Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

august2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Yes I found out the gender because I just couldn't wait, haha :) We're not going to tell anyone yet though. Hope you get your results soon and they're good!

Sorry your nausea is back, mine is too after feeling fine for almost 2 weeks. :(

Me too! I have an appointment with my consultant on Friday. They told me last Monday that the panorama results are taking the full 10 days...day one is the day after you have the test.
    On a good note though my health insurance said I can claim 50% back on it as it’s under pathology. Happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 BallyGraig

Hi everyone, I'm jumping in the Aug thread too. First time mam. Due 22nd. My dating scan is next week. Already had 3 scans due to previous miscarriage.

I also did the harmony test and all was low risk, so delighted. I have not found out the gender yet, the doctor left the gender results in an envelope for me so when we're ready we'll open it.

My sickness, tiredness and insomnia also came back with a bang at week 11. Nice to hear I'm not the only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ahaaha

Can I join in?!!

Was too scared to post for the last few weeks as have had a good few miscarriages over the last few years. But have finally made it into the safety zone! Due early August even though scan said end of July, but I literally know date of ovulation due to treatment so baba measuring a bit big I’d say!

Like you all, nausea and vomiting and exhaustion has definitely subsided over the last few weeks and I’m starting to feel good again. Nice bump starting to develop too, which I can’t stop staring at in the mirror :) and finally allowed myself to buy a few clothes as it was just a struggle and uncomfortable trying to squeeze into things.

Just wondering if anyone is going public? As we spent so much on fertility treatment the last few years, we’ve decided to go public in cumh so am counting down the days to the anomaly scan and meeting my consultant in mid/late March. My nerves seem to have calmed after the dating scan but I’m sure they will build up again as soon as we get close to the next stage.

Hope you’re all keeping well!

Had my 12 week appointment and all is good...got my panorama results back. I shed a tear finding the gender.
    All low risk :) a big relief. 20 week scan booked.

Millem huge congrats!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭History Queen

Great news Millem!

ahaaha wrote: »
    Millem huge congrats!

Thanks a million. My consultant told me not to bother with the test as said I was low risk anyway. From me anything that reduces stress is worth the money :)
    Would highly recommend it!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭plasticheart

Anyone here had their 12 week blood tests done yet? I had mine last week (Friday morn) and have heard nothing back. If something was wrong how quickly do they phone? My imagination is running away with me thinking something is wrong. :(

Anyone here had their 12 week blood tests done yet? I had mine last week (Friday morn) and have heard nothing back. If something was wrong how quickly do they phone? My imagination is running away with me thinking something is wrong. :(

I had mine two weeks ago now and have heard nothing. Give your GP a call if you're concerned as they get copies of results. I wouldn't expect anything before this Friday though

Yes I got mine done on Friday. They only contact you if something shows up :)
    I am in the Rotunda private so never get to see my file until anomaly scan as it stays with my consultant ....they gave it to me to hand into the scanner. From memory last time my bloods came back the same day they were taken :)
    Super quick.

• Advertisement

Millem wrote: »
    Yes I got mine done on Friday. They only contact you if something shows up :)
    I am in the Rotunda private so never get to see my file until anomaly scan as it stays with my consultant ....they gave it to me to hand into the scanner. From memory last time my bloods came back the same day they were taken :)
    Super quick.

I'm Holles St semi private, I assume all hospitals have similar turn around for bloods? So I can only assume m okay as they would have phoned today if any problems? I will try call tomorrow to see can anyone tell me anything.

I'm Holles St semi private, I assume all hospitals have similar turn around for bloods? So I can only assume m okay as they would have phoned today if any problems? I will try call tomorrow to see can anyone tell me anything.

No idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I wouldn’t worry about it, all hospitals have a quick turn around for bloods. The reports will go back to your consultant/team to check and sign off on, but usually if there’s anything out of the ordinary it would be picked up very quickly and you would get a call

jlm29 wrote: »
    I wouldn’t worry about it, all hospitals have a quick turn around for bloods. The reports will go back to your consultant/team to check and sign off on, but usually if there’s anything out of the ordinary it would be picked up very quickly and you would get a call

Thanks. I've had two previous losses, never made it to 12 weeks before so this is all new and a bit daunting to me. I'm almost sure there's nothing wrong with me but I am a worrier at the best of times!

