Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bank of Ireland shares

Options

Comments

Remember they can see stop losses under Level 2 analysis. Stop losses become a target.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭codrulz

Remember they can see stop losses under Level 2 analysis. Stop losses become a target.

Agreed, stop loss hunting is very common.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 79 ✭✭ChuckieEgg

Agreed, but for me it's a necessary evil. If I didn't have it in place then it could hit the price where I should be cutting losses but instead I wouldn't be able to hit that sell button.
    The original purchase was at €1.72 with the objective of seeing a quick enough return to the €1.80 to €2 trading range. I was wrong and the trade went the other way, the stop loss protected me from loosing more which in this case didn't happen but it often does

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

How are Stop losses visible? Is it the same as buy and sell orders? (Your broker just forwards them to the relevant exchange and they sit there, visible to anyone who pays the live feed subscription fee)

Really interesting to know that...and clearly there was a concerted effort yesterday to clear out the stop losses at €1.60.

bcklschaps wrote: »
    How are Stop losses visible? Is it the same as buy and sell orders? (Your broker just forwards them to the relevant exchange and they sit there, visible to anyone who pays the live feed subscription fee)

Really interesting to know that...and clearly there was a concerted effort yesterday to clear out the stop losses at €1.60.

All trades buy/sells are available with Level 2 analysis. Give it a google.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭antimatterx

bcklschaps wrote: »
    Banks In Ireland are in a tough spot. Low interest rates means that they have little scope for any profit spread, payment breaks, stays on repossessions etc. hurting them too

As soon as the property market capitulates (only being kept afloat at the moment by Multi national employee wages)... Then the banks here are in real Schitts Creek.

Having said all that the two pillar banks are still profitable and their SP's are getting cheap.

At what price are they worth a nibble??

The property market will NOT crash. Prices might drop slightly (not soon though), but properties are being snapped up. Theres two in my estate gone sale agreed after 2 weeks. Loads of viewing.

The property market will NOT crash. Prices might drop slightly (not soon though), but properties are being snapped up. Theres two in my estate gone sale agreed after 2 weeks. Loads of viewing.

Only buyer of houses around here is the Government (for social housing).

Commercial property is wobbling already ...only a matter of time before residential follows.

The scale of the fall is debatable, and things like the bank lending rules and the fact that most developers didn't even put on their boots since 2008, will temper the drop. But there's no debating that our economy is in big trouble. Without the US Multi nationals we would be going cap in hand to ECB again.

Non of this is good for Irish banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Appreciate the above posts about Irish economy,

But

AIB 90c
    BOI €1.54

today.

Anyone thinking about taking a pop?.... could be 15% easy profit in a week or soo, if they go back to the 'normal' trading range of

AIB €1.02
    BOI €1.80

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭daheff

Appreciate the above posts about Irish economy,

But

AIB 90c
    BOI €1.54

today.

Anyone thinking about taking a pop?.... could be 15% easy profit in a week or soo, if they go back to the 'normal' trading range of

AIB €1.02
    BOI €1.80

"Buying opportunity"

A falling price is a buying opportunity as is a rising price for a good salesperson.

Really need to look and see if the share is underpriced now vs where it should be, AND if you feel the market will realise that and buy up the prices.

Edit : fwiw I'm long on BOI @~1.75 with a view to sell at 2.05

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

Peoples thoughts on the future of BOI share prices?

Its been all over the place the past few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Depends on how many customers they loose due to their fee change

ganmo wrote: »
    Depends on how many customers they loose due to their fee change

Increased income with some loss of negative income generating retail customers. Would probably increase in price.

Did someone shove a stick of dynamite up Francesca's keister ?

Sp up 7% today.

I got in at the low €1.50's there a few weeks back.... Might be time to take something off the table....

Did someone shove a stick of dynamite up Francesca's keister ?

Sp up 7% today.

I got in at the low €1.50's there a few weeks back.... Might be time to take something off the table....

With such a large jump today it would not be an awful idea.

That being said there is a strong chance that it can return to 1.8 in the next few weeks, but could possibly drop from current price before that.

It fully depends on how much risk your willing to take :)

sirboby wrote: »
    With such a large jump today it would not be an awful idea.

That being said there is a strong chance that it can return to 1.8 in the next few weeks, but could possibly drop from current price before that.

It fully depends on how much risk your willing to take :)

Cashed in some of my chips... times are volatile...nice to lock in a little profit, where you can.

Still holding some and may add
    more if it falls back into the €1.50's again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Back up to €1.89 today. +3.84%

Yeah, up a tasty 20% now. Whats happening? Is it Blackrock ???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Volume on the upticks been consistently better than on the downticks. Usually a good sign - as in, it's unlikely to tank below €1.40 just yet! :)

BOI up to 1.96 today. I'm holding a small profit. Went in at 1.91 a few weeks back, should I take the money and run?

• Advertisement

Comhra wrote: »
    BOI up to 1.96 today. I'm holding a small profit. Went in at 1.91 a few weeks back, should I take the money and run?

I'd personally sell soon.

You can probably get back in next week at 1.8's
    If it doesn't fall, at least you made a little profit

Avg in atm is 1.6196, so 1.62.. serious jump in the past while and upside is probably limited to 2.05ish.
    Don't think the RR is there any more to hold, will decide before EOD if I want to stay put for now!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,156 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

I have twisted BOI five times this year originally bought in at 1.38 in late April. I sold at 1.9, bought twice at 1.78and sold at 1.95. before they floored at 1.55 over a months ago. I had two position open one at 1.58 and one at 1.78. I sold the 1.58 about ten days ago at 1.8 and had left a limit of 1.99on the other lot. They sold some time this AM when I went in to sell. I was pleasantly surprised. They have been great to me this year.

I have twisted AIB once about two months ago and PTSB about 4weeks ago. Time to sit tight for a while

Slava Ukrainii

sirboby wrote: »
    I'd personally sell soon.

You can probably get back in next week at 1.8's
    If it doesn't fall, at least you made a little profit

Sold at 1.98 (My first sell on DeGiro as a newbie) Will be interesting to see if BOI recycles in similar fashion again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,360 ✭✭✭roosterman71

BoI on a bit of a run the last couple of days. At 2.05 now. What's the trigger?

BoI on a bit of a run the last couple of days. At 2.05 now. What's the trigger?

There is a trading statement due this week. I can't remember when - it may already have happened.

Euro banks issued good trading statements last week.

I may be a case of "buy the rumour, sell the fact", or we may be pleasantly surprised and it breaks the resistance at this level.

Who knows?! :rolleyes:

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭PHG

Looks to have broken resistance now

Closed at its high after a very good month.

The upticks were accompanied by better volume than the downticks, during that time. The three days around October 22 were very good.

So, the OBV is looking very healthy.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,360 ✭✭✭roosterman71

It's been trying to get going for a long time now. What makes ye think this time it will get away past the glass ceiling that seems to be over it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

It's been trying to get going for a long time now. What makes ye think this time it will get away past the glass ceiling that seems to be over it?

this is the highest its closed since march , anytime its crossed 2 in the past few months , its shat the bed that day and dropped back below 2 before closing

Advertisement