Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I just see it as the developers having fun with their creation which when you look at it is pretty daft and goofy. I remember mk9 having really absurd silly moments as well. It's not like fighting games have never had daft goofy endings.

The tower mode this is from is basic ally the arcade mode of a fighting game and the short silly endings fit in with other endings in the genre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Just watched it there, sorry but who is annoyed at the ending?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The Gamer Gate crowd, from what I can tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The Gamer Gate crowd, from what I can tell.

Why does this thread always end up back at f**king Gamer Gate :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

ERG89 wrote: »

Hows does one poster metioning the words gamer gate,with no evidence actually,just a lazy assumption,make this thread always end up at gamer gate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Robert, you seem to be all about anti-censorship, at least when it comes to giant anime tits judging by those articles you regularly link to on oneangrygamer etc, so what is wrong with one mini-story in a game saying "And slavery never existed and we lived happily ever after. The end."? Shouldn't game writers have freedom of expression?

I'm annoyed at myself for even biting at this crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Jesus. It's the one of 25 different character endings in a daft fighting game about pulling people's faces off that has it's own huge story mode. Why is this so important? Do you not think you're blowing up the significance of this a bit?
    If by blowing it up you mean replying to people responding to me? But you're right it's not important. In fact the bulk of my original posts were about other things. People just keep replying to me about how I should ignore it. Last few posts about the ending are honestly just a big example not taking one's own advice.
    J. Marston wrote: »
    Robert, you seem to be all about anti-censorship, at least when it comes to giant anime tits judging by those articles you regularly link to on oneangrygamer etc,
    Cool let's just bring up stuff that hasn't been posted anytime recently and has nothing to do with anything to further bloat this conversation.
    so what is wrong with one mini-story in a game saying "And slavery never existed and we lived happily ever after.
    'Wrong' with it? I believe I already expressed how I think woke shyte is trash. Enough said?
    Shouldn't game writers have freedom of expression?
    Hang on now. Yes they do but when have I ever asked for it to be removed? When have I ever expressed this? I brought it (the woke shyte) up as a minor thing relating to its metacritic score. The only thing that actually peeved me is the double standard reasoning for costume changes absurd MTs and my suspicion that meta user scores will be quietly erased as has happened before. The ending is the least of my interest. But seeing as how taboo it is too call it out for the woke junk it is, if reviews are discounted I highly suspect that'll be one of the excuses they give for all of them.
    I'm annoyed at myself for even biting at this crap.
    I am too. I tried to move the topic away from it but nobody wants to. :rolleyes:
    Penn wrote: »
    Just because he uses the word "woke" in that context (as in, he's not waiting centuries for people to treat black people fairly), doesn't mean the ending itself or the intention of the developers, is "woke".
    Then we'll just have to agree to disagree on that. It's a woke ending and it's probably the first video game I've ever heard use the actual term, unironically at that. NRS have said similar stuff on social media for MKX too. If that doesn't count I dunno what does. But who cares let's just move on, it's F'ing boring.

Back to news in censorship. This article https://www.gamespark.jp/article/2019/04/25/89215.html (japanese sorry) reveals that Sony literally has no rules regarding censorship. It's all done case-by-case, ie there's no way for developers to work around anything. They could just get the censor slap at any moment because of whatever Sony/China is sensitive to at the time. Twitter post related to it: https://twitter.com/nickmon1112/status/1121080080074203136

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

And they say that all the gates whose wicked deeds are widely known,
    (I might mention Mungojerrie, I might mention Griddlebone)
    Are nothing more than agents for the Gate who all the time
    Just controls their operations: the Napoleon of Crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

This Robert lad is easily triggered

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

The MK11 Jax arcade ending is fine, I do reckon they just threw in the term "get woke" deliberately just to generate controversy and publicity though and it worked.

Criticizing an ending on the grounds that time travelling past changing is lazy writing is to criticize the entire premise of the series since the 2009 reboot. The reboot was set in an alternate time line from the original 7 games in the series after Raiden sends a message back through time. The premise of MK11 is that the Kronica the Keeper of Time is trying to change the timeline again. The non canon arcade endings have all 25 characters become the keeper of time and then virtually all of them change the timeline in some manner.

Of course the alternate timeline allows the game developers to bring back characters who have been killed off, which caters to fan service. The storyline is daft on the whole, its mean't to be but its still a silly kind of fun.

As for the female character designs being ugly, well that's all subjective. I think they generally are quite good, I quite like the new look Kitana, she seems the most changed, her face looks more asian but it works well. Maybe old Sonya is looking abit well...middle aged in it, but hey there is also a young Sonya in it (thanks alternate timelines!). Yes they women are showing less skin than before but that hardly makes them ugly, I don't see any 25 stone rugby playing prop forwards among the ladies. The male characters on the whole probably do show more skin in this game which makes a change for say the other 9,000 cases of it being the other way round but they are hardly been as sexualized as women characters have been for years. Why do women in games keep showing up to fights wearing nothing but shoulder and shin pads and em bikinis?

Its fair to criticize a game over micro-transactions, particularly if a game is so grind heavy (and the grind is boring to play) that it strongly pushes the player towards micro-transactions. The developers have acknowledged this and have already patched the game to make improvements in this regard and have a confirmed a second patch to further improve the situation. Again its fair to criticize the game for grind/micro transactions in its current form but after a week or so it might be worth taking another look to see if the criticism is still valid.

I've also seen some complaints about the PC version being marred by tech issues. I think its too early to call on this. It could be buggy, or it could be a small percentage of players having issues and that's being blown up in scale by the internet rage herd who want more ammunition to bash the game with.

I understand to some people issues like DRM, micro-transactions, character designs etc are important topics and play a part in their purchasing decisions but just because a reviewer doesn't see them as important as say mother f**king god damn gameplay which you know the reason is why most of us actually play video games doesn't invalidate the review, doesn't mean the reviewer has been bought off or has some PC agenda. I cringe when I see these user review bombings on steam and metacritic. It would be nice to have a balanced ,reasoned discussion about these topics, but I'm sure I'll be accused of been a shill, a sheep and a mindless consumer who facilitates corporate greed and the insidious SJW agenda for having such a sentiment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    This Robert lad is easily triggered

Ironically,it amazes me that so many here are triggered by robs posts:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Heard a rumor there's a special edition for Northern Ireland in the works. You get to play as Gerry Adams and stop the Ulster Plantations.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Heard a rumor there's a special edition for Northern Ireland in the works. You get to play as Gerry Adams and stop the Ulster Plantations.

Red dead plantation...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Red dead plantation...

That was actually a response to all the MK spiel. But it could work as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

EoinHef wrote: »

Why poeple keep giving him attention is beyond me. His like thrive off it. As soon as you ignore them it tends to stop.

EoinHef wrote: »
    But don't you know? They're ignoring it with a fiery passion :P
    Why poeple keep giving him attention is beyond me. His like thrive off it. As soon as you ignore them it tends to stop.
    If only you knew how fed up I feel when I see 2 pages of butthurt about a news topic I find interesting. I think many just disagree with me on principle actually. I could probably post "blue" and there'd be a text wall about how blue is gamergate and should be shunned. I think the only reason I'm not banned is because boards needs all the traffic they can get. Probably thriving off conflict like twitter.
    Azza wrote: »
    Tjust because a reviewer doesn't see them as important as say mother f**king god damn gameplay which you know the reason is why most of us actually play video games doesn't invalidate the review
    Not that I read critic reviews (don't get me started) but I agree - it doesn't invalidate the review and I don't know why you think I have that opinion. If someone thinks the game balance, fps, drm or sex appeal are issues then they are to them and probably others, hence extensive review systems these days. However certain types (blue checkmarks) are pretty ok with removing, blacklisting or discounting scores for things they have decided don't count. Rotten tomatoes, IMDB(if I'm remembering correctly) and steam have had their reviews heavily tweaked because the opinions expressed about the products were considered not valid. I'm just not into other people and especially corporations controlling what is/isn't valid criticism. Take me and you for example. Obviously we have very different opinions on what we should inform our fellow consumers about. If you wanna say go get it, it's nice n' woke. That's fine with me. I wouldn't want or even need the review suppressed or its score discounted. But user review suppression is heavily weighted to topics I care about, hence why I post about this kind of topic.

In news

PUBG is being banned in Nepal
    https://thehimalayantimes.com/kathmandu/supreme-court-stays-govt-ban-on-pubg/

Isn't Fortnite more popular? I wonder if the government is just that behind in trends.

Here's an english article about what I posted last time.
    https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/04/25/japanese-sony-spokesman-contradicts-california-spokeswoman-regarding-companys-censorship-policy/
    I feel bad for anyone who's gone all-in on Sony as their main entertainment platform.

In case anyone missed it. If you were a fan of Chivalry then there's a similar game in the works
    https://www.exclusivelygames.com/medieval-slasher-mordhau-emphasizes-skill-based-combat/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,151 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I think the only reason I'm not banned is because boards needs all the traffic they can get. Probably thriving off conflict like twitter.

LOL. Getting criticised by a poster for not banning them is a new one in my years of modding here :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Site Banned Posts: 328 ✭✭ogsjw

Took me about five seconds of reading posts to figure it out.

Someone asked who disliked that particular MK11 ending.

Guy answered with exactly who it was.

That's how we got there.

Did you expect the poster to answer with 'those that must not be named'?

Why does them being referenced annoy you but the backlash against the ending doesn't seem to elicit a response from you?

I can completely understand that you just want to talk games without any of that bullsh1t, after five years it's bloody boring; I agree with you.

And yet that group keep acting up; so point your anger in the right direction. That ending should've been the biggest non-story possible. But they twisted it so it became a story. Their nonsense does fit the thread's reason for existing, in that sense. Plus e3 is two months away still :P
    Robert, you seem to be all about anti-censorship, at least when it comes to giant anime tits

Their hypocrisy in a nutshell. So then they move the goalposts to 'anime tiddies are fine but 'woke' people are hypocrites. They love the goalpost moving too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Evade

There's a difference between "look how dumb this is" and "look how harmful this is." From what I can see most of the people on the internet criticising MK11's wokeness are laughing at it, most of the people criticising anime titties are calling it harmful.

• Advertisement

Evade wrote: »
    There's a difference between "look how dumb this is" and "look how harmful this is." From what I can see most of the people on the internet criticising MK11's wokeness are laughing at it, most of the people criticising anime titties are calling it harmful.

Don't know what you're looking at at all, because gators are review bombing MK11, not half-heartedly laughing it off, while most who are against anime tiddies just consider it pathetic and think it makes the medium and its' fanbase look bad, juvenile, and sexist, it has created people who get very triggered when we try to move on from it. Unfortunately large pockets of the gaming fanbase is juvenile and sexist too, and the running theory is because we came up with the kind of content being treated as dead normal instead of dead weird. That's why some are looking to change that. For all the rightful criticism of Neverrealm for crunch and employee treatment, they were brave to come out with this ending and saying that they deliberately had less 'tits out' costumes in MK11, as the fighting game community are notoriously sexist. Their stance has likely hit their bottom line in a notable way.

But there's no use complaining that people look at gaming as being childish (if that bothers you) while simultaneously defending anime tiddies, racism in online game chats, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Their bottom line is the most successful mk launch to date. However they need to cop the **** on ignoring pc patches

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    video
    Was about to post this. Brilliant breakdown of something that's been a bane to modern gaming. He makes a good point about the narrative that you don't own your games is BS. People ate that corporate narrative straight up way too fast.
    ogsjw wrote: »
    Their hypocrisy in a nutshell. So then they move the goalposts to 'anime tiddies are fine but 'woke' people are hypocrites. They love the goalpost moving too.
    I never asked for anything to be removed/changed nor do I celebrate censorship. I simply think it's woke garbage (Taste isn't hypocrisy) done for attention. Corporations doing anything 'woke' is always insincere trash. They don't care about you or any such topics. As for "tits v woke", only one of them is under a siege of censorship and it's more like tits v violence (because it's OK to mutilate bodies for entertainment but unfathomable to appreciate them) I think sex appeal and titillation are just low hanging fruit that gaming outlets will never defend. It's softening the the corporations and consumers to the real point: appeasing the Chinese censor for $£€.

https://twitter.com/mombot/status/1118279754824556544

In news:
    More insane statements from EG.
    https://nichegamer.com/2019/04/28/epic-games-boss-tim-sweeney-well-stop-pursuing-exclusives-if-valve-offers-a-better-cut-for-gamedevs/

Corporations doing anything 'woke' is always insincere trash.

