Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any 530e owners out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Ricey3509

I used NVD to bring a car over from a BMW dealer, cost around the €400 mark if l remember correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

Some dealers do free UK delivery. If you get it delivered to the ferry terminal in Holyhead then Irish Ferries will take it over for a relatively small fee. You then pick it up from Dublin port.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,708 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Some dealers do free UK delivery. If you get it delivered to the ferry terminal in Holyhead then Irish Ferries will take it over for a relatively small fee. You then pick it up from Dublin port.

Always plenty of unaccompanied cars going over anytime I've taken the Liverpool to Dublin (mainly freight) ferry. Local staff drive the cars on and off. Was wondering how much that service costs. Can't see it being much more than €150

Picked up car today, delighted with it so far. Car is in immaculate condition, I spent a while this afternoon trying to find a swirl mark , still haven't found one, interior is 'as new' as well. Great to drive as well so looking forward to a few years or more of ownership on this one. I'm surprised how useful the HUD is, never had it in a car before but it really means you don't have to take your eyes off the road.

00-DBC10-D-D4-AD-4-AA3-B8-DE-CF9-BE8-E5-B2-F6.jpg

6-BD28-A39-57-D9-46-D9-B3-B9-3-ADCA53-E598-B.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28 Irishweather2

Ricey3509 wrote: »
    Picked up car today, delighted with it so far. Car is in immaculate condition, I spent a while this afternoon trying to find a swirl mark , still haven't found one, interior is 'as new' as well. Great to drive as well so looking forward to a few years or more of ownership on this one. I'm surprised how useful the HUD is, never had it in a car before but it really means you don't have to take your eyes off the road.

Lovely looking car, well wear!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

ELM327 wrote: »
    Not doubting you for a second, but who are these companies?
    I was trying to get cars imported from the UK in the past and ended up getting a guy from a classic forum in the UK to do some jobs as a nixer bringing stuff over and back for me because no company here did it.

I used Motortanz in January 2019 to collect my i3 in London and delivered it to me in Dublin. €400 total cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

Lively looking car Ricey. I’m in between Bluestone and Navy if and when I make a purchase.

BTW: I’m a bit confused by all the extras, it’s almost like a pick and mix on cars. Is there any extra that would be considered vital? I like tech so maybe the HUD would be interesting. Any others??

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭SummerK

Cona wrote: »
    BTW: I’m a bit confused by all the extras, it’s almost like a pick and mix on cars. Is there any extra that would be considered vital? I like tech so maybe the HUD would be interesting. Any others??

Harman Kardon speakers if you like quality music and parking assistant for auto parking.

Picked up car today, delighted with it so far. Car is in immaculate condition
    Lovely car and looks stunning with 20” wheels. How is the ride quality. Do you have vdc in your car?

• Advertisement

Lively looking car Ricey. I’m in between Bluestone and Navy if and when I make a purchase.

Extras are imho always a personal choice , l’d never buy a non MSport but lots of people would. The only thing l’d have liked on this one was memory seats but l can live without them as l’ll be driving it 90% of the time. Folding mirrors because of where l live was a must have.

The HUD is very cool though and parking assistance plus is good for the 360 view, hopefully will help avoid any parking mishaps

SummerK wrote: »
    Lovely car and looks stunning with 20” wheels. How is the ride quality. Do you have vdc in your car?

No VDC , l think the ride quality is really good given the wheel size, very comfortable. That said l’m pretty tolerant of ride quality on large alloys so ymmv.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭bmwfan

Very nice and looks like you have the 360 camera from the app you can open the cameras and get a picture of it when its parked

00-DBC10-D-D4-AD-4-AA3-B8-DE-CF9-BE8-E5-B2-F6.jpg

6-BD28-A39-57-D9-46-D9-B3-B9-3-ADCA53-E598-B.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,462 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Id love that 360 feature where you can view the outside of the car in its parked position. Looks very rare from what ive been looking at.

bmwfan wrote: »
    Very nice and looks like you have the 360 camera from the app you can open the cameras and get a picture of it when its parked

Actually that option isn’t showing up in the app for me , l must look into it. The 360 view is actually very good , makes it very easy to park which is nice since this is the biggest car l’ve ever owned. l haven’t got the nerve yet to try the self parking, not sure l ever will!

mickdw wrote: »
    Id love that 360 feature where you can view the outside of the car in its parked position. Looks very rare from what ive been looking at.

