Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From a Christmas Pudding to a Christmas Cracker - Weight Loss Motivation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Only 2lbs away from my 5st, and 1st 12 from Target, I'm determined to keep it up :D

Wow, fair play! That's an amazing amount of weight to lose! Bravo to you!

I was half a pound down at SW last night! Delighted with that as I didn't have a great week. Need to be extra focused now this week to keep myself on track! I bought a 12 week countdown which I never have before but did it so that I have to go every week now for the next 12 weeks & hopefully that will spur me on! :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CheerLouth wrote: »
    I bought a 12 week countdown which I never have before but did it so that I have to go every week now for the next 12 weeks & hopefully that will spur me on! :D

Great motivating tool, knowing you've commited to the next 12 weeks, it'll definitely will help keep you motivated and on track! :)

I went to the gym Tuesday, had a 5km walk yesterday and gym again this morning and I'm still fearful for WI on Saturday... I think Treatmas may have been a leap too far :pac:

I guess we'll see on Saturday, the more important thing is I'm back on track.

I've just discovered Breyers ice cream - it's on special in Tesco at the min. I wouldn't be a big ice cream fan but the chocolate one is lovely and hits the chocolate craving! 3 syns for 53g - decent enough bowl!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CheerLouth wrote: »
    I've just discovered Breyers ice cream - it's on special in Tesco at the min. I wouldn't be a big ice cream fan but the chocolate one is lovely and hits the chocolate craving! 3 syns for 53g - decent enough bowl!

They also do ice cream protein bars. Amazing. Each bar is only 5syns but totally worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Dalomanakora

Hali Top also do lovely ice cream that's low syn, around the same syns as most Breyers ones. Bigger selection of flavours, high protein, low fat and low sugar

• Advertisement

I stayed the same this week.

I got 2 extra training session in on top of my usual 3 so I’m hoping it’s muscle and water retention over damage from treatmas :O

Loughc wrote: »
    I stayed the same this week.

I got 2 extra training session in on top of my usual 3 so I’m hoping it’s muscle and water retention over damage from treatmas :O

That's a tough one, Loughc especially after you put in extra effort! A good week won't go to waste tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

I weighed myself yesterday after a two week break since the new elf. I havent gained a gram...even after all the bad food. I don't its divine intervention I just think in those two weeks I dint have a night out on the cider. Goes to show how much that effects me, 210 cals a pint.

Anywho thanks to my amazing OH I got a 10km run in over the weekend and I got the gym before work this morning. New programme which is quicker than the old one. Had my shakes, pre and post ready, my eggs and oats for first breakfast and cottage cheese for snacks. I'll try to keep this up 5 days this week.

I have some courses coming up that I need to do and with the little one its going to be tough keeping up the gym. If Im at a course two evenings it's not fair to hit the gym or go for a run as I wont be pulling my weight with the elf. I need to tailor it perfectly.

If you're ever out on the drink, try switch to spirits if you can handle them. About 60 calories per shot and the calories don't hold onto your body because it's not all sugary crap like cider.

As for gym and the little one - it'll be grand. If your goal is weight loss, you can do it without as much gym as you're used to. If it's not, you'll get back into your routine with the gym once the courses are done :) congrats on maintaining!

Weighed in last night and was down 1.5lbs :D That's 9lbs in total! Delighted with myself. Definitely felt a lot better in myself this week!

• Advertisement

Congrats CL!

I had a totally and utterly unexpected gain after being 100% on plan, at 1200 calories a day and extremely low carb.

So now I need 3.5-4lbs off for next week. So I'm now using extreme measures and doing water fasting. Not pleasant but I'm doing it safely.

Congrats CL!

So now I need 3.5-4lbs off for next week. So I'm now using extreme measures and doing water fasting. Not pleasant but I'm doing it safely.

Just becareful with this tactic. You will end up losing mostly water weight and not fat as the body will be in starvation mode.

Water weight shoots back on the following week if you relax a little on the water fasting.

Don’t forget an undeserved gain usually works itself out the following week with any extreme measure. Stay the course and you’ll be fine.

You’re flying it as it is! :)

Just becareful with this tactic. You will end up losing mostly water weight and not fat as the body will be in starvation mode.

Water weight shoots back on the following week if you relax a little on the water fasting.

Don’t forget an undeserved gain usually works itself out the following week with any extreme measure. Stay the course and you’ll be fine.

You’re flying it as it is! :)

Oh I fully expect it to go back on the following week. I need it off within one week to get my BMI to 28 to have surgery (hospital has no ICU). If it's not at the 28, I wait 18 months for my local hospital. It's a drastic, temporary measure and I know I'll gain back like 5lbs the following week!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,156 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Oh I fully expect it to go back on the following week. I need it off within one week to get my BMI to 28 to have surgery (hospital has no ICU). If it's not at the 28, I wait 18 months for my local hospital. It's a drastic, temporary measure and I know I'll gain back like 5lbs the following week!

Best of luck man, hope it all goes to plan.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Ah in that case best of luck! :)

DvB wrote: »
    Best of luck *woman, hope it all goes to plan.

Ftfy :pac:

Ftfy :pac:

Oops!!! Not the first time I've made that mistake on here... 😳
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

So give the night in it last night we ended up getting a dominos :O

First takeaway this year. Weigh in tomorrow night not be good!

So give the night in it last night we ended up getting a dominos :O

First takeaway this year. Weigh in tomorrow night not be good!

You have to live too. No point taking up a weight loss/fitness plan if you cant maintain some balance, otherwise you'll give up & pile the weight back on again. As long as thetakeaways dont become a twice a week mainstay or suchlike you'll be grand.

What's the point of improving your eating habits and losing weight if you can't enjoy the odd unhealthy meal?

Absolutely pointless to constantly deprive yourself, there's no harm in a pizza if you're spot on the rest of the week!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Only eating healthy food for the rest of your life won't necessary make you live longer, but it sure will feel longer. :p

Posy wrote: »
    Only eating healthy food for the rest of your life won't necessary make you live longer, but it sure will feel longer. :p

Love it :D

So I lost a pound this week. Happy enough with that as I had pizza and a couple of other treats along the way this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Not a flipping chance I am weighing myself. We had our first night out boozing in (I boozed during the pregnancy) on Friday. All you can eat brunch and enough rum and cokes to kill someone. Then take away and chocolate yesterday.

No gym over the weekend and only ran 4km

I did it. I had to lose 3-4lbs. I just lost 7.5!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Well done. :D

And best of luck with your surgery!

I did it. I had to lose 3-4lbs. I just lost 7.5!!!

Fantastic - good luck with the surgery!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Only saw this thread now! What a great idea! I have a good few pounds to lose after Christmas (ate sooo much crap!) so I really need to get my ass in gear cos I'm slipping in and out of healthy eating....I really need to be disciplined!

Week 1: -2lbs
    Week 2: -4lbs
    Week 3: -2lbs
    Week 4: -3lbs
    Week 5: STS
    Week 6: -1lb
    Week 7: -1lb

Up to 13lbs gone forever since January. And more importantly I haven’t missed one gym session so I’m seeing a massive improvement in my clothes and how they fit too. Delighted I’m staying on track :)

• Advertisement

Fantastic! That's a really solid, steady pace. Seriously great results :)

Advertisement