13-05-2020, 19:12   #31
The Tetrarch

I like Ian Wright. I liked him even more for this.
Best to watch them in the order posted

Last edited by The Tetrarch; 13-05-2020 at 19:19.
Advertisement
13-05-2020, 19:12   #32
Colibri

He spewed racist stuff and threatened to kill him.

We should make an example of the little sh*t
(2) thanks from:
13-05-2020, 19:20   #33
This is it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunu View Post
The funniest/saddest part of all of this is what sparked the outburst...very much child’s behaviour from a young man.
What was it?
13-05-2020, 19:20   #34
Batrachotox

Quote:
Originally Posted by topper75 View Post
Why didn't the OP just include this info so we could all understand.
The books are well researched but can be somewhat tedious by the same token.

So fair play to Wrighty for calling it.
The high quality of the research is only one of the many favourable aspects - he is also a master of characterisation and capturing the essence of interpersonal interactions!
13-05-2020, 19:28   #35
valoren

Comes out with the classic "I was hacked" excuse? He was sound of mind enough to try and weasel his way out of accountability though. The last resort of a coward and is an indication he's not sorry for what he said but sorry he was caught.

Last edited by valoren; 13-05-2020 at 19:37.
Advertisement
14-05-2020, 02:01   #36
coinop

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorneTobyWilde View Post
I doubt the kid is a racist. He's just using the best possible weapons he has to get to someone, he probably went out drinking with his 3 black mates afterwards, then went home to his Asian GF.

His attitude was '' hit em where it hurts'' so that's what he did. It's pure dumbassery and childish, it's all down to that.
^^^ This guy gets it.
If his target was wearing glasses, he would call him four eyes.
If his target had acne, he would call him pizza face.
His target in this case was black so he called him a monkey.
The young lad is obviously a twat but the mob condemning racism as the worst possible crime ever need to get a grip. Is bullying a ginger a lesser crime than bullying an African?
(4) thanks from:
14-05-2020, 02:06   #37
Osborne

Quote:
Originally Posted by coinop View Post
^^^ This guy gets it.
If his target was wearing glasses, he would call him four eyes.
If his target had acne, he would call him pizza face.
His target in this case was black so he called him a monkey.
The young lad is obviously a twat but the mob condemning racism as the worst possible crime ever need to get a grip. Is bullying a ginger a lesser crime than bullying an African?
Nah. He's the definition of a racist.
14-05-2020, 02:17   #38
hatrickpatrick

Am I the only '90s kid who instantly thinks of this any time Ian Wright's name is mentioned?

14-05-2020, 05:38   #39
Guy:Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk View Post
It's quite disturbing that you'd even be able to come up with that amount of vitriol towards someone who seems just genuinely lovely and is loved by so many people. I hope the f*cker pays for it.
I met Ian Wright years ago (13 years ago to be exact) . It was a miserable pissy day at the Acropolis (In Athens, not some iffy stip club in England that I'm sure probably exists) the day after the 07 champions league final. Hed spent the previous hour or so taking pictures and giving autographs to lads which trekking up and around it. These were the days of much worse camera phones, and between me and my cousin only his still had a bit of power in it. The man was an absolute gent. His missus gave him hassle cos we were taking so long and she said we already got a picture earlier. He told her we didn't and to wait. It took ages cos the phone turned off at least once while we posed in the rain. So between us only I managed to get a picture and we'd nothing to get signed or even a pen.

It's still my favourite picture that isn't of my family.

That little **** deserves to have everyone know what he sent. People send off this type of stuff thinking therll be no consequence. **** him.

People seem to have this thing that the internet doesn't matter and isn't serious. Lots of "ah, hes just a kid". **** that. If hed sent good old fashioned hate mail in the post people wouldn't take it as lightly. It's the same thing.

Last edited by Guy:Incognito; 14-05-2020 at 05:42.
Advertisement
14-05-2020, 05:45   #40
Guy:Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrududu View Post
He cant be playing with a full deck to post that under his actual name. In this day and age how can a teenager be so technologically illiterate? Not to mention his views
Youd be surprised what people have no issue putting online under their real name. Theres plenty under articles from the papers or other news sources. When you click in to their profiles they often have hundreds or a couple of thousand followers so theres clearly plenty of like minded people who think the same.
14-05-2020, 06:46   #41
eireyiddo

Bet you find 1 of his mates grabbed his phone or was able to log into his account! ie hacked
As vile as it is what was said I don't believe for a second some one could be that supid
(2) thanks from:
14-05-2020, 08:21   #42
smurgen

Bizarre behaviour from a little toe rag. Wright is a gentleman, how anyone could have such vitriol against a complete stranger like that is bizarre. This idiot is already after paying the price from what I've seen with his club, the gardai and even his mother being contacted about his hate filled messages. I'd be extremely concerned at my son or daughter sending stuff like that.
(3) thanks from:
14-05-2020, 08:50   #43
razorblunt

I'd imagine his "I was hacked" will actually turn out to be a friend took his phone and did that, which still wouldn't hold water as he'd know what messages were sent . Besides that if any friend of mine did that I'd have no hassle throwing them under the bus for it.

Let's see what the Gardaí do with it.
Thanks from:
14-05-2020, 09:45   #44
The_Kew_Tour

Fair play to Wright for highlighting it. Hope the Gardai will get the truth out and the culprit will pay for his actions.
14-05-2020, 09:46   #45
Salvadoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatrickpatrick View Post
Am I the only '90s kid who instantly thinks of this any time Ian Wright's name is mentioned?

Jesus, Chicken Tonight. I had it once, it went right through me. I didn't know whether the approach the jacks head-on or by reversing after eating it.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion