Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Killing Eve - BBC America (**Spoilers**)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,905 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Loved that opening episode.

Sandra and Jodie just rock.

Renewed for a 3rd season.

Excellent news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Mr E wrote: »
    Season 2 of 'Killing Eve' is set to air on Wednesday, 10th April on RTÉ2 at 9.35pm (3 days after it airs in America).

https://entertainment.ie/tv/tv-news/killing-eve-season-2-gets-an-irish-air-date-395454/
    For anybody who hasn't seen the first series, it's being repeated on BBC1 at 23.55 tomorrow night (Friday).

I watched the first episode of Series 2 but fell asleep before the end, but that had more to do with my tiredness at nearly 3 in the morning. Looks good so far...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,320 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

That was a cracking opening episode of season 2!
    you look like a pizza...Jesus lol
    Fiona Shaw outstanding, Comer was the MVP again

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,518 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Enjoyable opener, they're still very connected emotionally and all that, despite running/chasing. And yes, that was a lot of veg. :pac:

What a creepily funny brilliant episode this week :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

A great cast and terrific writing, another top notch episode and what a finish, delighted with that final scene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Killing eve is sublime tv. Loved episode 2. Weird watching Jody comer on Graham Norton, the scouse accent is so strong !

Episode 2 of this season even better than 1, this show is absolutely on fire!
    Jodie Comer is outstanding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Just started the 2nd episode on the rte player.

****ing adds are torture.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,518 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Episode 2 delivered. Gotta love those automated phone menus. :pac:
    Charlie19 wrote: »
    Just started the 2nd episode on the rte player.

****ing adds are torture.

Pain in the rear, I've had the same set of ads repeat themselves twice in one break. Stupid carry on.

Episode 2 delivered. Gotta love those automated phone menus. :pac:

Pain in the rear, I've had the same set of ads repeat themselves twice in one break. Stupid carry on.
    Why didn't she do it in an English accent? Just saying it might have understood her...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

Every time we see Eve's husband, I can only think of him as the Sgt out in the wilds of Connemara in Single Handed.

Radio5 wrote: »
    Every time we see Eve's husband, I can only think of him as the Sgt out in the wilds of Connemara in Single Handed.

He also plays a Garda in show on Netflix called Paula.

The scene in the Red Light District Dammm

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Only started the opener of season 2 myself last night, and one particular tip of the hat to the writers: just in case we had got too cosy and empathic towards Villanelle, that 'moment' in the hospital was a blunt reminder that she's still a callous, manipulative psychopath.

Episode 4 this week another cracker, this show is on fire

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

If you enjoy the music, there's a great playlist on Spotify that is kept bang up to date, including the very memorable Dutch language track from last Sunday's episode.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Episode 2 of the second season was the first time I was a little "hmm..." about the show. Something about it just didn't click with me, trying too hard perhaps. I liked the idea of putting Villanelle as the victim to someone equally disturbed more than I liked the execution. And I dunno, was the reveal at the end meant to be a surprise? Scriptwriting 101: if you didn't see the body, they never died.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Tabnabs wrote: »
    If you enjoy the music, there's a great playlist on Spotify that is kept bang up to date, including the very memorable Dutch language track from last Sunday's episode.
    Some of the music is a tad too loud and intrusive in that way modern TV shows love.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

pixelburp wrote: »
    Only started the opener of season 2 myself last night, and one particular tip of the hat to the writers: just in case we had got too cosy and empathic towards Villanelle, that 'moment' in the hospital was a blunt reminder that she's still a callous, manipulative psychopath.
    I actually thought that was Villanelle's peculiar brand of empathy. Presumably we're talking about the
    neck twist
    He wished he had died because he was now so disfigured after the craah. Villanelle bluntly agreed and granted his wish.

Sandra Oh is terrific in this.

DeepBlue wrote: »
    I actually thought that was Villanelle's peculiar brand of empathy. Presumably we're talking about the
    neck twist
    He wished he had died because he was now so disfigured after the craah. Villanelle bluntly agreed and granted his wish.

Sandra Oh is terrific in this.

Oh I got the thinking behind it, but I think he was the first innocent life she took, right? Or at least one with a speaking part anyway. I felt it was a neat reminder, lest we get too comfy or enamoured with her, that Villanelle is a killer and had a harsh, destructive outlook on life.