Had it on the Nissan Leaf :)

Although the BMW version that I used is substantially better.

• Advertisement

Gumbo wrote: »
    Had it on the Nissan Leaf :)

Although the BMW version that I used is substantially better.
    The one that can look at an impression of the car from various angles outside?

The one that can look at an impression of the car from various angles outside?

In the BMW yes.

The HUD is very cool though and parking assistance plus is good for the 360 view, hopefully will help avoid any parking mishaps

Tend to agree with you here...of all the extras I can see the only ones that I am bothered with would be the HUD which would be nice but not a show stopper for me...And the Parking plus with 360 view which is a must have I think.

the self park is scary you let go of the wheel and it does everything

on the app you should have remote 3d view

Searching for 530e on UK websites and saw Price difference between 182 and 191 530e from bmw UK dealer is roughly 1800£ same colour n spec. Which one would be better from resale as I will be looking to own it for 3 years.

• Advertisement

You will likely work out cheaper over all with the 18 unless the 19 is the facelift with the totally new dash display. Vrt difference too with the 19 possibly 500 more

You will likely work out cheaper over all with the 18 unless the 19 is the facelift with the totally new dash display. Vrt difference too with the 19 possibly 500 more

Mine is the 2020 model (build date >= Jul 19) with the 12kWh battery and updated dash (iDrive 7) , If that’s not important then as Mick points out the 18 might work out better value.

Thanks mick. Its 2019 9.2kwh battery with old dash display. I tried calculating vrt on ros site and there are two 530E MSport and vrt on second one had additional €1000. Not sure which one is correct.

Spoke to a couple of dealers and cars they've listed cars on bmw website are already sold like weeks ago. It appears that some dealers are not updating their stock regularly.

Thanks mick. Its 2019 9.2kwh battery with old dash display. I tried calculating vrt on ros site and there are two 530E MSport and vrt on second one was over €1000. Not sure which one is correct.

Spoke to a couple of dealers and cars they've listed cars on bmw website are already sold like weeks ago. It appears that some dealers are not updating their stock regularly.
    The 2 options are 46g and 49g co2. You would need to see the v5 cert from uk to be sure.
    I had a main dealer tell me it 41 after asking him was it 46 or 49 so dont believe a word they say.
    49 is the cheaper one for vrt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

On the emissions, this seems to have changed from the old New European Driving Cycle (NEDC) to the new WLTP (Worldwide Harmonized Light Vehicles Test Procedure) from September 2018, though there's some reference to figures correct as of 01 July 2018 at the BMW link below.

'BMW’s market-leading electric and plug-in hybrid range performed particularly well with the top-selling BMW 530e Saloon increasing by just 3 grams to 49g/km'.

So the 46 to 49 change seems to be an increase in CO2 for builds post 01 July 2018?

https://www.bmw.ie/en/topics/fascination-bmw/wltp-together-for-a-better-future.html

Meanwhile, the newer 530e with 12kWh (up from 9.2) has CO2 emissions of 41g/km.

I am planning to pull the trigger on a 2018 M Sport but am holding tough until mid July to purchase. So, for now I am just refereshing autotrader every day. Looking at Mediteranean Blue as my first choice (although currently there is a lack of options in that colour). If not, would go Black or Blue stone.

Anyway, would it be advisable to only purchase from BMW dealer or is the likes of Car Supermaket or Car Next ok to purchase from ie any downsides to buying from them?

For example, if I was to pull trigger now, this one looks enticing:
    https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202004068874923?radius=1501&postcode=bt11aa&model=5%20SERIES&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=Used&advertising-location=at_cars&keywords=530e&make=BMW&sort=relevance&page=1

I am planning to pull the trigger on a 2018 M Sport but am holding tough until mid July to purchase. So, for now I am just refereshing autotrader every day. Looking at Mediteranean Blue as my first choice (although currently there is a lack of options in that colour). If not, would go Black or Blue stone.

