Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

august2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭anndub

Rebel83 wrote: »
    Hi Ladies!

We finally got our BFP this week & according to various apps I am either 31/08 or 04/09 - depending on whether I use date of (likely) conception or date of last period. I have a short cycle so not sure which one to use.
    So excited after a year of trying but also terrified in case something goes wrong. Had to tell immediate family as they would guess today & tomorrow when I'm not drinking at Christmas!

I have a 24 day cycle and having had two babies found on both that due date was off by about a week once we had the dating scan (12 week) done i.e. according to last period I'd have been due my daughter on 7th June but she dated 31st may and my son the 14th of September but he dated size wise the 7th of September. My daughter labor kicked off on the 1st of June and my son arrived on September 7th so last monthly period was not at all accurate.

For your own piece of mind though I'd use the last monthly period until the booking visit. It'll be a bonus to find out your further along along than a disappointment or a worry if babs isn't as big as you hoped.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rebel83

anndub wrote: »
    I have a 24 day cycle and having had two babies found on both that due date was off by about a week once we had the dating scan (12 week) done i.e. according to last period I'd have been due my daughter on 7th June but she dated 31st may and my son the 14th of September but he dated size wise the 7th of September. My daughter labor kicked off on the 1st of June and my son arrived on September 7th so last monthly period was not at all accurate.

For your own piece of mind though I'd use the last monthly period until the booking visit. It'll be a bonus to find out your further along along than a disappointment or a worry if babs isn't as big as you hoped.

Yep. That seems a bit more like the dates I get if it put in estimated date of conception rather than date of last period.

So flipping excited & nervous though I don't think I'll be able to wait until mid-Feb for a scan so I might pay for one of those private early scans as there's one quite close by.

Still feeling fine but am alert to every little twinge!

Sitting here munching on raw carrots in an effort not to gorge myself on chocolate & crisps. Such a tricky time of the year to be on a good diet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭anndub

Yep. That seems a bit more like the dates I get if it put in estimated date of conception rather than date of last period.

So flipping excited & nervous though I don't think I'll be able to wait until mid-Feb for a scan so I might pay for one of those private early scans as there's one quite close by.

Still feeling fine but am alert to every little twinge!

Bear in mind it'll depend on who you meet on the day of your dating scan too. For my daughter my due date was immediately brought forward but for my son the consultant I was under wasn't keen so my due date remained paired with my last monthly period. This means my daughter is recorded as a 40 weeker but my son as a 39 weeker despite me pregnant for the same length of time!

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Aveen

Congrats to all ladies,

I hope you're all getting some relax time. Nausea still present at time but thank God for the meds. I can't manage been able to cope without them.

My cycle been all over the place so GP went by last period and said to wait for scan.

It's hard at home here for Xmas, few people watching want I'm drinking, one said it to me, kinda pissed cause you won't be able to say that to he wife or murder & I don't even drink that much on some occassions never. Anyway I'm properly just over sensitive at mo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭plasticheart

I've had awful nausea on and off all day since Sunday. All I can stomach is dry toast and 7up. :(

Stil no nausea here yet thankfully (but only 4.5 weeks so a couple of weeks early for that) but I do feel quite bloated & quite frisky - 2 that don't usually go together.

GP's appt made yesterday - earliest I can get in is Fri Jan 3rd but there's no mad rush I guess. Just paranoid something will go wrong as I see stories of so many miscarriages the more I read. Have downloaded 4 pregnancy Apps which date me anything from Aug 30th -Sept 4th. My partner kept asking me was I ok last night as I was so engrossed in the phone!!

I've had awful nausea on and off all day since Sunday. All I can stomach is dry toast and 7up. :(

Eat and drink what you can, I was like that on my last two. Luzocude sport was good too.

I think the meds are helping this time so far, not vomiting, still nausea, serious bloating & dry wrecking. Read the meds could take a week to really kick I.

Keep updating your GP, dehydrating is the main thing to prevent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭History Queen

Hi ladies, just wondering about an early scan. I'm 8 weeks now but I had a sudden urge last night to get an early scan done. No idea why. Maybe because of the fact that I still haven't got a date for my 12 week scan? I'll be 9 weeks Friday, is it a bit pointless getting a private scan at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Touchee

Hi ladies, just wondering about an early scan. I'm 8 weeks now but I had a sudden urge last night to get an early scan done. No idea why. Maybe because of the fact that I still haven't got a date for my 12 week scan? I'll be 9 weeks Friday, is it a bit pointless getting a private scan at this stage?

I got mine in Merrion Fetal Health, It was reassuring to know everything was fine. I slept much better afterwards. It was also helpful at the next scan for the consultant to see how much the baby had grown in between scans.

If you can afford it and feel that you need it to sleep a bit better, then go for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I am getting one Friday week I will be 7/8 weeks.
    There are loads of places around are you in Dublin?

Millem wrote: »
    I am getting one Friday week I will be 7/8 weeks.
    There are loads of places around are you in Dublin?

No I'm in Tipperary, not far from Limerick though and there seems tobe lots of places offering scans there.

I've my GP appointment on Friday so will get the ball rolling on the hospital referral. I've heard that CUMH don't always do an anatomy scan & can be quite late with the 12 week one so I think I'll go for a private one at 8/9 weeks - I think there are 2 places in Cork that offer them (Babyscan in Ballincollig & a place across from CUMH in Wilton) & we're pretty close to Babyscan so will probably go there.

Anyone else finding it hard to resist the urge of all the end of year baby & maternity sales on at the moment. I know logically it’s way too early to buy stuff & don’t want to jinx it by ordering maternity stuff so early on, but ....... I WANT EVERYTHING!!!!

It’s probably not helping that I am beyond bloated so regular clothes are uncomfortable so comfy maternity pants sound amazing right now :-)

I can’t wait to hit the 12 week mark to be able to tell everyone, we are so excited I want to burst but I’m also so conscious of the % that end in miscarriage so I’m paranoid.

Anyone else finding it hard to resist the urge of all the end of year baby & maternity sales on at the moment. I know logically it’s way too early to buy stuff & don’t want to jinx it by ordering maternity stuff so early on, but ....... I WANT EVERYTHING!!!!

It’s probably not helping that I am beyond bloated so regular clothes are uncomfortable so comfy maternity pants sound amazing right now :-)

I can’t wait to hit the 12 week mark to be able to tell everyone, we are so excited I want to burst but I’m also so conscious of the % that end in miscarriage so I’m paranoid.

Oh stop I am so bloated...my clothes so tight....have been living in pj bottoms! Going to order some maternity jeans for work today. Going to try boohoo as so cheap. Can’t remember where I put my old ones!
    I ordered a wrist tens machine for nausea.....it arrived today and is charging at the mo! Apparently it is meant to work ;)
    Off my beloved cup of tea as it’s making my vomiting worse.

I might do the same. Jeans are way to squishy right now!

Thankfully no nausea yet, but it’s early days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

I've my GP appointment on Friday so will get the ball rolling on the hospital referral. I've heard that CUMH don't always do an anatomy scan & can be quite late with the 12 week one so I think I'll go for a private one at 8/9 weeks - I think there are 2 places in Cork that offer them (Babyscan in Ballincollig & a place across from CUMH in Wilton) & we're pretty close to Babyscan so will probably go there.

What do you learn from the 8/9 week scan? it seems like it mainly dates the pregnancy and gives pictures? Is there a good place to get more info?

cooperguy wrote: »
    What do you learn from the 8/9 week scan? it seems like it mainly dates the pregnancy and gives pictures? Is there a good place to get more info?

Not sure really. I guess to know things are progressing as they should (ie heart beating, not ectopic) & to get an estimated due date. I'm going to ask my GP on Fri what he thinks about it & then prob book one for week 8

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

8 week scan would just confirm that there is a baby there in the right place and a strong heartbeat.Not much else.That's kind of why hospitals don't bother with a first appointment til 12 weeks.Although I believe that if all is good at 8 weeks, there is a high likelihood (although not 100%, as always) that there will not be a miscarraige.

I have had early scans through the hospital EPU myself, due to early bleeds, so have experienced the scans at 5/6 weeks, then 8/9 weeks and that's about all they tell you really.Never went for a private one due to those circumstances.

Yep but even that sounds reassuring. I think they can also tell if there are twins at 8 weeks too.

• Advertisement

From 9 weeks you can get the panorama test done which includes a scan too.
    Never got it done on my other two but will for this one.

Millem wrote: »
    From 9 weeks you can get the panorama test done which includes a scan too.
    Never got it done on my other two but will for this one.

What's the Panorama test Millem?

What's the Panorama test Millem?

It’s a non invasive pre natal test. There is another one called harmony...both very similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Anomaly scan is standard in Cumh now!

jlm29 wrote: »
    Anomaly scan is standard in Cumh now!

Great news!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Yep but even that sounds reassuring. I think they can also tell if there are twins at 8 weeks too.

Oh yeah, they can. You could see it fairly easily at that stage, from what I remember. I found the early scans very reassuring myself but I was having issues with bleeding, so that was understandable. I think we would have paid for a private one on the second and third if we hadn't been in the EPU. I don't remember them being so available on my first, although she wasn't that long ago!

Ladies am I correct in saying that Limerick Maternity Hospital still don't offer the anomaly scan? They didn't on my last pregnancy but just wondering if anything has changed since?

Happy New Year ladies, here to new adventures ahead ��

Hi ladies, has anyone NOT got a date for their first scan/booking appointment yet? I got my pregnancy confirmed by my GP when I was 5+4, I'm now 9+1 and have had nothing from the hospital yet. Decided against an early scan as I think I'd just be feeding my own anxiety.

• Advertisement

Hi ladies, has anyone NOT got a date for their first scan/booking appointment yet? I got my pregnancy confirmed by my GP when I was 5+4, I'm now 9+1 and have had nothing from the hospital yet. Decided against an early scan as I think I'd just be feeding my own anxiety.

Hey, I rang the hospital myself and book first scan. You could try the same, I book the rotunda. Have a look on your hospital website or ask a friend . My scan not until mid Feb

Advertisement