Yeah, Sandra Oh is fantastic. Was a little sceptical about her at first but she knocks it out of the park. Feel very sorry for the husband and the writers keep him at arm's length but still make him likeable (at the point I'm at anyway)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

pixelburp wrote: »
    Oh I got the thinking behind it, but I think he was the first innocent life she took, right? Or at least one with a speaking part anyway. I felt it was a neat reminder, lest we get too comfy or enamoured with her, that Villanelle is a killer and had a harsh, destructive outlook on life.
    I thought it was sort of a mercy killing. Perhaps I read it wrong and may need to get checked to see where I am on the psychopath scale :pac:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,329 ✭✭✭CoBo55

DeepBlue wrote: »
    I thought it was sort of a mercy killing. Perhaps I read it wrong and may need to get checked to see where I am on the psychopath scale :pac:.

So did I.. I'll pass on that scale thingy ...

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭moonstruck

Great episode again tonight ...
    smell ya later

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭qwerty13

I thought S1 started as a drama, or mostly drama (with some good dark comedic moments). Towards the end of S1, it seemed to veer into being a bit ridiculous.

I’m loving S2 though, as I think it has fully embraced its OTT bonkers-ness. I think it was the change in tone in S1 that left me loving it less at the end of the series. I look forward to this series every week though.

moonstruck wrote: »
    Great episode again tonight ...

I thought she said spell ya later.

is_that_so wrote: »
    Some of the music is a tad too loud and intrusive in that way modern TV shows love.

I really can't disagree more with that, the music is as important and integral as the camera angles and set design. It wouldn't be the same show without it.

CoBo55 wrote: »
    I thought she said spell ya later.

Episode was called "smell you later".

Such a fun show this season is brilliant imo.
    It is seriously twisted.
    Fiona Shaw steals every scene she is in.

• Advertisement

Must of been on the wind up!

How could anyone think she said anything different.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Must of been on the wind up!

How could anyone think she said anything different.

Because they were at a spelling competition....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

gmisk wrote: »
    Such a fun show this season is brilliant imo.
    It is seriously twisted.
    Fiona Shaw steals every scene she is in.

It’s just fantastic telly, I love it.
    Jodie Comer is simply outstanding, Fiona Shaw is truly great. I love Constantin.

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Because they were at a spelling competition....

Apologises.. I missed that:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,371 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Well done Jodie Comer (best actress and if I may say sorceress of acting)

AND Killing Eve, best drama!

Richly deserved.

This is a lovely speech from Comer.

2.06 - I did enjoy Konstantin's eating in the van. :pac:

It's a silly small thing, but I love the way Konstantin laughs, always cracks me up. If that makes any sense?. It's almost as fantastic as Diane Lockhart's own from The Good Wife/Fight

Oh that ending even though I knew it was coming I didn't think Villanelle would do it!

Can't wait to see what Eve's reaction to it will be.

• Advertisement

Oh that ending even though I knew it was coming I didn't think Villanelle would do it!

Can't wait to see what Eve's reaction to it will be.

Was that her first kill, in person, for Eve's 'benefit', so to speak?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

This Peel guy seems like one of those lads who gets off on fattening up women.

Wow wow wow what an ending to the season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Was it leaked? I thought the air date was tomorrow night.

Seriously?
    The exact opposite to the end of season 1. You could see it coming a mile off.

Plus
    She ain't dead either...

Really hope Kim Bodnia is kept on for series 3, such a great guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I've noticed some Irish media sites (e.g. Independent, RTE and Breakingnews.ie I think) writing about the 'new' series starting tonight on BBC. The Independent one was an obvious cut and paste from a British newspaper but do they not remember it's already been shown on RTE? Especially worrying seeing it on RTE.ie

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2019/0608/1054181-killing-eve-season-two/

• Advertisement

The V/E lies in ruins...after imploding on ruins...

Just watching celebrity goggle box uk and the clebs are watching season 2 of Killing Eve.

Well the reaction to what Villanelle done the young boy in the hospital was only priceless.

Renewed for a 4th season.

Phoebe is the darling of Hollywood right now and can write her own ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Phoebe is the darling of Hollywood right now and can write her own ticket.

She might get a Star Wars film/tv show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,371 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Slydice wrote: »
    She might get a Star Wars film/tv show.

She did, shes
    Rey Palpatine's mother.

• Advertisement
Advertisement