Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Tom Egan lads.

Whatever happened between him and Conor????

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

The Nal wrote: »
    Not to turn this into a religious debate but theres not historical proof - even hard evidence - of him existing. Or Jesus for that matter.

There's plenty of evidence of Muhammad's existence. Far more so than Jesus.
    Just because the existence of God can't be proven, don't mistake that as there being no evidence of people who believed in nonexistent gods.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Tom Egan lads.

Whatever happened between him and Conor????

Nice attempt to get things back on track. Wasn't this figured out a long time ago? I can't remember what the outcome was though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Pics or it didn't happen.

Not to turn this into a religious debate but theres not historical proof - even hard evidence - of him existing. Or Jesus for that matter.

Its all a load of bollocks.

It always amazes me how a lot of fighters are very religious.

I think it helps them with discipline, to have an orderly life. Especially so for fighters who have had tough upbringings.

if you find a system of discipline or a belief structure that works for you in helping to make life more worth while and you need to put a face on it, then thank Jesus, Mohamad, Buddha. what does it matter, fighter or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

rusty cole wrote: »
    if you find a system of discipline or a belief structure that works for you in helping to make life more worth while and you need to put a face on it, then thank Jesus, Mohamad, Buddha. what does it matter, fighter or not.

Absolutely. Kavanagh is perfectly entitled to disagree with someone's belief system, but he's a prick the way he gets on mocking things that others hold to be important (as is anyone else who acts the same way). He's an absolute charlatan who is nothing without McGregor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭ignorance is strength

This is what McGregor DM-ed "Blind Boy" from the Rubberbandits (A minute before reading it out on his podcast, linked above by rob316, "Blind Boy" was saying how McGregor isn't a thug.):

"Be very careful speaking on my name without full facts. Are you assuming I'm to be shot soon with your Tupac reference? By your response it seems that way. I respect you and your opinions regarding the treatment of Irish people by our own government. I have listened to many of your talks. But do not ever speak my name in this disrespectful vein again. You are a man with a bag on his head; don't get left in it."

"Blind Boy" then says that he apologised to McGregor and that any journalists listening should not write a clickbait report of the DM, because "You're a man with a bag on his head; don't get left in it" isn't a threat...

But, it is to me. Theatrically threaten other fighters all you want, but for McGregor to say that to an entertainment personality seems just as sinister if it had been someone anonymous. Can you think of any other notable person or profession who wouldn't be lambasted for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

He's an absolute charlatan who is nothing without McGregor.

That's simply not true. I don't know how involved or how much you care about the Irish MMA scene - but by the sounds of it very little on both counts.

I also don't see why you have to mention it. Your snide attacks like that weaken your arguments (some may hold water).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Did Blindboy delete whatever tweet it was that McGregor DM'd him about? Can't see it on the Rubberbandits page.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Did Blindboy delete whatever tweet it was that McGregor DM'd him about? Can't see it on the Rubberbandits page.

Yes, he said he deleted it after he received the DM from Conor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,515 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Can you think of any other notable person or profession who wouldn't be lambasted for that?

Did you hear the voicemail his sister left her dog minder?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Yep he said on the podcast he deleted it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,515 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Link?

Don't have one sorry. Got sent it on whatsapp.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

this sounds good, we need an online copy.

No, and I can't find it on google or twitter! What is the nature of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I want to hear this!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

This better be real and not some nonsense...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Lukker- wrote: »
    That's simply not true. I don't know how involved or how much you care about the Irish MMA scene - but by the sounds of it very little on both counts.

I also don't see why you have to mention it. Your snide attacks like that weaken your arguments (some may hold water).

It's absolutely true - his entire platform, his ability to get a book deal, his media exposure and his social media prevalence, all of which enable him to espouse his pseudo philosophical nonsense are as a result of being McGregor's coach. Nothing to do with his involvement in the Irish MMA scene.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Effects wrote: »
    You're getting mixed up there. Muhammad was real and did exist.
    Muhammad isn't a god, he was a prophet.
    Allah is Khabib's god. Same dude who is the Catholic's god.

This is number one bullsh*t

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

how does the blood get pumped back up to his heart, he has no calf muscles!!

Portland-15.jpg

someone asked for a pic of Muhammad , heres one
    Mohammed_receiving_the_submission_of_the_Banu_Nadir.jpg

which are skinnier, Muhammad's horses' legs, or Jon Jones legs?

(Sorry)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Where is the voicemail lads c'mon

• Registered Users Posts: 20,540 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Where is the voicemail lads c'mon
    Its just silly but as I said this morning as Tony said it's in the DNA,
    Its long the lines of the dog groomer left a voice message saying ,shes annoyed that his sister, stood her up twice and cost her money , its not fair some people have jobs they need to work and not messed about, and that if it was the skin care she promotes on insta she would have turned up ( now my question is why recored a voice message you leave someone )
    the sister leave's a voice message in reply in , about how dare she tell her to get a job and comment on her skin , doesn't sound like much and isn't but its come's across like a child having a melt down as shes screeching in hysterics  basically its funny,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

The sister is a gee-bag

thebull85 wrote: »
    The sister is a gee-bag
    It comes across that way , I think she's in her 30's  its total cringe stuff even if you where 15,

Its long the lines of the dog groomer left a voice message saying ,shes annoyed that his sister, stood her up twice and cost her money , its not fair some people have jobs they need to work and not messed about, and that if it was the skin care she promotes on insta she would have turned up ( now my question is why recored a voice message you leave someone )
    the sister leave's a voice message in reply in , about how dare she tell her to get a job and comment on her skin , doesn't sound like much and isn't but its come's across like a child having a melt down as shes screeching in hysterics  basically its funny,

Thanks for that! Sounds to me like neither comes out of it brilliantly. Although it's not at all cool to cancel on appointments like that, I'd give the sister the benefit of the doubt: I've said things on the phone too that would not sound great if recorded and replayed!

Thanks for that! Sounds to me like neither comes out of it brilliantly. Although it's not at all cool to cancel on appointments like that, I'd give the sister the benefit of the doubt: I've said things on the phone too that would not sound great if recorded and replayed!
    Turst me you've never been like this :) unless your 15year old girl and completely lost the plot, Its not really what she says its how she's said it , If I heard my missus like that id have her looked at haha,

• Advertisement

Turst me you've never been like this :) unless your 15year old girl and completely lost the plot, Its not really what she says its how she's said it , If I heard my missus like that id have her looked at haha,

Cheers, but..be very careful speaking on my name without full facts! Tbh, I was expecting her to have threatened to unleash her brother in some way, which I think would have been worse!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement