Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Killing Eve - BBC America (**Spoilers**)

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,495 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

peteeeed wrote: »
    i started on season 3 and gave up and meant to go back to it

You weren't missing much. Combined with a suspiciously ad-hoc "plot" that must be the most boring espionage story on TV, the show now suffers from suffocating self-admiration for Villanelle. She and Eve's thing became a viral hit (along with the formers outrageous fashions), but you could see the scripts falling over themselves to make Oxanna the hero, every action justified. The cat and mouse thing also completely played out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,297 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Oh if I had the time I would so watch all 3 season of this excellent show again. I remember getting into it at the beginning and I thought because of the name that Eve was the villain and they were out to kill her. Oh how surprised and delighted was I when I realised that was not it at all and this was another character altogether and that they were after the villain.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,226 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I take it the spin off is going to be young Konstantin and Carolyn?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,633 ✭✭✭corkie

From the makers of 'Killing Eve', 'RagDoll' starts tonight @21:00 on Albi.

Six part series, haven't seen a thread for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,881 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Probably two seasons too far, but at least this is a definite final season, so if nothing else I'll be curious to see where characters' stories end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,304 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Terrific trailer.

Looking forward to this, I think it's run its course and one more season is enough though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,315 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Can't wait😎😎

Back with a double episode and it's all a bit Meh at this stage.

When are BBC showing it? I see it's on RTE first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,495 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Rte1 at 10.15pm tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It's on the iPlayer now and BBC One will show the first episode on Saturday.

• Advertisement

Season 4 episode 1...good not great...will stick with it.

It took me a while to get up to speed with who was who etc.

It looks fantastic as usual and Jodie Comer is brilliant.

Ms

Still a brilliant show. It's weird seeing Villenelle trying to be good but in the end we all know it will not last.

Amazing how such a show can still be so funny as well.

So did Eve do it or not? I was not sure of that? Did she kill your man?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

It's been becoming more and more aimless since the end of s1, and the trend continues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,617 ✭✭✭archfi

Massive S1 fan. S2 not as much, S3 even lesser.

This S4 is *awful* (three episodes in)

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Advertisement

I thought ep2 of season 4 was an improvement on ep1. Still not great...but I have stuck with it this long... would love a bit more Fiona Shaw...the whole thing feels a bit aimless.

Really liking camille cottin.

Are we going to get any back story about Eve and hunky mcbeardface?

I love Camille Cottin and yeah, you nailed it saying it feels aimless.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

The cast are still hugely watchable and it looks (and sounds) fantastic. But does anyone really give a toss about the twelve etc?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

Villanelle as a beardy Jesus too, what the hell is that about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

It's a shame the way the show is petering out now. They should have left it at one season, two the most.

I tend to agree....there is talk about a spin off though hmmm...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

2 episodes in and I tend to agree that it's gone way downhill. looks well, great style as always but just no interesting plot anymore.

I know these things can't be predicted but Caroline's move isn't well timed is it?

This thread ain't doing much for my enthusiasm to jump into the last season. Ordinarily, I'm keen as mustard to find out how a show finishes; disappointing to read a consensus of shoulder shrugs. Sometimes a last season is exactly the kind of energy bump a flagging show can need, with no restrictions left from a writing point of view.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Needs more Kim Bodnia, they have cast his character adrift, he can play the clown or a menacing adversary equally well.

Ms

The latest episode was not great certainly not as good as the one before it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

Epiosde 4 a bit better

Watched the first one, hadn't a jot what was goin on tbh, might try another one, losing interest rapidly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

I was properly reading watching it which I never would have done before. I just can’t find real interest in it which is a pity

Ms

Definitely a better episode.

Lol at the bit at the end with Villenelle, Eve and Martin lol.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

Not that last episode was brilliant. So many good and funny bits in it as well as gruesome ones too. Poor fireman. What a horrible way to die. I loved the bit after that do where your one says can you help these Women out to Villenelle. They all have there own Caimelle.

Also the bit with Eve and the professor just brilliant lol.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

"Poor fireman", seriously? He got what he deserved, Villenelle style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,086 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Would have loved to have seen a montage of Villenelle going on a little tour to meet all the other Camillos.

Ms

Maybe she never got there before she was killed at the end?

Going to be strange watching an episode with no villinelle in it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

Just watched episode 5 of season 4...by far the strongest episode of the season..no coincidence it focussed on Carolyn.

It actually felt like the show was moving towards an ending at least! Camille Cottin wonderful as usual!

(Spoilers for episode 6)

Ah she was grand, it was only a little arrow through the back. She just needed a few antibiotics and a nap. 🙄

Ms

Lol yes I seen it. Sure they were never going to do that. Check your inbox girl it's full.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Disappointing however at least it's finished now.

(Hopefully)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,112 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Four series of Killing Carolyn

A poor enough final episode (some of the reviews seem to be absolutely scathing not getting that level of hate)....but glad it is now done.

So who shot them at the end?! It wasn't Pam...suddenly Carolyn had someone who could do it so it's hint she was in the 12 or did she go back to MI6?.....also some questions not answered...er like who killed Kenny?!...

I don't see the point of a spin off.

The final series wasn't all bad, episodes 5 and 6 were really rather good imo. As usual it looked fantastic and some excellent music choices. But overall the material did not live up to the performances Oh, Comer and Shaw were always tip top.

Some characters totally discarded really like Yusuf from the last series...pretty pointless.

Carolyn's daughter?! Thought she might pop up again but nope.

• Advertisement

Re the ending:

I think it's implied that Carolyn went back to MI6 after Pam left and gave them Villanelle on a platter as a way back in. As she said to Pam, she's only loyal to herself so she goes wherever will keep her alive and on top.

As for Kenny:

Wasn't it confirmed that Konstantin killed him, at least accidentally? Konstantin visited him at the top of his building warning him that The Twelve wanted to kill him. Kenny stepped backwards when talking to Konstantin and he fell back off the edge of the building?

Overall I was pretty disappointed with the final season, it felt very rushed. Although I do think there is a point to the feeling of disappointment with the ending:

Eve and Villanelle could never end up together. Villanelle was a cold-blooded killer. Her ledger was dripping red so there's no way they could have rang off to the sunset together. It would have been interesting to see what was next for Eve, after having lost everything. But again, maybe that's the point. Everything that she lost was for nothing.

Ms

A very disappointing last episode.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement