Whether you binge on endless series on Netflix, stream music for hours, game or watch YouTube all night, with No Limits Data from eir SIM only there really are no limits! Plus enjoy unlimited calls & texts and FREE eir sport. All on a 30-day contract.

And eir prepaid 20e topup is also No Limits Data, but there isn't this advertise: endless series on Netflix, stream music for hours, game or watch YouTube all night.

But but but it's eir, I have to stress, wouldn't go back to them at gunpoint

yes but they advertise:

Well after 120Gb, speeds are just reduced so technically there’s no limit. However, the reduced speeds are so slow that you can’t use it for anything

• Advertisement

Well after 120Gb, speeds are just reduced so technically there’s no limit. However, the reduced speeds are so slow that you can’t use it for anything

Others have reported that Gomo speed over the limit is 5Mbps, eir is possibly the same, it used to be below 1Mbps but was increased to 5 sometime last year.

Others have reported that Gomo speed over the limit is 5Mbps, eir is possibly the same, it used to be below 1Mbps but was increased to 5 sometime last year.

I had Gomo a few months ago and I’m pretty sure it went down to like 0.2Mbps, might be wrong though

I had Gomo a few months ago and I’m pretty sure it went down to like 0.2Mbps, might be wrong though

That's poor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,624 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I'm still astonished they are allowed advertise "unlimited" when it's only unlimited up to "X" and then you are in the lap of the gods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

okidoki987 wrote: »
    I'm still astonished they are allowed advertise "unlimited" when it's only unlimited up to "X" and then you are in the lap of the gods.

you could say the same about broadband ...speeds of "upto" 100gb

Vodafone are now launching their own budget network, Clear Mobile - €12.99 / month for unlimited calls, texts and data. BUT speeds are restricted to 5Mb/s - https://www.clearmobile.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Vodafone are now launching their own budget network, Clear Mobile - €12.99 / month for unlimited calls, texts and data. BUT speeds are restricted to 5Mb/s - https://www.clearmobile.ie/

Interesting! What is the advantage of them launching these separate budget networks and brands instead of just introducing a new plan.

5Mbps is a joke though. Even their 10Mbps is a joke! X should be 20Mbps and this one should be 10.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 Userloss

You could also think about Voxi they have a endlessplan for 30 pound which is not capped at 10mbits.

However 10mbits is still enough for streaming films

In Germany or Denmark you will have only capped 200 GB plans in France as well. So we really can't complain

You cry about 10 mbits unlimited speed in Ireland and the eu?

Other operators could dream about this.

Look what people in Belgium or Netherlands pay for their capped data! Or the Germans they pay 100 Euro for unlimited!

Befor New Year I spoke with Vodafone if they will cut you off after 4 month you are not using your plan in Ireland they say they won't

CyberGhost wrote: »
    Interesting! What is the advantage of them launching these separate budget networks and brands instead of just introducing a new plan.

5Mbps is a joke though. Even their 10Mbps is a joke! X should be 20Mbps and this one should be 10.
    Agree 5/10 download speeds in this day and age is crappy

• Advertisement

But then they coudn't offer 10 mbits speed abroad I think. This is the only plan which offers true unlimited data outside of Ireland

Userloss wrote: »
    You could also think about Voxi they have a endlessplan for 30 pound which is not capped at 10mbits.

In Germany or Denmark you will have only capped 200 GB plans in France as well. So we really can't complain

Look what people in Belgium or Netherlands pay for their capped data! Or the Germans they pay 100 Euro for unlimited!

It doesn’t matter what other countries offer - Vodafone’s new deal isn’t great value for Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Firbolg

But then they coudn't offer 10 mbits speed abroad I think. This is the only plan which offers true unlimited data outside of Ireland
    Ah, you're back again by another name 'gooduse'! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

You're back, and with a new name.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 morchgally

You're back, and with a new name.

:pac::pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 Usisu

Abroad the offer is very good.

For 20 Euro you will hsve true unlimited data.

I use it in Swizerland now in Germany.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Usisu wrote: »
    Abroad the offer is very good.

For 20 Euro you will hsve true unlimited data.

I use it in Swizerland now in Germany.
    Oh, Mother of Sweet Devine Jesus..!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Quackster wrote: »

IP address cannot be blacklisted if you're on the move that often either :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,317 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Quackster wrote: »

Terrible isn't it, he has the thread ruined.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 Usisu

Advertisement