Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Yes it's the three you met while you are waiting for them to move in there won't be anyone else on any other islands you go to until they've moved in

I only sussed that after the second person, I thought "huh, I wonder if these are my prospective islanders". Was going to hold on and not talk to them until I saw a cat villager (every time I've played Animal Crossing in the past, I've had a cat) but then a WIDDLE DUCK IN A HAT APPEARED AND I COULDN'T STAY AWAY!!

I've forgotten who the first was but my second villager is a lion that speaks like a 3 year old. Pasgetti instead of Spaghetti etc.
    Banjo wrote: »
    Loving the Dodo's top-gun way of talking Animal Crossing. "Go catch some bees and chop some trees!"

Their little flappy logo is great during the load screen. The redundancy with them is so funny, "we are leaving November Oscar Whiskey".

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭rumplyconch

Hi guys,
    Got the game yesterday for Mothers Day!! Have played all the others so know I'm going to be addicted in no time!!! Would love to do some island hopping to share fruit etc.
    My FC is: SW-4622-4628-7988

Looking forward to welcoming you to Ile de Gil!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,079 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I want Blue Bear Olivia and Stitches they are my favourite three would love Bob the cat too.

I ran into Gala this morn on my first flight! She's one of my faves (well, all the pigs are!!) And Meringue n Tia are on my wishlist too, hoping they are in this game!!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭breakfast roll

Omg I've just realised I can sell items in a group instead of individually. I've just spent the last 4 days clicking each item to sell one by one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

If you're eating fruit, you can dig a whole tree up.and plant it somewhere else! I just took 3 coconut trees, fruit n all, off the beach of a random island, planted them and then shook em to plant another 6 coconuts trees! Whoooop

Edit : note, they don't stack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

Kids have managed to sort out the limited resource that is AC and one switch! So far ... :)

It's such a polished game, funny and charming. Cute as hell. All of the little bits make this game come to life.

My daughter says she likes games like this - games that don't end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Just popped on to the game to see what it’s like at nighttime. Spent a lovely half hour wishing on shooting stars! Just lovely.

Hope you wished that crook death all our homes go into probate then :p

Hope you wished that crook death all our homes go into probate then :p

Ha! We’ll have to wait until tomorrow to see if it came true

• Advertisement

Been attacked by the tarantula two nights running. :(

Been attacked by the tarantula two nights running. :(

Haven’t found one of them yet thankfully. I’m terrified of spiders!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Enjoying this so far. Have my first house, better tools and expanded storage space already. Had 2 animals that said they wanted to come to my island but neither have showed up yet ? Do I have to finish building the museum/shop first ?

Was playing last night when something the size of a small terrier shot out from behind a tree and knocked me out. It was a tarantula that I don't think I'll ever be fast enough to catch one.
    Met the traveler on the beach this isn't lilliput ya drunk

Did you figure out what he wants ? He told me to search the beach but I found nothing and today he wasn't there.

You're looking for these little holes that spit water. You need a shovel.
    Some of them are shellfish that you can use to craft bait, some are what he wants.

You're looking for these little holes that spit water. You need a shovel.
    Some of them are shellfish that you can use to craft bait, some are what he wants.

I thought those were just the graphics for rain hitting the sand :o. Haven't had a chance to notice they weren't since it never stops raining on my island.

Also of course after my last post I manage to sneak up on a tarantula and completely miss-time my net swing and get knocked out by it :(

Talk to Nook about anyone moving in he's the boss give blathers one assessed fossil then sell the rest craft them weeds in fact craft everything you can as you get more for selling DIY items than raw materials.

Plant your native fruit or bring it to friends islands and check the beach for bottles very valuable stuff inside.

The bugs are very realistic this time like blathers they creep me out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

So, long term AC players, is this the best version ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Just realised this evening. You can actually catch the Wasps that attack you when you knock a hive from a tree! You have to have your net ready though, and act quickly.

If you get stung by two nests you faint you do get miles for it though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Is this in real time or is it like Minecraft or Sims with sped up days? Not sure yet.

It's real time but you can turn off your switch's network time.sync and timetravel that way if you needed to

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

nintendoo wrote: »
    Kids have managed to sort out the limited resource that is AC and one switch! So far ... :)

It's such a polished game, funny and charming. Cute as hell. All of the little bits make this game come to life.

My daughter says she likes games like this - games that don't end.

I found a load of sea shells during the night and left them outside my daughters tent for when she was playing. She was delighted to find them. Feels nice playing something as positive as this for a change.

It only took two more knockouts but I finally caught a tarantuala :pac:

The trick is when you get close it spins around and stands on its hind legs. If you stand still while it does that it goes back to its idle animation instead of going full sonic speed hell demon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Gyan84 wrote: »
    It only took two more knockouts but I finally caught a tarantuala :pac:

The trick is when you get close it spins around and stands on its hind legs. If you stand still while it does that it goes back to its idle animation instead of going full sonic speed hell demon.

Yeah I'm still trying to find one, as soon as one appears it ms gone in seconds!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

If you're eating fruit, you can dig a whole tree up.and plant it somewhere else! I just took 3 coconut trees, fruit n all, off the beach of a random island, planted them and then shook em to plant another 6 coconuts trees! Whoooop

Edit : note, they don't stack.

Did the same, now have a beach full of coconut trees :) the fruit is a double-edged sword though, can shatter rocks (though they do grow back... somehow).

What other fruit trees are there do you know? I've got pears but I've heard people talk about cherries as well.

Cherry apple orange peach and pear are the five island availability all with a possible perfect variation coconuts are the dodo flight island fruit I'm assuming there are others too but the five listed are what you can potentially start with

I've got cherries as my native n Mom sent me apples. Dug up a few coconut trees too.

Did anyone meet Wisp yet? Got him last night while tarantula hunting! You scare him n he loses 5 pieces of his spirit. Track them down n he gives you a prize!! Cutie

I met him last night too. Got a neat pair of slatted 80s shades for my trouble, which cover up the bruising and swelling caused by the wasps that Nook insists were acting independently and of their own volition.
    I owe that crook nearly 200,000 bells. I'm in deep....

My mam sent me Pears but the trees aren't up yet. Will look at an online sub then and get some fruit trading going on :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,529 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Making Blathers tell me all the facts about bugs and never letting him tell me about fish or fossils.

Advertisement