Anyway, would it be advisable to only purchase from BMW dealer or is the likes of Car Supermaket or Car Next ok to purchase from ie any downsides to buying from them?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202004068874923?radius=1501&postcode=bt11aa&model=5%20SERIES&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=Used&advertising-location=at_cars&keywords=530e&make=BMW&sort=relevance&page=1

Would you be interested in my SE? Xirallic Grey with Ivory Leather. Only 7k km. BMW Warranty to 2022. Has HUD, Parking Assistant Plus, Active Drive "Stop and Go", Upgrade Alloys, Heated Steering, Folding Mirrors.

I spoke to Carnext yesterday and they won't sell car to some one without UK address and a bank account.

Buying from a bmw main dealer appears to be better option because of peace of mind but they cost 2-3k more. Check bmw used car website as they've more options.

Would you be interested in my SE? Xirallic Grey with Ivory Leather. Only 7k km. BMW Warranty to 2022. Has HUD, Parking Assistant Plus, Active Drive "Stop and Go", Upgrade Alloys, Heated Steering, Folding Mirrors.

Probably not sorry, not a fan of the colour or SE model.

I spoke to Carnext yesterday and they won't sell car to some one without UK address and a bank account.

Thanks for the heads up. Any reason why this is? If you were to ring a BMW dealer would you need to tell them up front that you are exporting the car to Ireland?

• Advertisement

Thanks for the heads up. Any reason why this is? If you were to ring a BMW dealer would you need to tell them up front that you are exporting the car to Ireland?

They cited company policy and advised me to check carnext Ireland if they can import it. Ireland folks said they don't deal with UK.

that looks like a bog standard spec if your buying from the uk you should be able to get higher spec the HK is well worth getting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Irishder

you got a link to the add?

Irishder wrote: »
    you got a link to the add?

I haven't actually advertised it anywhere! It's just that it's not being used, isn't needed at the moment and I could do with the cash!

I can PM you some more info if you like? Probably better to keep it off-thread.

that looks like a bog standard spec if your buying from the uk you should be able to get higher spec the HK is well worth getting

I'm not going for that one specifically, it was just an example.

Regarding spec, yes it would be nice to get all the bells and whistles but for example, if you wanted to get one that has the HK sound system, they seem to be much higher priced. Probably because they would have other extras too but you could be looking at 30K plus sterling. And to be honest, a sound system is not worth 6-7,000 euro to me...

At moment, its seems like a toss-up between an M-Sport with no extras, cleared and on the road for less than 30K euro. Still a mighty car...
    Or, all the bells and whistles, park assist, HUD, HK sound, few other bits and looking at around 37,000 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭Kramer

that looks like a bog standard spec

The 530e is a very well specced car, even in the lowest trim level. The only things really missing would be adaptive cruise/lane keeping, a reversing camera (easily added but very effective parking sensors all around) & better audio. This too is easily rectified (add these speakers. Many, even with the HK system, end up replacing the poor factory front speakers with these & disconnect the centre.

The HUD would be very nice but it's a great car as is & exceptional value.

I'd go with a BMW main dealer, just for peace of mind regarding provenance, ensuring no outstanding finance etc. but the warranty is good for 3 years & valid here, so no worries on that front.

Many BMW dealers won't sell if it's going to be exported though - as instructed by BMW UK (allegedly ;)). Do some research though & some will.

Best of luck with your new 530e anyway :).

I am planning to pull the trigger on a 2018 M Sport.........Looking at Mediteranean Blue as my first choice

I'm partial to the blue too - my M-Sport :).

6th0vnT.jpg
    iTzv2iH.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Kramer wrote: »
    Many, even with the HK system, end up replacing the poor factory front speakers with these & disconnect the centre.

What's the logic of disconnecting the centre?

What's the logic of disconnecting the centre?

Mainly soundstaging/stereo separation. The factory speakers are really terrible, even in the HK, including the centre speakers.
    Two good fronts (4, counting separate tweeters), are far, far better.

I upgraded to the Etons & a friend, who had an identical 530e, but with HK audio, immediately decided to do his too, after hearing the difference.

You'd be shocked at how cheap the factory speakers are, for such an expensive car.
    I must throw up a few pictures some day.

The Etons are a quick & simple change too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lobbylad

I took the plunge, 2019 530e MSport iPerformance, UK, but through a main dealer here. Should have it late next week once the vrt/reg is completed.

Coming from a 10 reg 520d, that has served me well.

Looking at the EO mini, not sure on the tethered vs non, not keen on the cable with tethered, a bit of an eyesore. Applied for the grant last night, so hopefully get the letter next week too.

Any advice from current owners on the car?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

Congrats,

Tethered is a lot easier, but as you mentioned an eyesore, look at this https://www.biname.be/en/reel-for-ev/748-extension-reels-for-electric-vehicles-charging.html , still an eyesore, it would need a cabinet or similar around it, then that becomes the eyesore, cheaper option is place your tethered unit in a cabinet.

lobbylad wrote: »
    I took the plunge, 2019 530e MSport iPerformance, UK, but through a main dealer here. Should have it late next week once the vrt/reg is completed.

Looking at the EO mini, not sure on the tethered vs non, not keen on the cable with tethered, a bit of an eyesore. Applied for the grant last night, so hopefully get the letter next week too.

My friend just brought in a 19 Msport + model.
    He’s gone for the EO also due to its small and discreet styling.

Not the first person who did this...Did you ask them specifically to import for you or did they have it in stock themselves anyway...Do you get the same sort of savings when you go through a dealer here? I presume they add on a few quid for themselves?

Not the first person who did this...Did you ask them specifically to import for you or did they have it in stock themselves anyway...Do you get the same sort of savings when you go through a dealer here? I presume they add on a few quid for themselves?

No, they had it in stock themselves. With all the virus hassle I decided against doing it myself, did it years ago and it worked out fine, but too much trouble. Plus doing that meant I would've had to sell my own privately, too much trouble.

Yes, they had it priced a little above the UK value, but being a BMW dealer, I got a better price on my own as a trade in than the non BMW garages were giving.

Kramer wrote: »

Many BMW dealers won't sell if it's going to be exported though - as instructed by BMW UK (allegedly ;)). Do some research though & some will.

Jaysus lads im losing confidence fast here, I thought it was a doddle to import a car...Car Next and now BMW dealers are refusing to export

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

You wont regret it the 530e is a great car to drive you can take it easy with max e drive and if you need power put the foot down

I went for the non tethered as it look better i bought a cable from the uk and i use it to charge at home and at free charging points

Im not sure if electric Ireland still have the offer of 750 for the charger after your grant its 150 and

Good look with the car

Jaysus lads im losing confidence fast here, I thought it was a doddle to import a car...Car Next and now BMW dealers are refusing to export

It’s a couple of years since l did a personal import of a car from the UK but l didn’t experience any BMW dealer flat out refusing to export. The BMW dealer l bought off hadn’t done an export before but had no issues with it

It’s a couple of years since l did a personal import of a car from the UK but l didn’t experience any BMW dealer flat out refusing to export. The BMW dealer l bought off hadn’t done an export before but had no issues with it

Same here, got a car from BMW in Guildford about 10 yrs ago.

Only problem was tax, couldn't tax it as i didn't have a postcode, and the dealer isn't supposed to let you go without tax.

But, the other salesman in the showroom was from Kilkenny so he just said "ah go on so"! I had my ferry booking for that evening so had evidence it was just a straight run from Guildford to Holyhead

Some amount of 530e models being bought recently, both locally & from the UK :eek:.
    It's looking more & more likely this will end at the end of this year, as the UK seem destined to exit without any deal.

BMW are intent on ending their BMW First subscription service too by devaluing it & removing benefits.
    If anyone needs some free wipers or a service soon (20% discount), sign up asap as they changing it from July 1st.

I think there's still a free month's trial & a 2nd free month if using an existing subscriber's referral. I'll add mine here (I'd get an extra month too, but it'll be pretty useless after July 1st).

My link:

https://www.bmw-first.ie?referral=191L3565&utm_campaign=BMW-FIRST_Friends

Grab the free wipers anyway & a mini valet if you can get it booked in before the end of the month.

• Advertisement
Advertisement