Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

august2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭History Queen

Aveen wrote: »
    Hey, I rang the hospital myself and book first scan. You could try the same, I book the rotunda. Have a look on your hospital website or ask a friend . My scan not until mid Feb

Limerick won't let you do that apparently. They insist on referrals coming direct from GP. I'll give it another day or two to allow for Christmas backlog then I'll ring them to find out. I got my appointment letter around 8 weeks on my first pregnancy and wasn't scanned until i was 13 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Hope all is well with everyone.
    I have an acupuncture appointment tomorrow. Hoping to get some relief.
    Scan is Friday!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Aveen

I've accupture booked for Friday. Thinking I'd love a early scan, had horrible sickness yesterday, big sleep last night I feel good day and all nervous. God my.mind playing ticks on me. Had to tell my boss yesterday cause I nearly vomited in our meeting. She said she thought I was, she said I've the grey colour face. Feeling fab after ����.
    She very good and not saying anything to post scan but prefer to know due to risk and my sickness. Maybe that panicking cause other people know

I've accupture booked for Friday. Thinking I'd love a early scan, had horrible sickness yesterday, big sleep last night I feel good day and all nervous. God my.mind playing ticks on me. Had to tell my boss yesterday cause I nearly vomited in our meeting. She said she thought I was, she said I've the grey colour face. Feeling fab after ����.
    She very good and not saying anything to post scan but prefer to know due to risk and my sickness. Maybe that panicking cause other people know

I told one of my bosses as I won’t be in on Friday as have scan with consultant.
    Two people in worked asked me if I was pregnant as I was sick. I tried to deny it.
    Very early days and all that!

Millem wrote: »
    I told one of my bosses as I won’t be in on Friday as have scan with consultant.
    Two people in worked asked me if I was pregnant as I was sick. I tried to deny it.
    Very early days and all that!

Early days I know, my office girls are asking because I'm so k too, I'll see how long I'll get anyway before telling. I always like to wait to 12wweks scan even with early scan

• Advertisement

Early days I know, my office girls are asking because I'm so k too, I'll see how long I'll get anyway before telling. I always like to wait to 12wweks scan even with early scan

I never ask anyone if they are pregnant even if they are like obviously pregnant 9 months!! I think it is a bit rude tbh. One person kept asking in front of a group!!!

Once I get my panorama results all going well I will tell people :)

I never ask anyone if they are pregnant even if they are like obviously pregnant 9 months!! I think it is a bit rude tbh. One person kept asking in front of a group!!!

Once I get my panorama results all going well I will tell people :)

Exact same me, why ask people, peolpe only tell thinhs when theyre eady!

I feel I've turn corner with sickness 🤞🏻 it's last but I'll be 9weeks on Sat, increase in hormones again so not likely long term. I'm like a child, don't want to feel sick but nervous when not sick, like the sickness is reassurance I'm still pregnancy

Exact same me, why ask people, peolpe only tell thinhs when theyre eady!

I feel I've turn corner with sickness 🀞🻠it's last but I'll be 9weeks on Sat, increase in hormones again so not likely long term. I'm like a child, don't want to feel sick but nervous when not sick, like the sickness is reassurance I'm still pregnancy

I know! Have another acupuncture booked for next week!
    Needles where everywhere......face, hands, arms, feet, ankles, just under bra are!! I have never had it before but it was nice....I was left just to chill in a dark room.
    Looking forward to scan tomorrow....hopefully all goes well!
    My sickness is no where near as bad as my last two!

Oh thats good to know, I've an appointment tomorow
    My friend had for other reasons said she became emotional and cried.

So still no letter from the hospital so I rang this afternoon. I'll get a letter early next week she said, not sure if that's only because I rang or if it was going to be sent then anyway. 10 weeks tomorrow and doing fine so far, hope everyone else is well.

• Advertisement

Met my consultant today and had scan. All good thank God.
    Next appointment is 27th January will be 10 weeks then. :)

Met my consultant today and had scan. All good thank God.
    Next appointment is 27th January will be 10 weeks then. :)

Great news, I hope you slept super last night :-)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Found out few weeks ago our 2nd is due mid August. Wasn't amused by it and didnt really give the reaction my OH sought for. I guess it'll probably hit me and I'll be delighted come August. I have enough other things on my plate atm.

Found out few weeks ago our 2nd is due mid August. Wasn't amused by it and didnt really give the reaction my OH sought for. I guess it'll probably hit me and I'll be delighted come August. I have enough other things on my plate atm.

Congrats and welcome to the group.
    Take all the time you need to process the news, I wasn't far off ya and my husband wasn't ready at all.
    You can feel what you like, they're your feeling! Hope your keeping well

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rebel83

Hi Folks. How's everyone feeling this week?
    We had a busy weekend, which was great fun but involved a lot of travel, so was absolutely wrecked when I got home last night! No major morning sickness yet (@ 7 weeks) although I've had a couple of bouts of mild nausea in recent days & my muscles & back are quite achey, but overall nothing too bad which is great.

I was still feeling quite anxious about miscarriage etc & I have some important work decisions as a result of the pregnancy so I decided to book a private early pregnancy scan, which is this Friday, I'll be around 8 weeks so they should be able to confirm a heartbeat & that the baby is in the right location at least - feeling excited & anxious about that.
    In terms of other symptoms, still quite bloated so living in slouchy clothes at the moment!

Got my bloodwork report back from the GP to bring along to my 1st hospital appt - everything appears to be within the target range, although the iron one looks a little on the low side of normal (27) so probably need to increase the amount of red meat in my diet to improve that. Presumably this will help with fatigue too, so that's my main focus this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭plasticheart

Best of luck with the scan, Rebel. Hope it goes really well for you.

I'm absolutely shattered all day, every day but I can't sleep at night. I'm hoping to see my GP this week and get bloods done as I suspect I'm a bit anaemic.

I had my 8 week scan last week and everything looked good - baby in the right place and a strong heartbeat. It was such a huge relief. I'm still worried about things going wrong but trying to just focus on the positives and enjoy it.

Great news Plastic Heart - the scan that is not the tiredness!!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭venusdoom

Hi all, in particular cherryghost. I'm also due mid August with my 4th and it was a big shock to me to be honest. Still don't know how to feel about it. I am feeling guilty though that I'm not too excited. As a previous poster said, it's okay to feel like this. I'm hoping to feel a bit more positive after my scan at end of month.

Oh I feel like my bump just pop

Oh I feel like my bump just pop

My mother just said to me that I'm showing (not in a mean way!) and to be honest I think she's right. Even my husband thought so. I didn't show this early last time, hard to know if I'm actually "showing" or of its just bloat. I'm only 10+5 so surely it's just bloat but it feels and looks more like a bump. Either way hiding this pregnancy is much more difficult than the last one was.

• Advertisement

Had my early pregnancy scan yesterday. Strong heartbeat, good location & only 1 baby! Also measuring 7w3d so they've given be an estimated due date of Sept 1st. Getting exciting now!

Rebel83 wrote: »
    Had my early pregnancy scan yesterday. Strong heartbeat, good location & only 1 baby! Also measuring 7w3d so they've given be an estimated due date of Sept 1st. Getting exciting now!

Great news, 3 weeks until my scan I can't wait

Hope everyone is keeping well! My stomach is huge!! It’s a bobbin on the jeans job!! Literally I have no idea what I will wear to work tomorrow. I defo look pregnant. Was wearing normal blouses until I was 6 months pregnant on my second!
    I have that panorama test on Monday....looking forward to the scan!
    Vomiting is easing but still have nausea and round ligament pain. Sucking boiled sweets is really helping!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭rosiem

Hi All been lurking for a while as was nervous to join until all confirmed ok as I am an older mother (IVF baby). Had harmony test last week and got results today so all looking good had booking appointment today and in for dating scan tomorrow. Harmony scan last week dated me as12+1 today.I have a 20 month old as well really struggling with tiredness but nausea seems to be easing.

Hi all, hope everyone is keeping well? I had my scan today. All is well thank God and dates matched up exactly with my own. Told some close friends after the scan but most had realised as I'm showing quite obviously now. Symptoms are grand, still tired, but well otherwise. How are u all getting on?

Hi all, hope everyone is keeping well? I had my scan today. All is well thank God and dates matched up exactly with my own. Told some close friends after the scan but most had realised as I'm showing quite obviously now. Symptoms are grand, still tired, but well otherwise. How are u all getting on?

My nausea is finally easing up and I seem to be getting a bit of energy back :) I'll l be 12 weeks this weekend. I had the harmony scan this week. Baby is measuring well and everything looks good. I'll be getting the full results next week and I can't wait. Hope everyone else is doing well.

My nausea is finally easing up and I seem to be getting a bit of energy back :) I'll l be 12 weeks this weekend. I had the harmony scan this week. Baby is measuring well and everything looks good. I'll be getting the full results next week and I can't wait. Hope everyone else is doing well.

Great that ur nausea is easing. It must be so hard to function while dealing with that

I got my harmony results back today - everything is fine! Such a huge relief :) Although my nausea seems to be back again.

How is everyone else doing?

I got my harmony results back today - everything is fine! Such a huge relief :) Although my nausea seems to be back again.

How is everyone else doing?

Ah that is great news! I am waiting for my panorama results. Did you find out gender? Omg my nausea and vomiting is back with a bang :(

• Advertisement

Ah that is great news! I am waiting for my panorama results. Did you find out gender? Omg my nausea and vomiting is back with a bang :(

Yes I found out the gender because I just couldn't wait, haha :) We're not going to tell anyone yet though. Hope you get your results soon and they're good!

Sorry your nausea is back, mine is too after feeling fine for almost 2 weeks. :(

Advertisement