These games are made by people, not 'corporations'. It's project directors that call these shots. Nice try though.

I have family who were bartenders for Ed Boon for the guts of a year on their year out in Chicago and always described him as a sound fella. Again, there are serious issues at Neverrealm (crunch that WB are more than likely responsible for), but I wasn't surprised to hear about the positive changes they were making with MK11 regarding costumes, and that completely inconsequential arcade ending is fine with me too.

DICE, Ubisoft, Naughty Dog, the guys working on Vampire Masquerade 2, Sony making official guidelines about the content on their platform, now Neverrealm... the alt-right loses more ground in the ideological department every day. You don't see big publishers making a statement about their games being 'progressive free', that's for sure.

At least they'll always have anime tiddy mahjong games on Steam.

Speaking of which, next steam sale is May 23rd supposedly. My wishlist is ready.

These games are made by people, not 'corporations'.
    Meaningless statement that could be made about any product ever. NRS do what they're told.
    I have family who were bartenders for Ed Boon for the guts of a year on their year out in Chicago and always described him as a sound fella.
    I'm sure he is. I've nothing but respect for him. AFAIK he hasn't got much to do with the MTs or any of the other malarkey. I think MK9 was his last passion project. The WarnerBros grip is too hard now.

xo5jEAu.jpg

positive changes they were making with MK11 regarding costumes
    But only for women. The men can stay half naked.
    Sony making official guidelines
    As I already posted they don't have any guidelines and they want to keep it that way so they can remove anything on a whim, keeping publishers walking on eggshells and primed for that Chinese market. (which will eliminate most LGB+ content)
    You don't see big publishers making a statement about their games being 'progressive free'
    Ahem:
    The non-PC buxom shinobi of SENRAN KAGURA, the brawler series that’s as over-the-top with its fighting mechanics as it is with its gratuitous depictions of female ninja in various forms of undress
    It's a play on words for their release on PC as a platform while making fun of "politically correct".

This is the same publisher whose major staff (Takaki) are being chased off because of Sony censorship interference rather than letting the market decide.

https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/1110826826207653888?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
    The big reason is the recent censoring of sexual presentations.

My inside feels like having a string cut off.While sexual things may be criticized, there are also many people who do enjoy [those expressions]. I believed that such variation could be one of the [pillars] to support the gaming industry, but it ended up getting crushed easily like this… it became a cue for me to think about various things.

I’d welcome regulations and restrictions to protect specific genres and scopes. But I feel like the recent course of events made it seem like they’re totally intent to crush it.
    At least they'll always have anime tiddy mahjong games on Steam.
    Wrong again if the "progressive" crowd have their way. Here's the valve ban list.

Ayura Crisis!
    Cartagra: Affliction of the Soul
    Cross Love Episode 1
    d20: Sweet Roll Club
    Domination Quest
    Emily’s Adventure
    Fap CEO
    Food Girls Indefinitely
    Gay Nation: A Gay Game For Gays
    Girls Puzzle
    Glory of the SelfStyled Diehard Girl
    Gods of Hentai
    Hello, Goodbye
    Hentai Nation
    Hentai School Life
    High School Fantasy
    Imolicious
    Kara no Shojo 2
    Koikatu: International Edition
    Latenight Nurse Call
    Love Shoot
    Maidens of Michael
    MaoMao Discovery Team
    Mega Milk Story
    Moe Reversi
    Monster Mashing Deluxe
    My Bullied Bride
    My Erotic Summer
    My Girlfriend
    Nightblade Erin
    Niplheim’s Hunter: Lust Brand Prostitute DLC
    Noble & Knightess Episode 1
    OnaKen! International
    PapaPub
    Rabbit Thief
    Rance VI & Rance 5D
    Rape Day
    Sakura Tempest
    Saydi And The Ancient Forest
    Star Guardians
    Tenkiame Indefinitely
    The Key To Home
    The Orcs Strike Back!
    The Last Girl: Janna’s Diary of Shame
    This Is My Story
    Victory Project

In news:
    https://techraptor.net/content/nintendo-switch-8-update-adds-overclocking-boost-mode

First console to have native overclocking? I wonder what this means for 9th gen. Perhaps they'll all have options to push the system harder for better FPS or some more AA. I've been modding my vita lately and there's ways to OC it too that the vita community seem to love.

