Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia fires on Ukranian vessels

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Armadildo wrote: »
    Won't be no nukes hitting Ireland.

Won't be no...

So there will be some?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Raheem Euro

Need to secure the industrial Donets basin and then the Caucausis Oil Fields. Then capture Stalingrad.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

igCorcaigh wrote: »

."Russia warns Western allies to not interfere in crimes committed by Ukraine "

Exactly what I said they would claim

• Registered Users Posts: 22,243 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Does this mean there is actually a "Crimea River"?

unfortunately not, well, maybe if you're not picky about your news sources
    http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Crimea_River

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Anyone seen Cheerful Spring?

Anyone seen Cheerful Spring?

He's giving his version of events in the politics forum

Appeasment will only provide temporary relief. Russia will be encouraged and moreso throw its weight around. Ukraine needs to stand firm. With hopefully intetnational support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Armadildo wrote: »
    Won't be no nukes hitting Ireland.

As long as the wind is SW, and you don't mind an extended global winter of sorts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

President Obama didn't intervene to stop Russia's annexation of Crimea. I wonder what Trump will say.

I must dust off my old copy of The Day After.

As long as the wind is SW, and you don't mind an extended global winter of sorts.

I think "nuclear winter" has been debunked hasnt it?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I wonder how big a deal it really is, fighting at the front with the 'separatists' never stopped the last years, there's an exchange of fire every single day that's usually worse than this

At least this will knock Brexit off the headlines for a bit!

I wonder how big a deal it really is, fighting at the front with the 'separatists' never stopped the last years, there's an exchange of fire every single day that's usually worse than this

This is a direct military confrontation between two state powers. When was the last time that happened in the region. Georgia?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,559 ✭✭✭✭briany

I wonder what else Russia would be trying if NATO as we know it didn't exist and places like the Baltic states had little protection. People talk about EU integration being a bad thing, but it looks pretty rosy if the alternative is Russia pushing into Europe, or entering into economic domination by the U.S. or China.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Fück Ukraine. Those nazi loving Cúnts.

briany wrote: »
    I wonder what else Russia would be trying if NATO as we know it didn't exist and places like the Baltic states had little protection. People talk about EU integration being a bad thing, but it looks pretty rosy if the alternative is Russia pushing into Europe, or entering into economic domination by the U.S. or China.

Sure. Of course the reverse could also be asked.

I just think it's unfortunate that the world is stuck in the global power play of the 19th century, rather than working together to face up to the great global problems of the 21st century. But here we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

World War 5 Putin the fear in Europe and the world beyond until Donald Ducks up

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 302 ✭✭Muscles Schultz

https://youtu.be/8BUxGMbiMps

This is key for the Irish !

European army doesn't sound so bad now ,

Russians and China on one said grabbing land ,oceans and resources ,

America on the other side

And a divided and weak Europe in the middle what possibly could go wrong

Gatling wrote: »

Is banging the drum for a European based military industrial complex going to move things along?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

mad muffin wrote: »
    Huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

will there will be panic buying of white pan bread tomorrow in dublin?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 15,832 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

mad muffin wrote: »

Think you can put together quite a list of nations who cosied up to Hitler at one time or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Gatling wrote: »

Weak Europe? Britain and France have hundreds of Nuclear weapons. Lets not scaremonger us into joining a European army because I dont want my kids fighting any war for a foreign nation.

Conflicting reports about escalation in Donetsk.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    I dont want my kids fighting any war for a foreign nation.

But you'll expect other children from countries to fight for us.

But give them a keyboard .

I'm sure they will fight with key strokes

• Advertisement

pri wrote: »
    Do you mean this:

sputniknews.com/europe/201811251070123268-ukraine-donbass-shelling-heavy-artillery

No, other sources on twitter give differing accounts.

Wouldn't trust anything dot.ru at the moment.

And...

Russian disinfo it seems

Advertisement