Thanks. I've had two previous losses, never made it to 12 weeks before so this is all new and a bit daunting to me. I'm almost sure there's nothing wrong with me but I am a worrier at the best of times!

You will be grand! I bet they have your bloods back already!
    Last time mine were taken in the morning and results were dated the same day.
    You could ring Holles st if you are worried....I had to ring before to check chicken pox immunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭rosiem

Had 16 week appointment today with consultant and he reviewed bloods from booking appointment all good but advised to start iron even though levels seem ok next appt is 20 week scan then to GP for whooping cough at 22 weeks and back to consultant at 26 weeks it all seems to be moving quickly am feeling much better now in 2nd trimester how is everyone else doing ?

rosiem wrote: »
    Had 16 week appointment today with consultant and he reviewed bloods from booking appointment all good but advised to start iron even though levels seem ok next appt is 20 week scan then to GP for whooping cough at 22 weeks and back to consultant at 26 weeks it all seems to be moving quickly am feeling much better now in 2nd trimester how is everyone else doing ?

That’s great news. I am just finished a week of antibiotics :(
    Back to work after midterm.....loads and loads of mocks to correct. Still vomiting but have a few good days here days and there.
    Finished my 6 weeks of acupuncture but going to keep going with it.
    My next appointment is my big scan but see my consultant directly after it.

Got my flu vaccine too.

I really hope this coronavirus stays away!!! Going to bring hand sanitizer to school today!

Millem wrote: »
    That’s great news. I am just finished a week of antibiotics :(
    Back to work after midterm.....loads and loads of mocks to correct. Still vomiting but have a few good days here days and there.
    Finished my 6 weeks of acupuncture but going to keep going with it.
    My next appointment is my big scan but see my consultant directly after it.

Got my flu vaccine too.

I really hope this coronavirus stays away!!! Going to bring hand sanitizer to school today!

I went out and bought hand sanitizer today the virus had kind of passed me by until yesterday but starting to feel a bit panicky about it now. I think because we know so little about it especially from our point of view of pregnancy and complications it is very scary but not much we can do I suppose except wait it out.

Millem I’m a secondary teacher too-plus we had a big group skiing in northern Italy prior to midterm 😳 so am very nervous of the Coronavirus....surprisingly the hse site has no mention of the effects on pregnant people and the unborn (we aren’t mentioned on the at risk groups either) yet it does mention pets, which is hilarious! My hands have never been so clean!! However our school is not the cleanest-the dirt on the kids tables turns my stomach and I’ve no classroom of my own so can’t exactly clean up to 5/6 classroom table tops of the classes I use every day!

I’m still unsure as to whether I’ll get the flu jab or not but am scheduling the whooping cough vaccine for next week.

Has anyone felt any movement yet? I’m so nervous due to many previous losses and too many ivf cycles than I care to mention, and waiting another few weeks for anomaly scan is likely to drive me mad. Just wish I felt something but it’s just round ligament pain I’ve had.

Millem I’m a secondary teacher too-plus we had a big group skiing in northern Italy prior to midterm �� so am very nervous of the Coronavirus....surprisingly the hse site has no mention of the effects on pregnant people and the unborn (we aren’t mentioned on the at risk groups either) yet it does mention pets, which is hilarious! My hands have never been so clean!! However our school is not the cleanest-the dirt on the kids tables turns my stomach and I’ve no classroom of my own so can’t exactly clean up to 5/6 classroom table tops of the classes I use every day!

I’m still unsure as to whether I’ll get the flu jab or not but am scheduling the whooping cough vaccine for next week.

Has anyone felt any movement yet? I’m so nervous due to many previous losses and too many ivf cycles than I care to mention, and waiting another few weeks for anomaly scan is likely to drive me mad. Just wish I felt something but it’s just round ligament pain I’ve had.

The HSE site it no use but things do seem to be ramping up now so hopefully we might see more guidance soon. I am lucky I can work from home if needed I don’t envy the work situation you describe even without a virus.

I have felt what is like bubbles or air in my tummy hoping to get some real kicks and jabs in the next few weeks will help with the reassurance that all is well 😀

• Advertisement

I'm a secondary school teacher too, also worried about coronovirus. We've a group of students going to France next week and I am going to be nervous when they come back, symptoms can take 14 days to surface so by the time anyone is diagnosed it could be too late to contain infection. I am a bit surprised that all non-essential travel isn't being stopped, although i do understand the knock on impact on the economy.

As regards kicks etc i haven't felt anything yet and I'm 16+4. On my last pregnancy i didn't feel anything until 20 weeks so I'm not worried, although apparently on 2nd and subsequent pregnancies you may feel the baby sooner.

Also feel your pain re mock corrections! I'm currently drowning in mine!

Rosiem, yes it’s quite the disaster zone!! And I’m a clean freak which doesn’t help the situation!

History Queen I’m also 16+4 however we luckily still send away our mocks (even though I normally end up recorrecting them at the end of the day!)

Thanks for the reassurance re movements ladies. Just wish time would move a bit faster to get out of this limbo state I seem to find myself in!!

Rosiem, yes it’s quite the disaster zone!! And I’m a clean freak which doesn’t help the situation!

History Queen I’m also 16+4 however we luckily still send away our mocks (even though I normally end up recorrecting them at the end of the day!)

Thanks for the reassurance re movements ladies. Just wish time would move a bit faster to get out of this limbo state I seem to find myself in!!

Ah that's gas we're expecting the same day, Also I'm insanely jealous that ye send mocks away! What hospital are you in?

Ah that's gas we're expecting the same day, Also I'm insanely jealous that ye send mocks away! What hospital are you in?

I’m with cumh. Will I expect to see you there?!! Ha ha!!

Just saw this on Facebook now regarding hse advice and school tours

https://www.facebook.com/corksredfm/posts/10157259776217060

When you consider the uk is closing schools to disinfect them under the same conditions and nearly every local secondary school around here went skiing in mid Feb in N Italy- it’s a bit scary!

I’m with cumh. Will I expect to see you there?!! Ha ha!!

Just saw this on Facebook now regarding hse advice and school tours

https://www.facebook.com/corksredfm/posts/10157259776217060

When you consider the uk is closing schools to disinfect them under the same conditions and nearly every local secondary school around here went skiing in mid Feb in N Italy- it’s a bit scary!

Haha, afraid not, I'm going to be in Limerick. :-)

I feel sorry for schools involved re tours, as no clear guidance being provided.

Haha, afraid not, I'm going to be in Limerick. :-)

I feel sorry for schools involved re tours, as no clear guidance being provided.

Typical Ireland! A bit like the new junior cycle ;)

Snap I think we all are due same date 7th August 😀

rosiem wrote: »
    Snap I think we all are due same date 7th August 😀

OMG that’s hilarious! Glad to have the company on here!!! It’ll be a busy start to August hopefully for us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Aveen

Hey ladies,
    How's everyone, 16 weeks on, doc tried to reduce hyperemesis meds which back fired, feeling little more myself now they be stables out.
    Think I'm going to find out what I'm having this time but keep it to ourselves.

• Advertisement

Aveen wrote: »
    Hey ladies,
    How's everyone, 16 weeks on, doc tried to reduce hyperemesis meds which back fired, feeling little more myself now they be stables out.
    Think I'm going to find out what I'm having this time but keep it to ourselves.

Hope you are ok? HG is awful had it on my two boys. I am no where need as bad this time. Still sick every day....usually have one bad day a week where I can keep noting down. Still getting acupuncture.
    Find fizzy orange really helps me.

We found out what we were having at 12 weeks. I have told people. I find people say whatever they want to you when you are pregnant and I just can’t listen to them going on about having a girl/boy!!

Advertisement