Meaningless statement that could be made about any product ever.

Except it isn't meaningless, because you said the opposite, which is wrong.

xo5jEAu.jpg

This some kind of homophobic trash meme? Kudos to SonicFox what he's done and where he's thrived in terms of toxic communities is a credit to him.

Wanna see alt-right bad faith arguments? That image is not the only photo taken with Boon, check out the first result here...

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=dyvGXJCiIaOP1fAP3fGJ4AU&q=ed+boon+sonic+fox#imgrc=icKVGJKzO0W0LM:

Yeah. That's the alt-right for ya. Professional re-framing liars.

But only for women. The men can stay half naked.

Oh dear, we still don't understand sexualization vs power fantasy? The alt-right is almost five years old now unfortunately, how is this still something that needs to be taught. How slow can one be. Talk about bad faith arguments.

As I already posted they don't have any guidelines and they want to keep it that way so they can remove anything on a whim, keeping publishers walking on eggshells and primed for that Chinese market. (which will eliminate most LGB+ content)

Tinfoil-hat making at its' very finest. Most Chinese developed games (so mostly mobile) have dumb anime tiddy character designs... pure raving conspiracy theory here.

This is the same publisher whose major staff (Takaki) are being chased off because of Sony censorship interference rather than letting the market decide.

https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/1110826826207653888?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

If someone's 'creative expression' is limited to 'animu pantie shots' the world is better off. Look at Hideki Kamiya. Dude does not give a fook, generally, yet him and his games still manage to be respected by bigots and progressives alike, and the dude is developing for bloody Nintendo for crying out loud. Because he's got more to impress people with than cheap titilation.

Wrong again if the "progressive" crowd have their way. Here's the valve ban list.

Ayura Crisis!
    Cartagra: Affliction of the Soul
    Cross Love Episode 1
    d20: Sweet Roll Club
    Domination Quest
    Emily’s Adventure
    Fap CEO
    Food Girls Indefinitely
    Gay Nation: A Gay Game For Gays
    Girls Puzzle
    Glory of the SelfStyled Diehard Girl
    Gods of Hentai
    Hello, Goodbye
    Hentai Nation
    Hentai School Life
    High School Fantasy
    Imolicious
    Kara no Shojo 2
    Koikatu: International Edition
    Latenight Nurse Call
    Love Shoot
    Maidens of Michael
    MaoMao Discovery Team
    Mega Milk Story
    Moe Reversi
    Monster Mashing Deluxe
    My Bullied Bride
    My Erotic Summer
    My Girlfriend
    Nightblade Erin
    Niplheim’s Hunter: Lust Brand Prostitute DLC
    Noble & Knightess Episode 1
    OnaKen! International
    PapaPub
    Rabbit Thief
    Rance VI & Rance 5D
    Rape Day
    Sakura Tempest
    Saydi And The Ancient Forest
    Star Guardians
    Tenkiame Indefinitely
    The Key To Home
    The Orcs Strike Back!
    The Last Girl: Janna’s Diary of Shame
    This Is My Story
    Victory Project

Progressive, hell, curation with some human decency caught a game called ****ing 'Rape Day'. Good. That list looks good to me, good start for Valve, they desperately need to curate more.

Switch's OCing means practically nothing, just a load time improving measure, it isn't used during gameplay for power saving reasons. Incidentally MK11 is the title using the system running at its' highest available Mhz.

Oh dear, we still don't understand sexualization vs power fantasy?
    Double standard. Incredibly blind. Glad you admit your hypocrisy, though.
    If someone's 'creative expression' is limited to 'animu pantie shots' the world is better off.
    Censorship is ok as long as it agress with your tastes. You're pro censorship. I'm not. There's the difference.
    This some kind of homophobic trash meme?
    I don't know who that is other than it's a furry suit and Boon looks about ready to engage hara-kiri.
    Look at Hideki Kamiya
    I was actually going to use him as an example previously. I doubt we'll be seeing another Bayonetta-type game from him in the future if we let these blue checkmarks have their way, though.
    developing for bloody Nintendo for crying out loud.
    It is indeed ridiculous that Nintendo censor less than Sony.
    Switch's OCing means practically nothing, just a load time improving measure, it isn't used during gameplay for power saving reasons.
    Load time isn't "practically nothing". Some games suffer terribly for long load times. Tekken 7 being one I care about. Tekken 5 had super fast loading times.
    Tinfoil-hat making at its' very finest.
    If you think Chinese censorship is a myth then I feel bad for you. I previously posted how Chinese developers have literally gone missing for their game having a hidden jpeg that criticised the government. They constantly make changes to any product coming in like movies. I suppose I could get you defending the Chinese state if it meant you could disagree with me based on whatever labels you wish to stick me with, though.
    Valve, they desperately need to curate more
    They have a system to let users do that. Also you already have to opt-in to even see games marked as "Adult", so there's still no reason to censor. I know you don't care though and it's never enough because you're the kind of person who is happy censor anything you don't like. I wash my hands of you.

Double standard. Incredibly blind. Glad you admit your hypocrisy, though.

Something cannot be a 'double standard' if THEY'RE ENTIRELY DIFFERENT CONCEPTS. Do you not understand the difference between the two? Break down the terms to understand them, and I'll help you if you still can't wrap your head around them.

Censorship is ok as long as it agress with your tastes. You're pro censorship. I'm not. There's the difference.

Only in your head.

I don't know who that is other than it's a furry suit and Boon looks about ready to engage hara-kiri.

Except again, that is NOT the main photo taken of the two of them, follow the link I posted above, the one that proves alt-right reframing lies... and clearly you are, as you admitted, uninformed.

I was actually going to use him as an example previously. I doubt we'll be seeing another Bayonetta-type game from him in the future if we let these blue checkmarks have their way, though.

The existence of Bayo 2 literally proves you wrong.

It is indeed ridiculous that Nintendo censor less than Sony.

They don't. What plane of existence do you live on. That tacky edgelord ****e 'Agony' is on PS4. So you are wrong. Again.

Load time isn't "practically nothing". Some games suffer terribly for long load times. Tekken 7 being one I care about. Tekken 5 had super fast loading times.

TIL Tekken is on Switch, which is what we're talking about. HUH.

OCing is only an exciting prospect on consoles if it improves fps/res. Which it doesn't here. Ergo it's not particularly exciting.

If you think Chinese censorship is a myth then I feel bad for you.

Are you even capable of a good faith, non-reframed argument? Like literally, and at all? Who the fking hell ever even alluded to 'Chinese censorship doesn't exist'? Who? You can disappear in China for posting a picture of Winnie the Pooh. That is NOT the same thing as your fictitious conspiracy theory that publishers/hardware manufactures are bowing to a government who has just stopped a blanket ban on international games, a ban that could be re-instated tomorrow if they wanted for another few years. :pac: There are ZERO considerations being made content wise for the Chinese ratings board on consoles. If and when there are, it's proper news, not tales from your rear end; like when WoW had to re-skin undead looking characters, or Rainbow Six had to remove gambling references. But those changes happen because there is a PC version so there is already penetration into that market, NOT to get China to be more approving of consoles, both present and future and their releases. You are imagining this. The western games industry is just becoming less tacky and more inclusive. Deal with it.

They have a system to let users do that.

No. Users do not decide what does and does not go up on Steam. If they did the alt-right would've voted a number of games off long ago, just like they review bomb games, because in fact they are the group who want to strong-arm people into doing what they want, i.e. censoring them. So thankfully this is not true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I don't even know what you two are arguing about.

How about that game news?

You can use a PSVR with a Switch now

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

With astrobot and being able to use it on a PC, I really should have gotten a PS VR at black Friday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement