14-05-2020, 09:47   #46
Beechwoodspark

Disgusting comments from that guy. I hope Wright gets justice.

Not an arsenal fan but wright was some goal machine in his day. Loved watching him
Advertisement
14-05-2020, 09:49   #47
Banned

Would hate to have had social media when i was younger. I'd be mortified by some of the stuff looking back.
(3) thanks from:
14-05-2020, 10:40   #48
Hangdogroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatrickpatrick View Post
Am I the only '90s kid who instantly thinks of this any time Ian Wright's name is mentioned?

Lol; I remember that.

I don't really follow football but is Ian Wright still in the public eye as a pundit or whatever? I'd have thought this little toerag would be too young to be familiar with him. He seems like a very random target.
Thanks from:
14-05-2020, 10:41   #49
gmisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by eireyiddo View Post
Bet you find 1 of his mates grabbed his phone or was able to log into his account! ie hacked
As vile as it is what was said I don't believe for a second some one could be that supid
I really sincerely doubt that he was hacked.
He said he was... and said a load of other racist abuse was sent to other well known people at the same time....yet zero evidence of that happening.
Plus there seem to be screenshots of him apologising and saying he made a mistake etc so in other words...he wasn't hacked.
Thanks from:
14-05-2020, 10:42   #50
fryup

never cared too much for Ian Wright he was no angel himself esp on the football pitch...but what that guy posted was utterly disgraceful
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
14-05-2020, 10:44   #51
gmisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorneTobyWilde View Post
I doubt the kid is a racist. He's just using the best possible weapons he has to get to someone, he probably went out drinking with his 3 black mates afterwards, then went home to his Asian GF.

His attitude was '' hit em where it hurts'' so that's what he did. It's pure dumbassery and childish, it's all down to that.
Ah the old classic "I am not racist but..." sure I have black friends and everything....
He is a scumbag and deserves everything that is coming to him.
Thanks from:
14-05-2020, 10:47   #52
Rodin

The account only posted 2 messages before it went private and those were the racist messages.

I doubt it was hacked.
14-05-2020, 11:39   #53
dan1895

Who would hack it as he is supposed to be staying away from other people due to social distancing? Who would pick up someone else's phone in these current circumstances? His bs excuse doesn't add up at all.
14-05-2020, 11:55   #54
Colibri

It would be horrible if he just called him racist slurs, but he threatened to kill him. Zero sympathy.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
14-05-2020, 12:01   #55
Ryu Hayabusa

This Patrick lad, will get his head kicked in when he’s out on a night in town and it’ll be put up on Twitter.
14-05-2020, 13:20   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu Hayabusa View Post
This Patrick lad, will get his head kicked in when he’s out on a night in town and it’ll be put up on Twitter.
And do you think the people who would carry out a physical assault, with the real possibility of it going wrong and the young lad being crippled for life or dying, would be any better than the lad. The messages are horrible but someone willing to carry out such an attack is worse.

How about people leave it to the Gardaí to determine the punishment. He has already done plenty of damage to himself by sending that and it going viral. Can’t imagine people will be lining up to give him a job in future.
14-05-2020, 13:22   #57
lawred2

Quote:
Originally Posted by its_steve116 View Post
I know he's only young, but my word what he said was disgraceful. I hope he genuinely is sorry.
Who is Patrick O Brien?
14-05-2020, 13:24   #58
lawred2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan1895 View Post
Who would hack it as he is supposed to be staying away from other people due to social distancing? Who would pick up someone else's phone in these current circumstances? His bs excuse doesn't add up at all.
You don't need someone's phone to access their account.

However, I don't believe for a second that any form of "hacking" occurred in this instance.
Thanks from:
22-05-2020, 22:14   #59

Agree with everyone that its scummy and nasty what this kid posted but one time i would love for someone like him to highlight the messages he received and offer some kind of forgiveness to the kid without demands for action.Its still only words from a dumb kid.

I am sure the public at large would take care of whatever if any legal action was necessary once he highlighted it,if people in positions of influence like Wright is,appeared more forgiving not only would it affect the kid more positively it would affect race relations in a more positive way.

Instead he is publicly highlighting that yeah us Black people are easily affected by these words,other Black kids that look to him as a role model are then going to be equally offended if anyone calls them monkey or whatever it is,it only gives people more of an incentive to do it again when they want to hurt somebody and the cycle goes on until somebody is the bigger man.
22-05-2020, 22:38   #60
Robsweezie

i doubt the lad himself actually holds genuine deeply held racist views, just a little **** out for attention saying the most inflammatory stuff that he knows will get him such attention. controversy is their oxygen.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion