Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I assume the guy gave Melina a lift anyway. The tweet was deleted.
    I see it being reported today that Jinger was a bigger draw as champion than Seth.

Let's see the increase in viewers with Brock as champ

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

PWS: RAW lead writer Steve Oppenheim and Smackdown Co-Writer Steve Guerreri were fired last week by WWE.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lord TSC wrote: »
    PWS: RAW lead writer Steve Oppenheim and Smackdown Co-Writer Steve Guerreri were fired last week by WWE.

Well looks like Heyman and Bischoff are properly taking over.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Maybe this will be nothing. But it kinda feels like Cena might be implying he’s about to announce something.....

https://twitter.com/JohnCena/status/1153300897394544640

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

It's interesting, while interest in WWE has hit a lull with the likes of AEW and NJPW filling the gap for a lot of people, personally from a pure watchability standpoint Raw and SmackDown have picked up for me this year. Not that every show is good or great, but for me the whole product was at its worst during what I think of as the Titus O'Neill era: when they were giving major time to guys like Titus you just knew were going nowhere and asking us to invest. This year you had Becky/Rousey, Kofi, the 24/7, Firefly Fun House etc...the highs were genuinely high and the rest was largely watchable, even if you didn't enjoy it it was at least often 'can't look but can't look away' or 'this will wind people up' TV.

So, while bringing in Heyman and Bischoff at least is going to give the shows a more clear vision and will no doubt bring an uptick in quality, it feels a bit harsh to outright sack people too. Though I guess when they're going for change they needed scapegoats to illustrate that and the ratings leave the lads no leg to stand on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Moxley vs Josh Barnett announced for Bloodsport 2. Barnett vs Suzuki at the last event was brilliant, no doubt the Moxley match will too, he's been great to watch since leaving WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/PWInsidercom/status/1153545714410184706?s=19

Wonder what stories they'll do other than Dino Bravo

Moxley vs Josh Barnett announced for Bloodsport 2.

People need to see the trailer they did for it.

https://twitter.com/FiteTV/status/1153481768156246019?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Seth Rollins on Jon Moxley and AEW from yesterday. The "he's trying to take dinner off my table" bit did make me laugh.

"I was surprised by it for sure," Rollins said of Moxley leaving WWE for AEW. "I knew Ambrose needed some time away from WWE but the thing is, he just loves wrestling, he loves the industry, he just wanted some freedom and do his own thing and that happens, you know? And that happens for everybody and I understand his position and why he wanted to go over there and that's on him.
    "But, now he's competition, now he's the one trying to take dinner off my table so good on him but we're going to do our best to continue to be the best here at WWE and those guys want to step up to the big leagues to give it a shot? Then by all means but we're going to knock them dead just like we do everybody else."

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It's just a metaphor that people who already dislike him can jump on. He does have a habit of putting his foot in his mouth and giving people those opportunities though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

J. Marston wrote: »
    It's just a metaphor that people who already dislike him can jump on. He does have a habit of putting his foot in his mouth and giving people those opportunities though.

Dig up stupid comes to mind with Rollins and his statements lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

didnt cena say something about there past DUI's on monday how stupid can you be

https://twitter.com/TMZ_Sports/status/1154395848295538689?s=20

So that's Jey arrested last year for drink driving. Jimmy earlier this year for being drunk and disorderly and squaring up to a cop and now a second drink driving charge also.

They're a pair of twats, to be honest. Monday showed they think this stuff is comedy material when the reality is they could kill someone while they're pissed up.

So that's Jey arrested last year for drink driving. Jimmy earlier this year for being drunk and disorderly and squaring up to a cop and now a second drink driving charge also.

They're a pair of twats, to be honest. Monday showed they think this stuff is comedy material when the reality is they could kill someone while they're pissed up.

ive been in america for work ive always been shocked at how little a lot of them seem to care about drink driving really infuriates me

• Registered Users Posts: 60,291 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well we have a couple of Kerry TD's in this Country who don't give a fcuk about drink driving and actually campaign to raise the limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

It's the ease at which you can drive an automatic car - give them f*cks a manual gearbox and they will be sober as a judge - or wouldn't make it 5 yards!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,291 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Vince's first line on the second quarter earnings call.
    Vince touted revenue being at $269 million and said it is what it is, chuckling.

AEW
    Vince said they will get a bit edgier but they will remain in the PG environment. He said something they will do more controversy with better storylines, but at the same time they are not going to go back to the Attitude Era, they're not going to do blood and guts and things of that nature, such as what is being done "on our new potential competitor" - a reference to AEW. Vince said they are just not going back to "that gory crap that we graduated from." Vince said it's a more sophisticated product, attracting much better writers and better management, things of that nature. Vince feels really good about the content expansion.
    Vince talked more about competition and said generally competition is good for everyone, he thinks. Vince said they are hoping to the extent that they, presumably AEW and others, remain competition and don't continue the "blood and guts and gory things they have been doing," which he says is bad. Vince said he can't speak for TNT, but he can't imagine they would put up with that kind of content continuing. That was it for the call.

Vince's first line on the second quarter earnings call.

AEW

i still love that crazy old bastard however terrible his shows are

sky88 wrote: »
    i still love that crazy old bastard however terrible his shows are

I know different mediums of entertainment, but Metallica's Load & ReLoad & St. Anger albums > RAW & SmackDown right now....

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I know different mediums of entertainment, but Metallica's Load & ReLoad & St. Anger albums > RAW & SmackDown right now....

Going to have to strongly disagree there I’ll take 5 hours of raw and smackdown over those 2 albums

Vince said it's a more sophisticated product

The current top guy is calling Brock Lesnar a copycat, Maria Kanellis is saying "The baby isn't yours!" and Drake Maverick is trying to ride his wife.

I'm not expecting Shakespeare from my wrestling but don't piss on my head and tell me it's raining, Vince.

Vince must be smoking some of that good ****.
    Vince said it's a more sophisticated product, attracting much better writers and better management, things of that nature.

Also let's not forget Drake's "pissing himself" angle, WWE + sophisticated, to borrow from Axl Rose, Not in this lifetime.

https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/more-details-on-season-2-of-vicelands-dark-side-of-the-ring
    Earlier this week it was announced that Viceland has officially renewed their series Dark Side of the Ring for a second season.

Dave Meltzer reported in the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that there will be ten new documentaries for the new season with two episodes that were filmed for the first season for Dino Bravo and Chris Benoit.

At the time, they weren’t completed as filming stopped when the ten weeks planned at the time were cut to six. Interviews have yet to be conducted for the Benoit episode.

Viceland either has or will soon talk to Bravo’s widow for his episode. Brawl for All is also an expected topic as they’ve already spoke to Bart Gunn for it. A story on Jimmy Snuka has also been talked about.

Even when WWE is good it’s never sophisticated

Jimmy Uso was going 86mph in 45mph zone, drifting left to right and veering out of his lane.

http://nodq.com/news/566153257.shtml

Utter gobshíte.

Jimmy Uso was going 86mph in 45mph zone, drifting left to right and veering out of his lane.

Utter gobshíte.

Jimmy Uso is responsible for his own personal actions now lest we forget.

I agree those actions make him look like a total gobshìte

• Registered Users Posts: 39,439 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

ERG89 wrote: »

Utter gobshíte.

He is but somehow he’s immune from being suspended or having any other action taken against him it seems. I mean personally I’d punish drunk driving more that being caught with canabis(not that either are good, I said more) and if wwe keep having this attitude what happens if he hits someone and injures them, what then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,439 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

ERG89 wrote: »

Utter gobshíte.

He is but somehow he’s immune from being suspended or having any other action taken against him it seems. I mean personally I’d punish drunk driving more that being caught with canabis(not that either are good, I said more) and if wwe keep having this attitude what happens if he hits someone and injures them, what then ?

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »

And being caught with it in WWE equals a monetary fine, whereas a DUI is just a one line response similar to when Jey was caught for it.

Also I'd take an educated guess that cannabis is a whole lot safer than alcohol, but like everything in life, it has it's pros and cons.

Advertisement